PDA

View Full Version : Dash Pod finished!!!!!!!!

BC Lightning
05-25-2006, 06:59 PM
Just waiting for it to ship to me and get my wideband installed in it, with fuel pressure guage, pics look awesome, cant wait to see it in my truck

Wes I'm sending you what he charged me for everything

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/MichaelBic38/PodInstalled2.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/MichaelBic38/PodInstalled.jpg

Mark #2
05-25-2006, 07:58 PM
That is really sweet looking:tu:
.....but;)
My eyes have a hard time looking at one or two piller pods gauges at eye level going down the track.

BC Lightning
05-26-2006, 12:15 PM
That is really sweet looking:tu:
.....but;)
My eyes have a hard time looking at one or two piller pods gauges at eye level going down the track.

thats why I'm ditching the A-pillar pod, actually just my boost guage will be in the a-pillar with a loteck single guage pod and handle, I figured my wideband and fuel pressure were more important than boost so I would nee them at a spot thats easier to read

WA 2 FST
05-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Looks killer... now its time for a Whipple so you can put all that information to good use. :)

Mark #2
05-26-2006, 06:45 PM
thats why I'm ditching the A-pillar pod, actually just my boost guage will be in the a-pillar with a loteck single guage pod and handle, I figured my wideband and fuel pressure were more important than boost so I would nee them at a spot thats easier to read

Just commenting, no offense intended.
IMHO they will be harder to read going down the track as they are below eye level and pretty far to the right.
If I did a custom dash they would be right in front of me at the top of the steering wheel.
Again, best looking gage install ever.

BC Lightning
05-26-2006, 07:04 PM
IMHO they will be harder to read going down the track as they are below eye level and pretty far to the right.
If I did a custom dash they would be right in front of me at the top of the steering wheel.

None taken :tu:

PoorSvtman
05-26-2006, 09:18 PM

Thats one reason i didnt do my dash pod like the one pictured.. Mine acutaly sits up a tad higher... I just need to finish it and paint it...

True Blue Aggie
05-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Mike is never out in front anyway so he should have plenty of time to read his dash gauges when he tries to chase everyone down.... :throw:

BC Lightning
05-27-2006, 02:30 AM
Thats one reason i didnt do my dash pod like the one pictured.. Mine acutaly sits up a tad higher... I just need to finish it and paint it...

and if it were my track truck only I would have wanted something along those lines, but I dont want to have to look at it everytime I drive my truck, and to me having bumps on the middle looks out of place to me, but if I had Rocks' setup, then yes they would be ideal there

Mike is never out in front anyway so he should have plenty of time to read his dash gauges when he tries to chase everyone down....

and last time I checked I'm still in front of you on the times list???

Looks killer... now its time for a Whipple so you can put all that information to good use.

been workin on stereo stuff, etc parts like QA1's and hotchkiss sway bars, and etc small stuff, but dont worry the 2.6 KB or Whipple will be on her shortly, even thiking of getting rid of my art carr stall and getting a PI converter since Jim III said they are more reliable than art carr

True Blue Aggie
05-27-2006, 06:41 AM
and last time I checked I'm still in front of you on the times list???

We need a list for reaction times....:D

WA 2 FST
05-27-2006, 12:13 PM
been workin on stereo stuff, etc parts like QA1's and hotchkiss sway bars, and etc small stuff, but dont worry the 2.6 KB or Whipple will be on her shortly, even thiking of getting rid of my art carr stall and getting a PI converter since Jim III said they are more reliable than art carr

Sweet! I agree about the PI converter. It's superior to the AC stuff, and they have a better warranty, IMHO.

PoorSvtman
05-27-2006, 12:42 PM
and if it were my track truck only I would have wanted something along those lines, but I dont want to have to look at it everytime I drive my truck, and to me having bumps on the middle looks out of place to me, but if I had Rocks' setup, then yes they would be ideal there

Yea im going to end up redoing mine somehow since you did this as well.. lol bastard :beer: I got something up my sleeve but how my gauges are set are the least of my worries right now lol... Getting off my lazy arse to finish the truck and figure out what new blower i want.

If you ditch the art carr ill take it till my tranny blows up

FRDRCING
05-27-2006, 02:39 PM
Looks Good Mike