PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Help?

04SVTRACING
06-24-2006, 04:29 PM
Which exhaust system does everyone recommend? I have Bassani Cat-back system rite now. I want to replace it because I am wanting to put long tube or shorty headers on my L. I have been looking at the JDM Silver Bullet Dual Muffler Cat back system with the Long Tube JDM/ Kooks Headers, or keep my cat- back system and add the Bassani headers. Give me some advise? I want the system that will give the most power of course.

BC Lightning
06-24-2006, 04:45 PM
Adam has kooks long tubes, high flow cats and bassani muffler and it sounds mean

Mark #2
06-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Which exhaust system does everyone recommend? I have Bassani Cat-back system rite now. I want to replace it because I am wanting to put long tube or shorty headers on my L. I have been looking at the JDM Silver Bullet Dual Muffler Cat back system with the Long Tube JDM/ Kooks Headers, or keep my cat- back system and add the Bassani headers. Give me some advise? I want the system that will give the most power of course.
I have the JDM long tubes, high flow cats and the dual silver bullets...it is LOUD, added Bassani baffles and it is barely livable.
I would stay with your Bassani cat back and and their headers.

Silver_2000
06-24-2006, 08:47 PM
I have the same exhaust as Mark described but a single dul in dual out magnaflow muffler and its throaty but not as bad as Marks

Had it on my 200 truck and put he same system on this one - I Love it .. Nice rumble when you start it but I can talk on the cell when on the highway

FRDRCING
06-25-2006, 10:41 AM
I was running kooks long tubes and magnapacks. It's LOUD, Stay with bassani and go with set of kooks. BC is right, adams truck sounds Mean

PoorSvtman
06-25-2006, 03:38 PM
if you ditch the bassani ill buy the mufflers off you if they are priced decently

04SVTRACING
06-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Thanks for all the advise. I think I will stick with the bassani mufflers, and get a set of the kooks long tube headers. I have to wait alittle bit to get the headers though, because of my extended warranty. I got all my problems fixed so far. I would hate for something to happen again and then my warranty would be voided.

BC Lightning
06-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Thanks for all the advise. I think I will stick with the bassani mufflers, and get a set of the kooks long tube headers. I have to wait alittle bit to get the headers though, because of my extended warranty. I got all my problems fixed so far. I would hate for something to happen again and then my warranty would be voided.

My buddy works at a SVT certified dealership, he said that if they wanted to an air filter can void the warranty, everything except a blown motor or tranny and they will usually fix under warranty

I still am under my warranty, and have pretty much every bolt on you can buy, just put the headers on

04SVTRACING
06-26-2006, 09:18 PM
Well I just got my L out of the shop last week, for the tranny, and Blowin Valve cover gasket. They told me that I might also have a blowin head gasket, and if I do I will need to take off my pulley and cold air. That way the warranty company wont void my warranty. I would rather play it safe until then. That way if it does break down I wont have to keep takin parts on and off.