PDA

View Full Version : IndyCar

dboat
06-02-2006, 06:54 PM
Well, we will be off to Watkins Glen, NY on Sunday morning.. we have tickets for the IndyCar race there.. we will be rooting for Danica to do well.. its about a 3-3.5 hour drive from here.. the area is supposed to be very pretty. I'll try to post up some pics is anyone is interested.. the racetrack has a very good website that lets you have 3d panorama views from where your seats are located so that you can see what it is like sitting in your seats.. They also have a bevy of driving schools that come thru there as well.. if the track looks good, just might have to try one them out..
Dana

dboat
06-05-2006, 09:34 AM
Had a pretty decent time, except the weather was dreary and a bit unexpected. Had gone to weather.com to get report that morning.. showed 30-40% chance of rain with a high of 56 degrees.. so I went in sandals, heavy windbreaker and shorts.. well the temp dropped to 48, wind blowing and raining.. so I froze.. along with a lot of other folks.. the event was poorly attended, I assume mostly due to the weather.. the parking was good, the seats were good (right behind Danica Patricks pit)..
However, on the way home, I have someone pull up behind me in the left lane, so I move over to the right lane, they move over to.. so I tap my brake to disengage the cruise control. Bing.. the lights go on.. its an officer of the law.. I get a ticket for NOT USING MY BLINKER TO CHANGE LANES.. What a load of :Bullshit .. any suggestions? then the court date is at 5p on a day I have tickets to go to the comedy club.. :mad:
Dana

Lyfisin
06-05-2006, 10:29 AM
That whole story stinks. Too bad the race was so cold. I heard it wasn't hot when I watched the Indy 500, but hot is relative and I respectfully disagree. At least I had space though. The people around me weren't able to attend. :( I once knew an office who wrote a lot of tickets for not using signals. He said they deserved them for being lazy. You're correct when you say it's BS. I couldn't agree more. I "heard" in Florida, you don't have to use them unless you are changing direction. Not sure how much change you have to do though. I also don't know about how reliable that info even was. Anyway, sorry you had such a mediocre time.