PDA

View Full Version : My new mistress....

True Blue Aggie
04-16-2006, 10:11 PM
http://www.rogerscorvette.com/spots/sep04/rside-640.jpg

Had one of these pull up next to me today driving down 75. Caught him in my rearview mirror and purposly slowed down so I could get a look. To my surprize, the driver pulls up next to us and proceeds to give me the :tu: and tells me he loves the L. My wife had to tell me though cause I was delirius and still drooling over this car..... Plus it was one of the new Z06's......

When I win the lottery, this is the first thing that gets put in the garage....:bows

PUMP
04-16-2006, 10:41 PM
+1:tu:

Bird
04-17-2006, 10:28 PM
http://www.rogerscorvette.com/spots/sep04/rside-640.jpg

When I win the lottery, this is the first thing that gets put in the garage....:bows

When I win the lottery, I'm going to fill my gas tank.......................

:D :D :D :D

Bird

Moonshine
04-18-2006, 09:33 AM

New Z06 is very sweet. Didn't get to drive, but got to go for a ride in one. Very docile and civilized when toodling around, but lay into the loud hammer and it sounds/feels every bit the 11 second ride it is. :tu:

TP Derrick D
04-18-2006, 08:36 PM
That's the color I had my '82 painted "Daytona Sunburst Orange"
But the show I saw on it said 12.3 @ best. Guess it depends on how it was tested ,street tires,slicks, track , or street. Still quick tho.

02BOLT
04-18-2006, 09:15 PM
Derrick, I watched a bone stock C6 ZO6 run an 11.80 at 124mph out at Ennis a couple weeks ago, with a horrible bogging launch(had to have been a 2.1-2.3 60' time). I believe Adam watched one run 11.60's at 125+. Those things have got some ballz!!!

I troll the Vette boards from time to time, just to see what they're up to, and there are guys with the new ZO6, with Drag Radials, Long Tubes, Cold Air, and a tune, running in the LOW 11's at 127-130 mph!:eek: I'm sure with a mild cam, there will be an assload of these things in the 10's here directly, and that's just stupid rediculous.

I realize $70 Grand ain't cheap, but when you compare it to the prices of other high caliber production sports cars, there is nothing on the planet that can match this thing dollar for dollar. IMO, the C6 ZO6 is just absolutely SICK! Just wish I could afford one.:o

RUNVS
04-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Nothing against the Z06, but I'd rather invest in my Lightning and have it running door handle to door handle with a Vette. I know of many built-motored Lightnings laying down mid to high 10s in street trim. Besides, there's something about walking a high-dollar sports car with a pickup truck. :d

While the Z06 is not as common as the regular C6, I see at least a dozen Vettes on the streets every day. Definitely can't say that about the Lightning. That said, if I was fortunate enough to have unlimited funds, I'd probably own a new Z06 anyway simply because they are a bad a$$ car.

If you can find a new Z06 for $70K, it's a steal. Every one I've seen is sticker around $72K and the dealers mark them up at least $7K. Landmark Chevrolet here in Houston had two of them a few weeks back and wouldn't take a penny less than $78K for either. :eek2:

TP Derrick D
04-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Derrick, I watched a bone stock C6 ZO6 run an 11.80 at 124mph out at Ennis a couple weeks ago, with a horrible bogging launch(had to have been a 2.1-2.3 60' time). I believe Adam watched one run 11.60's at 125+. Those things have got some ballz!!!

I troll the Vette boards from time to time, just to see what they're up to, and there are guys with the new ZO6, with Drag Radials, Long Tubes, Cold Air, and a tune, running in the LOW 11's at 127-130 mph!:eek: I'm sure with a mild cam, there will be an assload of these things in the 10's here directly, and that's just stupid rediculous.

I realize $70 Grand ain't cheap, but when you compare it to the prices of other high caliber production sports cars, there is nothing on the planet that can match this thing dollar for dollar. IMO, the C6 ZO6 is just absolutely SICK! Just wish I could afford one.:o
Hey Rob,
I believe its a very quick car no doubt, But I was repeating the numbers I seen on one of the TV programs. Plus lets get real, a car/truck running that time at the track on slicks with everything stripped off is NOT going to do that on the street. I'm not dogging on the car or anyone that think their car or L is the baddest thing out there but there are different ways the vehicle is being tested by people.Plus you know I'm probably the biggest car enthusist on the board so if it top shelf I of all people will say that , if its not I of all people will say that. I guess I'll just have to go buy one and see:D Plus, I need the old/new theme going on in the garage. No wait A'Teal'La will still be the fastest so I guess a Z06 sits outside.:D By the way I think my neighbor bought a blue one a couple weeks ago I'll check him out, I'll let U know. Or come by if U want.

dboat
04-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Nothing against the Z06, but I'd rather invest in my Lightning and have it running door handle to door handle with a Vette. I know of many built-motored Lightnings laying down mid to high 10s in street trim. Besides, there's something about walking a high-dollar sports car with a pickup truck. :d

While the Z06 is not as common as the regular C6, I see at least a dozen Vettes on the streets every day. Definitely can't say that about the Lightning. That said, if I was fortunate enough to have unlimited funds, I'd probably own a new Z06 anyway simply because they are a bad a$$ car.

If you can find a new Z06 for $70K, it's a steal. Every one I've seen is sticker around $72K and the dealers mark them up at least $7K. Landmark Chevrolet here in Houston had two of them a few weeks back and wouldn't take a penny less than $78K for either. :eek2:

Ken, I hear ya but I have posted out here that I am looking hard at those Z's. Its about the only thing I would trade the L for.. but the real deal would be to have both.. There are L's in street trim that hit 10's but man those are some hard core biaatchs that I think would be hard to handle..The Z at least can do road course and rip it down the 1/4 mile. I would like to move on one, but right now aint the time... I say wait a couple of years when the heat dies down on them a little.. then jump in get one with 20-25k miles..
Dana

WA 2 FST
04-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Hey Rob,
Plus lets get real, a car/truck running that time at the track on slicks with everything stripped off is NOT going to do that on the street.

Very true, Derrick. Very true.

However, novice drivers on _stock_ tires and still with the paper tags on the car are running high-11s @ 124+mph at average tracks (read: not the cold, northeast). The cars were not stripped of anything.

I'm sure there are some guys who can only muster a 12.3.

The original post was not comparing an L to a Z06. That's a silly comparison for many reasons, the primary being that they are two so completely different vehicles... what is the point?

Find another car/vehicle that performs as well in _stock_ form with a 3yr/36k mile bumper-to-bumper warranty for anywhere remotely close to the same price. You can't. Not a stock Viper, not a stock 911TT, not a Ford GT, nothing. Period. Even at $80k, its a deal for what you get.

That doesn't mean its for everyone, and we all understand that. :) And to say a C6 Z06 is commonplace is just ignorant. It's certainly not in the "exotic" category (except for its performance) like the cars I mentioned above, but you didn't pay for that. ;)

StormShadow
04-19-2006, 09:10 PM

Yep I saw a brand spankin new Z06 run an 11.6 at 120+mph bone stock on street tires! The guy pulled into the lanes drove around the waterbox, no burnout, lined up and ripped off an 11.8 on his first pass of the day and backed it up with an 11.6.

TP Derrick D
04-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Very true, Derrick. Very true.

However, novice drivers on _stock_ tires and still with the paper tags on the car are running high-11s @ 124+mph at average tracks (read: not the cold, northeast). The cars were not stripped of anything.

I'm sure there are some guys who can only muster a 12.3.

The original post was not comparing an L to a Z06. That's a silly comparison for many reasons, the primary being that they are two so completely different vehicles... what is the point?

Find another car/vehicle that performs as well in _stock_ form with a 3yr/36k mile bumper-to-bumper warranty for anywhere remotely close to the same price. You can't. Not a stock Viper, not a stock 911TT, not a Ford GT, nothing. Period. Even at $80k, its a deal for what you get.

That doesn't mean its for everyone, and we all understand that. :) And to say a C6 Z06 is commonplace is just ignorant. It's certainly not in the "exotic" category (except for its performance) like the cars I mentioned above, but you didn't pay for that. ;)
:tu: I totally agree totally, and its pretty nice/badass for the $$$$

StormShadow
04-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Derrick I was by your house today but it started raining so I didn't stop by. I wanted to get the truck home before it decided to hail.

StormShadow
04-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Found a link to a guy claiming to own a 10 second C6 Z06

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1365843

WA 2 FST
04-20-2006, 07:27 PM
And he lives in Allen and says he used to race Street Renegade in the 5.0 Mustang classes. I probably know the guy.

That is flying for so few mods. Very impressive.

It also shows that he was absolutely killing the clutch in order to get any semblence of a good ET. It lasted a couple of passes and overheated something fierce, I guess.

StormShadow
04-20-2006, 10:17 PM
And he lives in Allen and says he used to race Street Renegade in the 5.0 Mustang classes. I probably know the guy.

That is flying for so few mods. Very impressive.

It also shows that he was absolutely killing the clutch in order to get any semblence of a good ET. It lasted a couple of passes and overheated something fierce, I guess.

It must be you Wes. :eek2: So when did you get the new C6?

WA 2 FST
04-20-2006, 10:21 PM
It must be you Wes. :eek2: So when did you get the new C6?

LOL... not me. :)

TP Derrick D
04-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Derrick I was by your house today but it started raining so I didn't stop by. I wanted to get the truck home before it decided to hail.

If U were near me and it start to hail, stop by and we'll put some blankets or something to help protect the DuPont/PPG or what ever FoMoCo used :tu: