PDA

View Full Version : Any GM tech's here

99WhiteBeast
03-27-2006, 03:37 PM
Need to program a key fob for a GM. I have instructions but need access to a tech with TECH2 programmer to configure.

PoorSvtman
03-27-2006, 05:39 PM
you dont need a tech 2 ive done them with out it... what car

99WhiteBeast
03-27-2006, 06:06 PM
you dont need a tech 2 ive done them with out it... what car

99 Grand Am

PoorSvtman
03-27-2006, 06:14 PM
it should only be a series of pushing the lock buttons on the door and turning the key.... im about to head out and run some errands ill swing by the interior guy that used to work at lynn smith with me.. He lives over by martin.. Ill see what he says....

PoorSvtman
03-28-2006, 06:20 PM
he wasnt home so ill see what i can do today

99WhiteBeast
03-29-2006, 08:52 AM
he wasnt home so ill see what i can do today

That's fine. I don't expect the key fob until today or tomorrow. I ordered from these guys.-it was a lot cheaper than the dealership. They have the ones for our trucks for $29

http://www.keylessride.com/?gclid=CMTS0oj4_4MCFRhFCwodcxqZhQ

myblack93
03-29-2006, 04:10 PM
i worked at gm for about 2 years and i know on the trucks you go to your OBD2 port and run a little jumper wire between pins 5 and 13 i believe then hit the unlock and lock buttons on the key fob then pull your jumper wire out and your all good

John

PoorSvtman
03-29-2006, 06:44 PM
i worked at gm for about 2 years and i know on the trucks you go to your OBD2 port and run a little jumper wire between pins 5 and 13 i believe then hit the unlock and lock buttons on the key fob then pull your jumper wire out and your all good

John

i know for a fact on the trucks its just a series of pushing the lock button on the door and the keyfob and turning the key.... I would never jump a wire on the obd port nice way to fry something...

99WhiteBeast
03-30-2006, 10:26 AM
I actually have the instructions on how to do it. It says you have to have a TECH2. I thought someone could help me -my cheap arse saves some coin.
Procedures:
Enter diagnostices (F0)
Enter body (F1), select year (X) and body style (N)
Select "Remote Function Actuation" (F3)
Select "Special Functions" (F2)
Select "Program Transmitters" (F0)
Select # of transmitters to program (1-4)
Follow on screen instructions; press continue, wait for locks to cycle, hold lock and unlock buttons simultaneously for 15-30 seconds, the locks will cycle program
Exit vehicle, Attempt to lock/unlock the doors to verify programming
Collect exuberant amount of money from customer for 5 minutes of work

PoorSvtman
03-30-2006, 05:15 PM
Steve i just called my buddie i used to work with and left him a voicemail.. I gave up on the guy that lives over here... Ill let you know