PDA

View Full Version : Amp install ?

T Hogg
06-23-2006, 07:49 PM
What color is the wire coming out of the radio you splice into for the amp on/off?

Thanks

QDRHRSE
06-23-2006, 08:17 PM
I think it should be blue with a white stripe....or just blue. One of the two.

mustgofaster
06-24-2006, 10:18 AM
I think that it was blue on mine

tiffo60
06-24-2006, 04:11 PM
blue, should be labeled remote wire

T Hogg
06-25-2006, 09:08 PM
I think it should be blue with a white stripe....or just blue. One of the two.

Thanks, it was the blue w/ a white stripe. Now, I need to know where is the best place to run a hot wire for the amps through the fire wall? Do I need to drill a hole into the fire wall?

tiffo60
06-26-2006, 12:31 AM
Thanks, it was the blue w/ a white stripe. Now, I need to know where is the best place to run a hot wire for the amps through the fire wall? Do I need to drill a hole into the fire wall?

should be able to find a rubber boot of some sort to push it through

tliss
06-26-2006, 06:02 AM

There is a rubber grommet under the dash on the driver's side. It's where most run their tube for the boost guage through. You can run the cable through that one, and I think there is one in the same location on the passenger side. Those twoplaces would be best. Just punch a hole in the grommet and run the cable...no drilling required!

Tom

T Hogg
06-27-2006, 03:12 PM
There is a rubber grommet under the dash on the driver's side. It's where most run their tube for the boost guage through. You can run the cable through that one, and I think there is one in the same location on the passenger side. Those twoplaces would be best. Just punch a hole in the grommet and run the cable...no drilling required!

Tom

Thanks you da man.