PDA

View Full Version : Where to get QA1s?

TXBLU
06-05-2006, 11:03 PM
Well, It's time to get new shocks for the L. The originals are getting just a bit jiggly and the truck just doesn't seem to take a firm set going into fast corners under braking any more. The truck is only lowered 2" in the back, and the front ride height is stock. After all I have read, I want the QA1s, even thought they might be a bit of overkill. Where can I get a set of four (with the rear brackets?) for a reasonable price? Thanks to all in advance!

E

wesman
06-05-2006, 11:08 PM
Terry can get them

--wes

TP Derrick D
06-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Well, It's time to get new shocks for the L. The originals are getting just a bit jiggly and the truck just doesn't seem to take a firm set going into fast corners under braking any more. The truck is only lowered 2" in the back, and the front ride height is stock. After all I have read, I want the QA1s, even thought they might be a bit of overkill. Where can I get a set of four (with the rear brackets?) for a reasonable price? Thanks to all in advance!

E
What exactly is your truck doing? I'm thinking the same thing. I have the Bilsteins and I seem to sway to much in the front end and to much body roll in the curves/corners not only that seem to bottom them out if I hit a low spot in road.

TXBLU
06-07-2006, 10:26 AM
Hey, D! What's up? Here's what it's doing. Staight and level down the road, I feel like the wheels are not staying as firmly planted on the road as they used to be. It's like the damping for the first 1/2" of travel has just been turned way down. It's almost like the tires are out of balance, but when the road is really smooth, there is none of that jiggly sensation. Granted, it's minor, but to me, noticeable. Also, like when I'm diving into the exit ramp for 635 West from the Tollway Southbound, after the suspension gets loaded, it seems to rock back and then reload before it stabilizes out. The second "set" hits right at the apex af the curve when I really push it, so it makes the truck feel quite nervous. Again, it's a fairly minor sensation, but to me, it's noticeable and not the most confidence inspiring feeling in the world. It also seems to roll a bit further than before, but I might be imagining that. I keep thinking the rear end is just gonna step out big-time when it does that. I used to be able to feel the rear end start to give up grip fairly well and modulate it with the throttle, but now it feels like it wants to just go sideways when I really push it. Lately, I've backed way off, and it's not as fun anymore.

If the is a better shock than the QA1 for 0"/2" F/R drop on stock springs, for an aggressively driven truck, I'd like to know what it is.:burnout: