PDA

View Full Version : EGR delete plate....

Sixpipes
05-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Got my truck back from Terry yesterday. I really like the way the delete plate cleaned up the drivers side of the motor. :cool:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/DSCN6498.JPG

Mark #2
05-27-2006, 12:26 PM
What happens with the electrical connector that goes to the EGR module? No computer issues or does the chip delete it electrically?

dboat
05-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Dennis, the new KB looks great along with the new plenum.. the area under the hood looks a lot cleaner too.. less stuff plus did Terry detail the thing too?

Nice

Dana

btw, how much of a difference do you feel in the power?:nana2

FRDRCING
05-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Truck is looking good Dennis:tu:

Sixpipes
05-27-2006, 02:51 PM
What happens with the electrical connector that goes to the EGR module? No computer issues or does the chip delete it electrically?

Gonna have to get help from terry on that one. I assume it is similar to the boost switch that we disconnect and nothing ever happens. :cool:

Sixpipes
05-27-2006, 02:56 PM
:cool:
Dennis, the new KB looks great along with the new plenum.. the area under the hood looks a lot cleaner too.. less stuff plus did Terry detail the thing too?

Nice

Dana

btw, how much of a difference do you feel in the power?:nana2

It was pretty warm yesterday, but unmistakable increase in power. I need to upgrade the heat exchanger for the intercooler because Terry says the stock one is not doing the job. The computer pulls timing when the intercooler fluid gets too warm. Love the sound of the JLP/Ken Belle set up though. I've got a few other little things planned, but have probably over-spent my mod money allowance for the year. :(

Mark #2
05-27-2006, 04:09 PM
:cool:

It was pretty warm yesterday, but unmistakable increase in power. I need to upgrade the heat exchanger for the intercooler because Terry says the stock one is not doing the job. The computer pulls timing when the intercooler fluid gets too warm. Love the sound of the JLP/Ken Belle set up though. I've got a few other little things planned, but have probably over-spent my mod money allowance for the year. :(

Gorila was getting a little long in the tooth, so he got some new lungs(KB/JLP plenum), a pacemaker(SCT 9300), a heart monitor(A/F Gage), a hip replacement(converter), and a knee(ankle?) replacement(true trac rear):D :tu: :tu:

dboat
05-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Gorila was getting a little long in the tooth, so he got some new lungs(KB/JLP plenum), a pacemaker(SCT 9300), a heart monitor(A/F Gage), a hip replacement(converter), and a knee(ankle?) replacement(true trac rear):D :tu: :tu:

You make it sound like whats been going on with my parents... :evil

Dennis,
with the other mods, how does it feel? the true trac, etc.. ??

I am finishing up some non-performance mods myself right now.. will post up when they are done..

When Terry did that work on mine last summer, it was really a nice improvement.
Dana

Sixpipes
05-27-2006, 06:13 PM
You make it sound like whats been going on with my parents... :evil

Dennis,
with the other mods, how does it feel? the true trac, etc.. ??

I am finishing up some non-performance mods myself right now.. will post up when they are done..

When Terry did that work on mine last summer, it was really a nice improvement.
Dana

Well the weak link has got to be the transmission at this point. 90K on the original with a few hundred launches with slicks and various and sundry burnouts, you would think a replacement is just around the corner, but... who knows? I could probably use an EBC brake replacement, but like Mark said, just doing stuff as I need it (or have funds). :D

dboat
05-29-2006, 06:17 AM
Dennis, was there any difference in sound or sound levels by doing this? what other differences, other than cosmetic, does this make?
Dana

L8 APEX
05-29-2006, 10:06 PM
We removed the EGR colenoid, DFPE switch, EGR tube. I capped the vac line going to the EGR solenoid. The harness is intact just tucked back. It could be reversed with minimal efforts. I also capped the bung off the manifold. I turned off the EGR codes, there should be no ill effects of this mod. I am sure it will keep a lot of carbon and junk out of the intercooler.

PoorSvtman
05-29-2006, 10:45 PM
I am sure it will keep a lot of carbon and junk out of the intercooler.

Im sure it will.. I dont remember how many months/miles i had on my truck with the pcv delete/breathers installed but still had the egr hooked up. The intercooler was a tad dirty when i pulled the motor.. Not oily but dirty...

Tex Arcana
05-30-2006, 12:29 AM
How does it pass inspection?

99WhiteBeast
05-30-2006, 08:33 AM
How does it pass inspection?

There's no visual check for EGR so along as the code is cleared-no issues.

I'm about to do the delete on mine as I've replaced every EGR piece trying to get rid of P0401 (insufficient flow) and P0402 (excessive flow) codes that come back every few months and effect driveability.

PoorSvtman
05-30-2006, 06:46 PM
There's no visual check for EGR so along as the code is cleared-no issues.

I'm about to do the delete on mine as I've replaced every EGR piece trying to get rid of P0401 (insufficient flow) and P0402 (excessive flow) codes that come back every few months and effect driveability.

Hey steve-o the inspector is supposed to look and make sure the egr is there. But as you know most over look it;)

also pm sent buddy