PDA

View Full Version : Ordered some new slicks

wesman
03-27-2006, 05:40 PM
After racing all day yesterday and finding that I shift into 4th prior to passing the finish line in the 1/4 mile I figured I needed to step up to some new slicks.

I didn't want to shave calipers to run 15's, and there only seems to be one source for 30" slicks that fit on 16" rims. I contacted M&H back in December and the tires were backordered and were supposed to be re-stocked in March before race season.

I emailed back in late Feb and asked if they were in stock. I hadn't heard anything so I emaield again and asked, they replied immediately and said they were in stock and gave me a 10% off code for my troubles.

So, if you read through the diatribe :ron: and are interested in any M&H slicks use this code to get 10% off of your order

Code is mhtenpercent

Can't wait to get these in and see how my times do......those 26's were definitely hurting me :burnout:

Will likely get some matching front runners and rears......anyone have a source for matching front and rear wheels ?

--wes

dboat
03-27-2006, 08:13 PM
After racing all day yesterday and finding that I shift into 4th prior to passing the finish line in the 1/4 mile I figured I needed to step up to some new slicks.

I didn't want to shave calipers to run 15's, and there only seems to be one source for 30" slicks that fit on 16" rims. I contacted M&H back in December and the tires were backordered and were supposed to be re-stocked in March before race season.

I emailed back in late Feb and asked if they were in stock. I hadn't heard anything so I emaield again and asked, they replied immediately and said they were in stock and gave me a 10% off code for my troubles.

So, if you read through the diatribe :ron: and are interested in any M&H slicks use this code to get 10% off of your order

Code is mhtenpercent

Can't wait to get these in and see how my times do......those 26's were definitely hurting me :burnout:

Will likely get some matching front runners and rears......anyone have a source for matching front and rear wheels ?

--wes

hmmm Wes, what happens if you put in the code mhfiftypercent? :D

Dana

wesman
03-27-2006, 09:39 PM
lol..I was thinking about that. It seems that 10 is it. I went back and put in 15&20 and nothing happened.

--wes

L8 APEX
03-27-2006, 10:06 PM
Someone told me Hoosier is making a 30x10.50x16 in the C06 compound. Smileys doesn't know this but SummitRacing has a warehouse full of them.

03LightningRocks
03-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Someone told me Hoosier is making a 30x10.50x16 in the C06 compound. Smileys doesn't know this but SummitRacing has a warehouse full of them.

Wow....that is some serious good news for the fellows who want to run 16 inch wheels!!!

Cancel the M&H's and get the Hoosiers...IMHO

L8 APEX
03-27-2006, 10:13 PM
Customer said the C06 is stickier than the C07 currently used on the 28's. Someone should confirm this though...

03LightningRocks
03-27-2006, 11:22 PM
Customer said the C06 is stickier than the C07 currently used on the 28's. Someone should confirm this though...

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/dragfirm.jpg

wesman
03-27-2006, 11:22 PM
I looked on Summits site and on Hoosiers site and found nothing on them. I'll give thema call tomorrow and see what they say.

I actually have some time as the M&H guy called and said they were supposed to have more in stock, but apparently don't. They should be back in stock in the next week or so.

I'll let everyone know what Hoosier/Summit say tomorrow.

--wes

03LightningRocks
03-27-2006, 11:23 PM
Fake Edit.....yeah...what Wes said... :confused:

https://www.hoosiertire.com/Drtire.htm

L8 APEX
03-28-2006, 12:05 AM
1 800 230 3030 24/7:d

wesman
03-28-2006, 12:46 AM
1 800 230 3030 24/7:d

lol...I'll call tomorrow when I have nothing better to do at work :D

--wes

L8 APEX
03-28-2006, 09:36 AM
Or better yet have Tina do it:cool:

wesman
03-31-2006, 04:01 PM
I called and left a message, also sent two emails. These guys aren't real good at the customer service aspect.

I must say it seems that overall businesses don't give a damn about customers these days. Makes me want to take my business elsewhere, which I likely will. It doesn't take 5 days to answer an email.

I'll probably just stick with my M&H's, at least their customer service is decent and they call me back.

--wes

wesman
03-31-2006, 06:09 PM
Finally returned my call. They do not currently make a 30x16 slick and as far as he knew there is nothing in the works. He said he doesn't have any idea where Summit got that info from but he said it wasn't from them.

However, they have received a lot of calls on them since Summits foobar and it may lead to them making some in the future.

In the meantime I'll be going with the M&H's

--wes