PDA

View Full Version : I Got my Project Car, Help

02SVTKID
06-17-2006, 08:33 PM
Aight well i had posted a while ago about me demmoding the L and having a project car. I got it this past week it is an 1979 comaro with a 350 small block. The car has long tube headers,cam,and a 3400 stall converter. If anyone has any knowhow or places where i can get the engine bore and the inside of the car cleaned out i have pretty much decided on goin to go with summit racing and jegs for parts, but if anyone has other ideas or just things in general about chevy info oooo and where i can get a roll cage i would apperciate it. I have pics but I am unable to host them so if someone would PM me their email and ill send them to them if they had time to post up. Thanks and my L is still the best thing that I ever got, and im still a ford man.:tu:

PoorSvtman
06-18-2006, 12:42 PM
send the pics to me... sidriver2k@yahoo.com

Bring the new ride by my house... and we can discuss things

Tex Arcana
06-18-2006, 12:56 PM
send the pics to me... sidriver2k@yahoo.com

Bring the new ride by my house... and we can discuss things

Look, just don't tell him about the gasoline and matches 'til AFTER he gets there... oh, wait... :eek2:

02SVTKID
06-19-2006, 12:01 AM
Hey tex you knockin on chevys man, cause if so old schools are all good american muscle is american muscle. Haha

Cammin4V
06-19-2006, 01:28 AM
ide take care of cleaning up the inside by yourself...save a lot of money. there is a guy on dfwstangs that does really good welding for a hell of a price out of his garage. JamesB is his name on there.

RUNVS
06-19-2006, 08:17 AM
Hey tex you knockin on chevys man, cause if so old schools are all good american muscle is american muscle. Haha

While I also have a special place in my heart for American muscle cars and can appreciate their place in performance history, 1979 Camaros aren't exactly in the same class as Boss 429 Mustangs, 427 Galaxies, LS-6 Chevelles, 440 Roadrunners, 390 AMXs, or L-88 powered Corvetttes. Then again, they aren't nearly as expensive, either.

That said, even the best muscle cars of the late 60s and early 70s can't compete with today's performance machines. There's nothing quite like having a 12-13 second daily driver that has all the creature comforts that were only found on luxury vehicles 40 years ago.

Good luck with your project! :beer:

Tex Arcana
06-19-2006, 11:04 AM
289 Mustangs >> *. :tongue:

dboat
06-19-2006, 12:03 PM
While I also have a special place in my heart for American muscle cars and can appreciate their place in performance history, 1979 Camaros aren't exactly in the same class as Boss 429 Mustangs, 427 Galaxies, LS-6 Chevelles, 440 Roadrunners, 390 AMXs, or L-88 powered Corvetttes. Then again, they aren't nearly as expensive, either.

That said, even the best muscle cars of the late 60s and early 70s can't compete with today's performance machines. There's nothing quite like having a 12-13 second daily driver that has all the creature comforts that were only found on luxury vehicles 40 years ago.

Good luck with your project! :beer:

+1

some people dont realize what a wonderful age of muscle machines we have now..heck, its amazing what we have now that would beat some of the old school muscle..
Dana

QDRHRSE
06-19-2006, 01:00 PM
I agree with Dana. Radial to Radial there is nothing out of the 60's or 70's that can keep up with today's modern muscle. I started out with classic Mustangs and I love old cars but technology has reached a point where a stock 13 second factory ride is nothing special. The fastest of the fast muscle cars couldn't muster much better than a mid to high 13 in true stock trim. I think we are in yet another golden age for sports cars...we just don't know it yet. What is amazing is that insurance and gas prices haven't derailed the train yet like in the 70's and 80's.

PoorSvtman
06-19-2006, 02:28 PM
heres the pics of the car i have officialy called "Project Turd bucket" :D All your missing david is a mullet hair cut

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/ShowLetter.jpg
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/david1.jpg
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/david2.jpg
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/david3.jpg

PoorSvtman
06-19-2006, 02:31 PM
also david.. before you just jump into this car and buying parts.. Research your arse off.. if not your going to have a car with alot of shiny new parts and it will be slow and piss you off... Get on the chevy forums and search and read till you cant read anymore...

mustgofaster
06-19-2006, 02:34 PM
+1 on JamesB for welding in a good rollbar. He did some excellent work on my frame about 1-1/2 years ago.