PDA

View Full Version : ....getting off my lazy ass.....

QDRHRSE
05-26-2006, 12:42 PM
I'm finally going to get off my lazy ass and do some work on my truck. Among the things that i need to do is install all my gauges. I have fp, boost, wideband, and trans temp. I have never done this stuff on an L. Is there a best way to do it? Is there a specific wire under the dash that is best for power? Also, where is the best place to grab vacuum. What fittings will I need....just vacuum line and a T....or is there more to it. Also, any suggestios as to where or what order the gauges should go. I have a tripple pillar mount and a single column mount pod. Thanks guys. Go MAV's.

WA 2 FST
05-26-2006, 01:04 PM
On the vacuum/boost gauge you can tee into the factory spot right under the dash. You'll see it. Very easy to locate.

wesman
05-26-2006, 01:08 PM
On the vacuum/boost gauge you can tee into the factory spot right under the dash. You'll see it. Very easy to locate.

Agreed, and on the power/lights for the gauges I used the factory dimmer control. That way you can control the lights on your gauges with your other dash lights.

--wes

Sandman
05-26-2006, 01:18 PM
this might help.

http://www.timskelton.com/lightning/race_prep/reliability/gauge_install/gauge_pod.htm

QDRHRSE
05-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Perfect! That was exactly what i was looking for. There is no way that is going to take 15 hours. More like 3-5 tops.

QDRHRSE
06-01-2006, 09:14 PM
I have a new potential problem. Help! The pod that I have is for an 02 & up. Will it fit my 00?

RUNVS
06-02-2006, 09:17 AM
I think the only difference is at the top, where it meets the headliner. Take your OEM pillar cover off and hold the new one up in its place. If the headliner is covered, you should be good to go.

QDRHRSE
06-03-2006, 11:00 PM
The new one does not cover the corner of the headliner like the stock one does. We're going to try it out anyway. It looks like it may work. I've got more work done on my truck in one week than I have in the last 3 or 4 months. I'm pretty pleased with myself. I'm on a roll. I'm doing nitrous and gauges on the Cobra tomorrow.