PDA

View Full Version : Front end pop?

slick-svt
06-16-2006, 11:17 PM
I have a 2003 L and sometimes when I'm backing up and stop I hear a pop from under the front end sometimes its when I'm backing and turning. Sound kinda like slack in the lower control arms bushings?
I;m still under warrenty but couldn't get it to do it at the dealership(of course) shop foreman told me to ask if any one has had the same problem.
Thanks

dboat
06-17-2006, 06:07 AM
Would this be the infamous clunk? sounds like you need some clunk washers.
Dana

wesman
06-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Would this be the infamous clunk? sounds like you need some clunk washers.
Dana

Precisely

--wes

slick-svt
06-17-2006, 09:36 PM
What is a clunk washer?
WHere do they go and where do you get'em?

RUNVS
06-17-2006, 11:46 PM
LFP sells the clunk washer kit. Mark doesn't list it on his website, but he has them. Give 'em a call.
http://www.lightningforceperformance.com

slick-svt
06-18-2006, 01:41 AM
Is this from slack in the front end? The reason I ask is because the truck is still under warrenty.

dboat
06-18-2006, 07:59 AM
Is this from slack in the front end? The reason I ask is because the truck is still under warrenty.

They wont really "fix" it under warrranty. They will just crank down on the the thing.. get the clunk washers and fix it right..
Dana

Tex Arcana
06-18-2006, 12:36 PM
what they said, get the clunk washers. ONly $40, and dead easy to install. Chances are, one of us will take pity on you and help you out. :tu:

my2002lightning
06-28-2006, 12:05 AM
I've got the clunk-washer install with the Hotchkis coils and it snap/crackle/pops all the time - before, it didn't at all. We put it in as a preventative measure.:rolleyes:

I've heard that other's with the clunk-washer fix still have the clunk.:confused:

It still tracks down the interstate straight at 70+ no problem, etc.

Ronald

Tex Arcana
06-28-2006, 12:14 AM
I've got the clunk-washer install with the Hotchkis coils and it snap/crackle/pops all the time - before, it didn't at all. We put it in as a preventative measure.:rolleyes:

I've heard that other's with the clunk-washer fix still have the clunk.:confused:

It still tracks down the interstate straight at 70+ no problem, etc.

Ronald
Ronald, I *TOLD* you that might be your urethane bushings creaking, especially if they didn't get lubed before going in. :nono: You really should pay better attention to your elders. :tongue:

QDRHRSE
06-30-2006, 12:13 PM
.....my truck clunked really bad and we tightened up the cab bolts and it went away. I think a lot the clunking may come from the cab moving around.....that's why some guys install the washers and still get noise. Just my .02. I've never heard anyone else mention this.

Tex Arcana
06-30-2006, 04:51 PM
.....my truck clunked really bad and we tightened up the cab bolts and it went away. I think a lot the clunking may come from the cab moving around.....that's why some guys install the washers and still get noise. Just my .02. I've never heard anyone else mention this.
yanno, I think you might've hit this one on the head. I seem to remember Jason saying something about having a pop, and finding one of his cab bolts and rubber isolators messed up.

dboat
06-30-2006, 08:55 PM

how many are there and just exactly where are they located? might just have to check them out.

QDRHRSE
07-01-2006, 08:52 AM
I think that there are 6. You can see where they are by looking under the truck. You access them by lifting the carpet...you should be able get to them with out removing the seats. After we put my new motor in I had a horrible clunking. I knew that it couldn't be the suspension because it didn't clunk before....I figured it out by process of elimination.

dboat
07-01-2006, 05:11 PM
:tu: :tu:
I think that there are 6. You can see where they are by looking under the truck. You access them by lifting the carpet...you should be able get to them with out removing the seats. After we put my new motor in I had a horrible clunking. I knew that it couldn't be the suspension because it didn't clunk before....I figured it out by process of elimination.