PDA

View Full Version : Need help please read

keynan
04-26-2006, 11:59 PM
I'm not sure if anything can be done, but I figured I would ask. Here is the story I bought a used car 2 days ago and the guy told me and my friend that there was nothing wrong with the car, with the only thing needed is the a/c to be fixed. He also told me that the engine was rebuilt ok well all is good for about a day and the car starts to die when ever I put it into neutral or came to a complete stop, well I call the guy after I get to work today telling him that the car is making an engine knock and that the car was dying well he tells me to bring him the car. Ok well all is good untill I start to go home the car starts to pour out white smoke so I call him and he told me that the car didn't do that while he drove it. Well now the guy says that he won't give me my money back or pay for the car to be fixed. I thought that you had at least 3 days before anything was final? Anything would help me out thanks guys.

98Cobra
04-27-2006, 12:10 AM
there is no guaranteed warranty period or cooling off period in texas. i am afraid you are stuck with it, unless you can prove he knew there was a problem with the car and didnt disclose it.

L8 APEX
04-27-2006, 07:47 AM
What kind of car is it? Normally it is buyer beware especially if they have that AS IS no warranty sticker in the windshield.

Beaudee
04-27-2006, 09:09 AM
Lesson learned.Pawn it off on someone else.

tiffo60
04-27-2006, 09:11 AM
i thougth there was a 3 day law too, might contact an attorney and see what they have to say

keynan
04-27-2006, 09:14 AM
He never said as is untill last night when I called him, there was no sticker in the window either. It's a 91 geo storm

Moonshine
04-27-2006, 09:15 AM
Caveat emptor. You may need to look it up, but I'm guessing you won't have any trouble remembering what it means after this. :rolleyes:

Beaudee
04-27-2006, 09:21 AM
Geo's are a throw away car after X miles.If you want to sell it,let me know ,i have a friend who is an geo expert.Looking for something dependable, go Honda.:tu:

PoorSvtman
04-27-2006, 03:47 PM
Geo's are a throw away car after X miles.If you want to sell it,let me know ,i have a friend who is an geo expert.Looking for something dependable, go Honda.:tu:

what he said....

keynan
04-27-2006, 10:47 PM
How much do you think it's worth with a bad engine?

PoorSvtman
04-27-2006, 10:49 PM
take it to a scrap yard/ junk yard... you might get a 100 bucks for it... Friend took his 89 honda prelude with no motor and got 200 bucks for it.. but being a geo might be less.

Just go garage sale shopping and find a used lawnmower motor and put in it and you will be good as new... The motors in those things are about the same size anyway

Beaudee
04-28-2006, 09:19 AM
You might get your money back if you put an add in the green sheet or something like that.There are alot of people looking for cars like that with high fuel prices..Just act inocent about the smoke when they come to look at it.My friend is not interested.Good luck with it.

tiffo60
04-28-2006, 09:35 AM
get full coverage insurance, then go park it in the middle of northside, wont last more than a couple of days:tu:

Tex Arcana
05-03-2006, 06:17 PM
take it to a scrap yard/ junk yard... you might get a 100 bucks for it... Friend took his 89 honda prelude with no motor and got 200 bucks for it.. but being a geo might be less.

Just go garage sale shopping and find a used lawnmower motor and put in it and you will be good as new... The motors in those things are about the same size anyway

No, no.. bring it to a meeting, and lets us abuse the hell out of it. Either that, or drag it to an empty field, bring some sledgehammers, and sell 3 whacks for a $1. You'll get rich off that. :d