PDA

View Full Version : tuning help in aubrey,tx

sandpiperx
06-19-2006, 04:39 PM
I live in the Aubrey area and I am looking for a decent tuner and dyno work for my 2001 Gen2L with a dialblo sport programmer. Any info would be great and havew a great day. mp.

WA 2 FST
06-19-2006, 04:59 PM
The closest to Aubrey would be down in Lewsiville... HPP. I know they do lots of late-model Cobras, not sure about Lightnings.

I trust Terry down in Duncanville, but I know that's a long way for you. That being said, I'm in Allen which is a long way from D-ville, too.

Tex Arcana
06-19-2006, 05:15 PM
The closest to Aubrey would be down in Lewsiville... HPP. I know they do lots of late-model Cobras, not sure about Lightnings.

I trust Terry down in Duncanville, but I know that's a long way for you. That being said, I'm in Allen which is a long way from D-ville, too.

What he said. See if Terry will help you, he's the best around here.

dboat
06-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Its worth the drive to D'ville for Terry.. heck, I drove from Erie to have him work on my truck..

Dana

PoorSvtman
06-19-2006, 06:01 PM
terry dosent do diablo tho

dboat
06-19-2006, 06:02 PM
terry dosent do diablo tho

true dat.. sorry, my bad..

sandpiperx
06-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Thanx for the info good people. I just rec. the diablo at a can not beat this price deal from a friend in Florida. So I will give it a shot. If no good I would like to switch up to the SCT X. time will tell. life is always good in a L. MP.

PoorSvtman
06-19-2006, 07:26 PM
sell the diablo on nloc.net and buy either the new xcal or the older version of the sct handheld like i just did... will probly come out even if you go with a older sct handheld tuner

sandpiperx
06-19-2006, 09:22 PM
That might be a plan I must give it a week or so. The lovely Mrs.P has me back in lightning budget mode Again. I still also want to do a little more research on that programmer. I tend to be a info junkie on new mods for the truck. but thanks for the input. mp.

PoorSvtman
06-19-2006, 09:25 PM
well i see most people going with a guy named james.. at RWTD (running with the devil) http://www.runninwiththedevil.com/ hes not local but alot have gotten tunes from him and they were happy...

rickgig
06-20-2006, 08:49 AM
I've got the Diablo too as a gift from my son. The place he bought from provides custom tunes as part of the deal so you might check with the vendor you bought it from.

But... eventually you will need dyno pulls for the A/F ratio and it would be best to have someone who know the unit and has a dyno.

I've heard of the HPP shop in Lewisville and have communicated with them via email and they tell me they can do the Lightning. Don't know of anyone that has used them and figured I'd ask them for a reference or two when I get to that point.

sandpiperx
06-20-2006, 10:45 AM
Rickgig, I have spoken to a guy named Jamie at hpp in lewisville and he said he was the tuner man. I asked some pointed questions and he seemed to hit on all cylinders so to speak. He was informed and that helps me with a little piece of mind so I if can get a little time off in the next week or 2 I will go and see if the shop is up to snuff and will report back on the mission. have a great day I will. mp.

rickgig
06-20-2006, 04:02 PM
Rickgig, I have spoken to a guy named Jamie hpp in lewisville and he said he was the tuner man. I asked some pointed questions and he seemed to hit on all cylinders so to speak. He was informed and that helps me with a little piece of mind so I if can get a little time off in the next week or 2 I will go and see if the shop is up to snuff and will report back on the mission. have a great day I will. mp.

Do keep us (me) posted since I will need to have my A/F checked eventually.

sandpiperx
06-20-2006, 04:20 PM
I am on it and will keep you and all else updated. Life is good hope yours is toooooooo. mp.:tu:

Avalanche
06-20-2006, 05:46 PM
When you go up there and talk to Jamie he is thier master tuner. Take a look at Mannys mustang. You will droll all over it. Manny is the owner of HPP.

Tex Arcana
06-21-2006, 12:04 PM
Steven Dean over at SVTTexas just got his Terminator Cobra back from them, and he's happy as a pig in slop. Long story short, he wanted to turn it into a twin-turbo monster, sent it to Oklahoma to a guy there, who bascially screwed up the build, cooked the motor, and skipped town. Since HPP had just changed hands, and a couple people over there said MAnny was the man, he took it to them, and about 3-4 months later it's a running car again, and done RIGHT. AFAIK, of course. :rolleyes: