PDA

View Full Version : Just Graduated and Im goin to Demod the L

02SVTKID
05-25-2006, 07:03 PM
Well I finally finished high school and the only thing left is to actually walk across the stage. Along in doing so I have decided that I am goin to be demodding my truck almost back to stock prolly keep exhaust and programmer. I have bigger and better plans now for the racing part of my life and i dont see my daily driving L being what gets it done. Ill be posting up as my process begins. :evil O and one more things i now work at discount tire off of cooper street infront of the mall. But i will soon be transfering to the new one in mansfield.

wesman
05-25-2006, 07:09 PM
What parts are you selling ?

True Blue Aggie
05-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Vultures.......circling........:D

wesman
05-25-2006, 11:09 PM
Vultures.......circling........:D

lol....it's not likely he has anything that I don't....was just asking...you know, trying to help a struggling student out :beer:

L8 APEX
05-25-2006, 11:48 PM
You might as well leave the basics on it if you're gonna keep it. Driving a stock L is just wrong. If I remember correctly he doesn't qualify for the starving student cutoff;) .

QDRHRSE
05-26-2006, 12:27 PM
I'm with Terry. I'm a starving grad student and I just put my wife through college....I'm poor- nobody helps this brother out! In fact I'm going to take this opportunity to congratulate my hot 7 1/2 month pregnant wife. She just finished her last class a couple of days ago and officially "walks" next Friday.....sorry to post jack.

wesman
05-26-2006, 01:01 PM
You live in CA, you don't count. You have a house that you can likley sell for 6 times it's true value. You should just get out while the gettings good, sell and then move to Tx and live lke a king.....lol :rll:

--wes

QDRHRSE
05-26-2006, 03:25 PM
I am a financial/operations analyst in the Health Care industry. Is there a high demand for people like me and can I still make over $100k. If not, I'm staying. I'm not sure if the salaries across the country are relative to the cost of living in each geographic area. Do you get where I'm going? My house is only worth about $500k anyway. Just for the sake of asking, what would a new 2500-3000 sq ft house on an acre or less cost out there? I live in one of the best parts of a desert area on the edge of Los Angels county and it is still relatively inexpensive. The house we are looking at is a single story 3800 sq ft on almost an acre- it will probably cost me $650-700k. We're thinking about it. If I had the opportunity I might move out of state if I could make LA money in a not-LA housing market. I find that scenario unlikely. I could go on and on about this all day. Pre holiday weekends are pretty slow around here. I think that I'm gonna pack up and go home.

jcblack
05-26-2006, 05:11 PM
I am a financial/operations analyst in the Health Care industry. Is there a high demand for people like me and can I still make over $100k. If not, I'm staying. I'm not sure if the salaries across the country are relative to the cost of living in each geographic area. Do you get where I'm going? My house is only worth about $500k anyway. Just for the sake of asking, what would a new 2500-3000 sq ft house on an acre or less cost out there? I live in one of the best parts of a desert area on the edge of Los Angels county and it is still relatively inexpensive. The house we are looking at is a single story 3800 sq ft on almost an acre- it will probably cost me $650-700k. We're thinking about it. If I had the opportunity I might move out of state if I could make LA money in a not-LA housing market. I find that scenario unlikely. I could go on and on about this all day. Pre holiday weekends are pretty slow around here. I think that I'm gonna pack up and go home.

There is a single story 4000 sq ft house behind my parents house that is going for $400K. 250-300K is a big difference to me. I see what you are talking about as far as the cost of living.

dboat
05-26-2006, 06:00 PM
Tom, who do you work for? I am a Medical Group Manager.. I worked for HCA for about 6 yrs before I left and came up to Erie.

Dana

QDRHRSE
05-26-2006, 09:01 PM
I've been all over. I worked at a Medical Group/IPA called Family Health Care 130,000 lives, I worked at HealthNet as an Actuary for a little while, Physician Associates [IPA 160,000 lives], and now I work at an interesting company called Care Level Management. Care Level is the future of HealthCare for sick Medicare patients in America. We offer several different types of services, we have hospitalists.....etc etc. We are rapidly expanding. Right now we are in Northern and Southern California, Arizona, Florida, and Texas. Our main product is home healthcare for Medicare patients. Our Physicians don't have offices and they only have a limited # of patients. All they do is see patients in their homes. They are available 24/7 by phone and email. We utilize electronic medical records and each doc is loaded to the hilt with gadgets. We are on a pilot project with Medicare. If we can save them 5% over 3 years on our sick patients as compared to patients with an HCC score over 2.75 not in our program, we will go nationwide. So far we have saved the taxpayers 30%. I do most of the stats, beddays, and I'm responsible for reconciling the Medicare enrollment. I think that we are looking to move into Ohio and Pensylvania in the next few months. It's a great job. Low stress, good money, easy hours, really nice boss, big bonus opportunities. I am "writing the book" for our companies clinical decision support modeling and reporting.

Sorry if I bored everybody. This was for Dana's benefit- now back to Lightnings.

True Blue Aggie
05-26-2006, 11:34 PM
Dana, which office with HCA were you based out of? I worked on HCA construction projects for 6 years before I moved over to the Baylor Healthcare system....

dboat
05-27-2006, 02:06 AM
Sorry guys, this is still going to be :0fftopic

Michael, when I was with HCA, and located in Dallas, I worked out of the North Tx Division office, although I was a corporate payroll guy and didnt have any practices in Dallas. This was located in one of the towers at the Galleria. Then they moved over by the airport. I then moved to another office building just down the street from the Galleria and had an office there.

Tom, I am interested in what you guys are doing.. We are currently changing our EHR so that we are using an integrated system with our practice management system. I have been trying to roll out something similar to what you are doing but using a small office based set of offices staffed by a midlevel to see Medicaid patients. Using the wireless EHR with multiple sites and a roving doctor for consulting and oversight. Its the payor regs that holds us up, not the clinical side and make it profitable on the capitated reimbursement.. we should talk sometime soon.. pm me your phone number.

Dana

wesman
05-27-2006, 11:06 AM
lol....my how this post has strayed :0fftopic

:rll:

-wes

dboat
05-27-2006, 12:26 PM
lol....my how this post has strayed :0fftopic

:rll:

-wes

yes and for the better.. :D

QDRHRSE
05-27-2006, 05:46 PM
It's finally going to happen.....Dana and I will probably be going on our first date!

dboat
05-27-2006, 08:25 PM
It's finally going to happen.....Dana and I will probably be going on our first date!

:tu: :evil :tu:

Tex Arcana
05-30-2006, 11:44 PM

Yes, salaries are supposed to be relative to where you live. And so is housing. If your house is $500k there, it'll be worth about $120k here.

You've seen pics of my house; now remember we paid $317k for it on 2 acres. Most houses in the 2500-300 sqft range here are about $190-$230k, depending on age and location.

Forget about making LA money in another market. THe worst part about what you want is the fallacy of it: you make no more than a guy in a similar position does anywhere else, since housing and cost of living costs eat up most of your salary. The actual numbers are irrelevant: what they actually buy you is most important. And I'll bet you a Texas dollar (about 30 LA cents) that if you pulled up stakes and moved to TExas, you would actually end up being better off in the long run, both financially (lower cost of living = more money in the bank), and personally (much better quality of life). :tu:

QDRHRSE
06-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Yes, salaries are supposed to be relative to where you live. And so is housing. If your house is $500k there, it'll be worth about $120k here.

You've seen pics of my house; now remember we paid $317k for it on 2 acres. Most houses in the 2500-300 sqft range here are about $190-$230k, depending on age and location.

Forget about making LA money in another market. THe worst part about what you want is the fallacy of it: you make no more than a guy in a similar position does anywhere else, since housing and cost of living costs eat up most of your salary. The actual numbers are irrelevant: what they actually buy you is most important. And I'll bet you a Texas dollar (about 30 LA cents) that if you pulled up stakes and moved to TExas, you would actually end up being better off in the long run, both financially (lower cost of living = more money in the bank), and personally (much better quality of life). :tu:

Is your place the one with the new garage? You're right. Some of you guys have some a$$ pimp pads. Mine is 4 bedroom 2 story/2500 ft on a 10,000 ft lot. It's ok. I wish that I had double the garage though. The house that I want has a 3 car and a single "executive" garage too. That's what I'm talking about!