PDA

View Full Version : Different health watch - Im being told to work from home the rest of the week

Silver_2000
06-07-2006, 08:27 AM
They are fumnigating the my floor of our building and have closed it

Im working from home this week - Its so funny .. Dying to know what exactly they are hoping to eliminate by fumigating

Perhaps they are going to kill all the idiot micromanaging directors ?
Or perhaps all the lazy do nothing yes men .. ? Nah that would be a dream ...

98Cobra
06-07-2006, 12:07 PM
I cant imagine just doing one floor - whatever is living there will just move to an adjacent floor.

Guess you can work off site from Lake Lewisville though :tu:

Silver_2000
06-07-2006, 12:15 PM
I cant imagine just doing one floor - whatever is living there will just move to an adjacent floor.

Guess you can work off site from Lake Lewisville though :tu:

Planning a triup to the lake tomorrow - Have edge card ready :tu:

03LightningRocks
06-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Interesting that they are just hitting your floor. Maybe they are trying to kill black mold or something. I agree that if it is bugs or rodents they are after, it will just drive them to another floor.

I on the other hand am sitting here while Verizon jerks me around. Morons told me they would be here this AM, so I called them around 10, when they hadn't showed up yet. They give me a real sad story about being short handed and tell me the will be here within an hour. Nope...not here yet. Now I call the jag offs and they said they where just coming to bury the cable...:bs . The cable was buried yesterday. What a bunch of assclowns. Now I wait for them to call me back.

Silver_2000
06-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Interesting that they are just hitting your floor. Maybe they are trying to kill black mold or something. I agree that if it is bugs or rodents they are after, it will just drive them to another floor.

I on the other hand am sitting here while Verizon jerks me around. Morons told me they would be here this AM, so I called them around 10, when they hadn't showed up yet. They give me a real sad story about being short handed and tell me the will be here within an hour. Nope...not here yet. Now I call the jag offs and they said they where just coming to bury the cable...:bs . The cable was buried yesterday. What a bunch of assclowns. Now I wait for them to call me back.

There are 3 verizon trucks at a house 4 or 5 house down from me

Its easy to be short handed when it takes 3-6 guys to do a job
I read they are close to announcing some cool add ons to the set top boxes
You will be able to view recorded programs on a different box soon - In other owrds I have one DVR and one regular box
I could watch the DVR stuff from the other room - Also adding a PC connection piece so you can see pictures and stuff - just makes sense since the set top boxes are all just linux pcs with ip addresses and all..

dboat
06-07-2006, 05:57 PM
They are fumnigating the my floor of our building and have closed it

Im working from home this week - Its so funny .. Dying to know what exactly they are hoping to eliminate by fumigating

Perhaps they are going to kill all the idiot micromanaging directors ?
Or perhaps all the lazy do nothing yes men .. ? Nah that would be a dream ...

Be careful there.. you could be talking about guys like me.. :evil

Dana

Mark #2
06-07-2006, 06:47 PM

Dana
No with the X-TIers over there, it's me for sure.;)

Wht95Lightning
06-07-2006, 07:37 PM
. Dying to know what exactly they are hoping to eliminate by fumigating

I bet they're after those pesky no-see-ums!

http://creatures.ifas.ufl.edu/aquatic/Biting_midges_02.jpg

03LightningRocks
06-07-2006, 09:43 PM
There are 3 verizon trucks at a house 4 or 5 house down from me

Its easy to be short handed when it takes 3-6 guys to do a job
I read they are close to announcing some cool add ons to the set top boxes
You will be able to view recorded programs on a different box soon - In other owrds I have one DVR and one regular box
I could watch the DVR stuff from the other room - Also adding a PC connection piece so you can see pictures and stuff - just makes sense since the set top boxes are all just linux pcs with ip addresses and all..

After getting told 4 different times throughout the day "the tech is on the way", five trucks pull up at my house around 3:45. They got it done and running in about 45 minutes. Apparently the schedul people didn't bother to tell the local people about me. They got word around 3 and the manager sent half the damned crew out...LOL. It works great. The TV stuff isn't available in Plano yet...they said they where back ordered on equipment.

Silver_2000
06-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Well they have decided to fumigate the entore building now .. What a crock

It means another day on the lake for me - Terry joined me today - It was great - flat water - sunshine - some scenery and margaritas over at sneaky petes ...

Anyone interested in going tomorrow afternoon just let me know

Doug

wesman
06-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Well they have decided to fumigate the entore building now .. What a crock

It means another day on the lake for me - Terry joined me today - It was great - flat water - sunshine - some scenery and margaritas over at sneaky petes ...

Anyone interested in going tomorrow afternoon just let me know

Doug

Doug,

Let me know when you guys are going out and who's going . I could pull my boat out there if needed or just meet up with you guys.

Good to hear Terry is out getting some R&R...help keep that little bastard adjusted :beer:

--wes

Tex Arcana
06-08-2006, 11:12 PM

Dana
You one of these??
http://store.maxis.com.my/images/01_onevoice/dilbert/store_dilbert_pic2.gif
:rll:

Silver_2000
06-08-2006, 11:16 PM
Doug,

Let me know when you guys are going out and who's going . I could pull my boat out there if needed or just meet up with you guys.

Good to hear Terry is out getting some R&R...help keep that little bastard adjusted :beer:

--wes

Im planning on going in the afternoon a couple hours on the water then over to Sneaky petes for some Happy Hour scenery and food - My boat is at Pier 121

At this point Im the only slacker so far.....

wesman
06-09-2006, 12:06 AM
Im planning on going in the afternoon a couple hours on the water then over to Sneaky petes for some Happy Hour scenery and food - My boat is at Pier 121

At this point Im the only slacker so far.....

Cool...we'll see if anyone else signs up and see what you want to do.

I should drag my lazy butt outta bed about 10ish, I'll check in and see what the latest is then. :beer:

--wes

dboat
06-09-2006, 03:48 AM
You one of these??
http://store.maxis.com.my/images/01_onevoice/dilbert/store_dilbert_pic2.gif
:rll:

almost, just no pointy hair.. :evil

Silver_2000
06-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Well Missed Wesman but enjoyed the lake and Sneakys anyway ...

Going again tomorrow and or Sunday

If you are interested call me or call someone that has my number

Doug

In case you need incentive
Link to another website I maintain
http://www.lewisvillepartycove.com/gallery/index.php

You have to register to see the pictures.. 2800 pictures from the cove ..1st attached picture was taken about 2 weeks ago- second was last year by the infamous Naught Hottie

L8 APEX
06-09-2006, 11:22 PM
I got my scheduled installs done by noon and after fighting with the Honda dealer I needed to do something else. It worked out great to hit the lake with Doug for a few hours. He has a slick setup with the boat ready to go on the water just add iPod and beer. The lake was glass smooth and hotter than hell, but the water was cold below the surface. I haven't been on a lake in YEARS probably since 2001. As much as I try not to have any fun it happens on occassion. I felt like Bill Murray in the movie What about Bob. The scene where they are sailing and he is tied to the mast and enjoying the ride. Anyway, thanks for the ride Doug will do again sometime.:cool:

wesman
06-10-2006, 01:55 AM
Sorry Doug, got caught up in some yard stuff I've been putting off for about a month. I'm supposed to be coming out there tommorrow to meet some friends, maybe we'll see you out there.

--wes

Well Missed Wesman but enjoyed the lake and Sneakys anyway ...

Going again tomorrow and or Sunday

If you are interested call me or call someone that has my number

Doug

In case you need incentive
Link to another website I maintain
http://www.lewisvillepartycove.com/gallery/index.php

You have to register to see the pictures.. 2800 pictures from the cove ..1st attached picture was taken about 2 weeks ago- second was last year by the infamous Naught Hottie

my2002lightning
06-10-2006, 02:17 AM
I would try to make it out to the party maybe next weekend or so. One of my groomsmen, Tim, picked up his second Sea-Doo - the new one's supercharged and has been trying to get me out to Lewisville and the Party-Cove.

He's "single-again" and has had very good luck with Sneaky-Pete's, btw. :twitch:

My weekends are very short now-a-days with Baby and commuting down south.

I'll try for next weekend or so.:)

Ronald