PDA

View Full Version : Whats it worth?

cpeapea
05-05-2006, 06:21 PM
I have the chance to get my hands on a 1969 GTO Judge, has no interior and needs some front fenders. Has a motor built for nitrous (have no idea whats in it) The guy wants 3k for it. Should i grab it up or should he lower the price?

Mark #2
05-05-2006, 06:39 PM
I have the chance to get my hands on a 1969 GTO Judge, has no interior and needs some front fenders. Has a motor built for nitrous (have no idea whats in it) The guy wants 3k for it. Should i grab it up or should he lower the price?

No rust, clean title, numbers matching?
If so, buy.
If not avoid.

I had a chance many years ago on a 69 numbers matching GTO convertible(roommate in College) $5K a perfect numbers matching car, but couldn't come up with the $$$, begged Dad, but no go.
That was tuition for the next year of college for me(dad) and my roommate when he sold it.

cpeapea
05-05-2006, 06:57 PM
no rust from my understanding, clean title. and the fenders are there just not put on. the motor needs to be put in as well, but its all small mechanic work. the numbers are probably matching but i will check. im going to look at it tomorrow.

WA 2 FST
05-06-2006, 02:17 PM
Even if its a NOM (not original motor) and not-#s matching car, if its a real GTO Judge then its definitely worth $3k in its condition.

QDRHRSE
05-12-2006, 03:28 PM
3k as in $3000? You idiot! It should be in your garage already. If it's a the real deal you could probably get 20k, as in $20,000 for it from a collector or on EBAY. Didn't any of you watch Barret-Jackson. A real Judge, or GTO for that matter, is a valuable piece of iron.

RUNVS
05-12-2006, 05:09 PM
I had the deal of a lifetime get by me back in 1977, when I was 18 years old. One of the women who worked with me would occassionally drive her husband's 1967 Corvette convertible to work........ but only on nice days. It was marina blue with a white soft top and a marina blue hard top, blue interior, 427/4-speed, dual quads, PS, PB, PW, with A/C. The car had 22,000 original miles and the spare tire had never been on the ground.

It was damn near perfect and I told her if they ever decided to sell it, let me know. Well, one day she came into the office and said her husband had been transferred to Colorado and did not want to transport the Vette. I asked her what he wanted for it and she said $4,500.00. Bear in mind, $4,500 was a lot of money back then...... especially for an 18 year old kid still in high school.

I was able to come up with financing for the car, but the insurance was going to kill me. Combined with the car note, it would have consumed 80% of my monthly income. :(

I had a friend whose brother owned an exotic car repair business and was into Vettes. He overheard me talking about the car one day and told me if the car was what I said it was, and he felt is was worth buying, he'd give me a $1,000 finder's fee.

I hooked the two parties up, my friend's brother bought the Vette for $4,500, paid me the finder's fee, drove it for six months, never put a dime into it, and flipped it for $10,000.

Today, that same car in #1-#2 condition is easily worth $100,000+. :crying: