PDA

View Full Version : Slicks are here, need some wheels now>>

wesman
04-12-2006, 05:01 PM
I got the slicks today, man these things are huge compared to my old ones :burnout:

I need to get some wheels for them now, any suggestions?

Criteria is as follows:

1. Has to be a 16x10 at least(slicks are 14.0", need at least a 10" rim)
2. Would like to find front and rears that match
3. Needs to be our bolt pattern/offset (would rather not mess with adapters,spacers etc as that's just more for me to keep up with/lose)
4. Would prefer they don't weigh a ton

So, any suggestions?

--wes

L8 APEX
04-12-2006, 08:04 PM
The simple 8 hole wheels match and fit. They are not true skinnies up front though.. American Baja or Eagle 589's?

wesman
04-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I went up to Discount just to talk to them and see prices, specs etc.

The Baja is what I saw that would be the quickest and easiest and aren't expensive at all. I can get the 16x10 I need and a 16x8 in the front.

--wes

L8 APEX
04-12-2006, 10:16 PM
I don't think there is a skinnier front in 16. I just had a customer call today about wheels. He wanted 15" like Rocks and I think Bogart was the only manufacturer available for our trucks. The only place that had them was JDM. He said he paid $100 bucks more than going straight through Bogart. The radial front and bias rear can be a handful on the top end. CCW won't sell a drag setup without bias front and rears for the Vettes. They say there is a considerable crash factor in mixing the two tires front to rear. I noticed Rock's Hoosier 30"s said Radial on the sidewalls though, not sure about M&H. Next is some kind of brakes, OEM or Willwood.

wesman
04-12-2006, 11:05 PM
I don't think there is a skinnier front in 16. I just had a customer call today about wheels. He wanted 15" like Rocks and I think Bogart was the only manufacturer available for our trucks. The only place that had them was JDM. He said he paid $100 bucks more than going straight through Bogart. The radial front and bias rear can be a handful on the top end. CCW won't sell a drag setup without bias front and rears for the Vettes. They say there is a considerable crash factor in mixing the two tires front to rear. I noticed Rock's Hoosier 30"s said Radial on the sidewalls though, not sure about M&H. Next is some kind of brakes, OEM or Willwood.

I actually still have the 6 piston Wilwoods from the 350. It's likely I could get a bracket fabbed to fit them if I wanted to. I wonder if I should get the guy that designed the kit for the 350 to look into it ??

On the wheels we talked to the guy at AR and they said they can custom make them, not too sure how narrow they can get them.

Also on M&H, you should call and get setup as a dealer with them. They are really nice guys and seem to be hands on as I've talked to one of the owners on three different occasions on the phone. They were great to deal with. It would certainly be nice for guys that are local that want to step up to a 30" and don't want to runs 15's :burnout:

--wes

--wes

L8 APEX
04-13-2006, 07:41 AM
big brake clearance is definately an issue with a 16 wheel in both dimensions. TCE is making their own brackets not sure if your guy has them, you may only need TCE brackets.

wesman
04-20-2006, 07:54 PM
Ordered the Baja's today, get the slicks mounted up tomorrow.

--wes

wesman
04-21-2006, 09:12 PM
Got the new wheels and got them mounted up today.

Damn! these things are big!! Looks like it belongs on a monster truck compared to the old 26's I had before.

I like the Bajas in chrome....look like they'll be easy cleaning, which I like cause I'm not real big on cleaning....got enough of that crap in the military.

--wes

WA 2 FST
04-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Pics? :D

BC Lightning
04-23-2006, 12:45 PM
Pics? :D

+1 get some pics Bad Wes!!

True Blue Aggie
05-16-2006, 09:07 PM
Wes,

How much did your Baja's cost you out of pocket?

wesman
05-16-2006, 10:15 PM
A little less than $250 after mount,balance, tax etc I think from Brandt. He hooked me up a lot better than the Discount on Cooper was pricing me.

--wes