PDA

View Full Version : Got a BS ticket in Ft. Worth area, need help

01svtL
03-26-2006, 08:33 PM
Hey guys
I went to Oklahoma this past weekend to visit my girlfriend at OU. On the way back, I got pulled over for "changing lanes with insufficient distance" just outside of Ft. Worth, Tx. I thought it was ridiculous, considering the guy I changed in front of purposely let up to let me get over, and I knew there was a police officer ahead of me. As soon as I changed lanes, the cop hit his breaks and fell in behind me. Anyway, since Texas started this new "points system" or whatever, I can't afford to have anything on my record. Does anyone have any information on a lawyer in the Ft. Worth/Denton area that could help me keep this off of my record?

StormShadow
03-26-2006, 08:35 PM
I dont have any info but can you explain this "points" system. This is the first I've heard of this being in Texas.

01svtL
03-26-2006, 09:06 PM
I dont have any info but can you explain this "points" system. This is the first I've heard of this being in Texas.
Apparently once you get 6 points on your record, they fine you. If you get more than that, they dismiss your liscence for a year ... at least for me they do, I'm 21. I've had 3 twat jobs run into me so far, and I've been ticketed in 2 of the incidences.

TP Derrick D
03-27-2006, 12:49 AM
Hey guys
I went to Oklahoma this past weekend to visit my girlfriend at OU. On the way back, I got pulled over for "changing lanes with insufficient distance" just outside of Ft. Worth, Tx. I thought it was ridiculous, considering the guy I changed in front of purposely let up to let me get over, and I knew there was a police officer ahead of me. As soon as I changed lanes, the cop hit his breaks and fell in behind me. Anyway, since Texas started this new "points system" or whatever, I can't afford to have anything on my record. Does anyone have any information on a lawyer in the Ft. Worth/Denton area that could help me keep this off of my record?
THE ONES I USE:(Jim Lollar-1904 S.Cooper, Arlington ,817-860-4467 & 2716 W.Berry,Ft Worth,817-921-4433) (Bailey & Galyen-Ft Worth office-817-263-3000)( Randall Scott-Grand Prairie 972-264-4000 & 972-263-0626)
If that fails...A Sense Of Humor Defensive Driving Metro Line 817-577-8854
offices in Arlington(2), Hurst, & Ft Worth.

Beaudee
03-28-2006, 09:16 AM
No lawer needed just pay the fine and ask for deferd judification.Behave for 6 months and its gone,some areas 3 months.You ran into one of those cops that needs to be shot with a water pistol when he walks up to the window.:rll:

Mark #2
03-28-2006, 10:19 AM

First time I had heard of this too.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/director_staff/public_information/pr081903c.htm

PoorSvtman
03-28-2006, 05:54 PM
point system has been in effect for awhile now.. there was crap all over the internet..

Lyfisin
03-28-2006, 06:40 PM
We even talked about it here.

At least Tex and Doug did. :tongue:

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6207

Brook

QDRHRSE
03-28-2006, 09:01 PM
.....it's a wonderful invention from here in California. When I was 20 I lost my license for 90 days. It's 4 points in one year or 6 in two years.

Tex Arcana
03-29-2006, 12:24 AM
No lawer needed just pay the fine and ask for deferd judification.Behave for 6 months and its gone,some areas 3 months.You ran into one of those cops that needs to be shot with a water pistol when he walks up to the window.:rll:

NEIN!! Dammit, you people just DO NOT LISTEN!!

Pay attention!! It goes like this:

First offense: DEFENSIVE DRIVING! Cheap, a little time-intensive, and a one-shot deal a year (allegedly--no debate on this, please). Additional plus: 5% off your insurance. Drawback: can only be used that once per year.

Second offense (in a year): DEFERRED ADJUDICATION. Why this second? Because you just shor yer wad with the DD. And if you do this first, and get a second violation, not only can you NOT do the DD, the second violation causes the first to go on your record! And then the second duns ya too. DUH!

Third Offense: LAWYER: if you've blown your DD and DAs, then this is your ONLY alternative to paying the ticket. If you're lucky, you MIGHT get this one beat and not affect the DA, but don't hold your breath.

No, get out ther and do your DD. :tu: