PDA

View Full Version : something different

PoorSvtman
06-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Ok since i dont want to run the basic magnaflow mufflers that ALOT/most with a L run or the bassani since ived had that already.. Right now i have the longtubes, no cats, x pipe and dynomax bullets.. The bullets sounded good with the shorty headers but if you have ever seen a bullet there is pretty much no muffler to it. You can roll a baseball through them

Im looking for some new mufflers for my new built motor, cams, long tubes etc.. what you all think.

what ive been eyeballing
hooker areo chamber mufflers
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...tegoryId=13961

dyno max- same as magnaflow basicly but different lol
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...tegoryId=13967

Shiner1
06-28-2006, 07:46 AM
I had Flowmaster race mufflers on my L. They are very small and compact, about 10" x 8" and tucked up real well. I don't think there are a lot of guys that like the way the flows sound on L's but I did. These were pretty loud. Prolly not good if you do alot of highway driving, but I didn't.

Beaudee
06-28-2006, 08:01 AM
http://www.a-1performance.com/magnaflow/Systems/fordlightning.cfm Add 4" X 24" chrome stainless tips and she sounds great.I get many many compliments on the sound of my truck.I tried several catback systems and none out-performed this one.Has internal X-pipe.I have the kooks long tubes,mag. high flows,mag cat back as in the link with 4 inch tips which fills the space on the side perfect.Another link with dyno results http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=mainall&id=70

PoorSvtman
06-28-2006, 04:36 PM
i dont want magnaflow or bassani..... guess you didnt read the first line of my post. Just about every lightning has magnaflow.. it dose sound good but i dont want to sound like everyone else....

Avalanche
06-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Mike I run the Spintech prostreets on mine. If you ask Terry it is to loud but I say if it is to loud you are to old.

Avalanche
06-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Here are a couple of links for you to check out.

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/spintech/spintechindex.asp

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/spintech/sounds/3spintech.wmv

Here is a copy of their schematics.

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/spintech/styleimages/index.htm

Mark #2
06-28-2006, 06:12 PM
I've thought about running these, used to run them on the 911, but had to switch back to a stockish muffler for the class that I ran in, they changed the rules over time.

http://www.supertrapp.com/product_sections/cat.asp?CatID=32

QDRHRSE
06-30-2006, 12:24 PM
I must be too old. My bassani off road mids are a little much. I have JBA headers and a Bassani catback and with no cats and 4.10's it's deafining. If I drove my truck on a regular basis there would be no way that i could put up with it.

PoorSvtman
06-30-2006, 03:43 PM
nothing is louder than what i have now lol.. long tubes, no cats, x pipe and dynomax race bullets... the bullets are basicly just a straight pipe so i realy straight pipe...

i looked at the spintechs but just didnt do it for me.. im gunna try the hookers just for the heck of it

Tex Arcana
06-30-2006, 04:47 PM
Glass packs FTW. :d

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/parts/tweekerparts/2.5inch-resonator.jpg

BC Lightning
06-30-2006, 06:55 PM
nothing is louder than what i have now lol.. long tubes, no cats, x pipe and dynomax race bullets... the bullets are basicly just a straight pipe so i realy straight pipe...

i looked at the spintechs but just didnt do it for me.. im gunna try the hookers just for the heck of it

i beg to differ, I've been running open headers for close to 2 months now :D even if I have the radio cranked all the way up, in full throttle you cant hear it

PoorSvtman
07-01-2006, 10:54 AM
i beg to differ, I've been running open headers for close to 2 months now :D even if I have the radio cranked all the way up, in full throttle you cant hear it

open headers is a different story...i ran that way for a few days and it got anoying real quick... im talking exhaust exiting the tail pipe...

QDRHRSE
07-01-2006, 11:39 AM
How about the Borla race mufflers?

dboat
07-01-2006, 05:13 PM
I have Terry's mild setup and its perfect for me.. the neighbors know the sound but it doesnt drone and its not too loud... its really perfect..
Dana

PoorSvtman
07-01-2006, 06:32 PM
I have Terry's mild setup and its perfect for me.. the neighbors know the sound but it doesnt drone and its not too loud... its really perfect..
Dana

Yea the magnaflows sound good but EVERYONE has them...

I havent heard a borla system on any car that ive liked.... but i got the hooker aero chamber mufflers on the way.. Look pretty trick and its something i have yet to see on a L .
http://www.holley.com/types/Aero_Chamber.asp

FRDRCING
07-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Hey mike I need to come by and hear it before you put those mufflers on.

dboat
07-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Yea the magnaflows sound good but EVERYONE has them...

thats why everyone has them... because they sound good.. just go with the flow on this one..

BC Lightning
07-01-2006, 09:04 PM
I guess I'm different on this one, I think the Magnaflow mufflers don't sound good, regardless of the setup, I have had the mild setup, wild setup, and silver bullet mufflers, before long tubes and hi flow cats, after and with out cats. I just don't like their sound

Tex Arcana
07-01-2006, 10:16 PM
Hey mike I need to come by and hear it before you put those mufflers on.
Yanno, that's not a bad idea. When ya gonna do it, Mike? I think I'd love to record the sounds. :d

Tex Arcana
07-01-2006, 10:18 PM
I guess I'm different on this one, I think the Magnaflow mufflers don't sound good, regardless of the setup, I have had the mild setup, wild setup, and silver bullet mufflers, before long tubes and hi flow cats, after and with out cats. I just don't like their sound
Well, it *is* well known that you live on different planet... :d :tongue:

thats why everyone has them... because they sound good.. just go with the flow on this one..

Actually, I think Bassani's sound like pure sex :drool:. Well, on Cobras, they do--haven't heard a Lightning with Bassani yet (afaik). :(

Mark #2
07-01-2006, 10:26 PM

IMHO, put the Bassani inserts in the tail pipes, much better sound to me and the SO.

PoorSvtman
07-02-2006, 01:35 AM
IMHO, put the Bassani inserts in the tail pipes, much better sound to me and the SO.

If the sound of these hooker mufflers are still to loud im going to put in the bassani inserts since im still running the bassani tips from the cat back i had when i got the truck... Probly put the race bullets in where the cats were to help with the tone..

sorry dana not going with magnaflow.. people dont run it cause it sounds good. Everyone runs them because its what the top tuners offer/use.. Its funny how almost everyone on all the many boards wont stray away from the different side of things... Gotta follow the leader basicly....

Tyson hit me up when ever you want to check it out... I have off work till tuesday.... Sunday im just going to do some stuff around the house and figure out why my focal sub in the door stoped working.....

Beaudee
07-02-2006, 06:00 AM
i dont want magnaflow or bassani..... guess you didnt read the first line of my post. Just about every lightning has magnaflow.. it dose sound good but i dont want to sound like everyone else....
The reason i posted was i dont know anyone else using this style magnaflow that i have # 15714.It is expensive but the performance is worth it.Any thing other than a good brand/model is just a cheap glass pack.

PoorSvtman
07-02-2006, 01:34 PM
The reason i posted was i dont know anyone else using this style magnaflow that i have # 15714.It is expensive but the performance is worth it.Any thing other than a good brand/model is just a cheap glass pack.

so you have a expensive glass pack then.....

Tex Arcana
07-02-2006, 02:41 PM
If the sound of these hooker mufflers are still to loud im going to put in the bassani inserts since im still running the bassani tips from the cat back i had when i got the truck... Probly put the race bullets in where the cats were to help with the tone..

sorry dana not going with magnaflow.. people dont run it cause it sounds good. Everyone runs them because its what the top tuners offer/use.. Its funny how almost everyone on all the many boards wont stray away from the different side of things... Gotta follow the leader basicly....

Tyson hit me up when ever you want to check it out... I have off work till tuesday.... Sunday im just going to do some stuff around the house and figure out why my focal sub in the door stoped working.....
I didn't have much of a choice, really... but then again, for the longest time, I thought I was running a full Corsa setup. :rolleyes:

PoorSvtman
07-02-2006, 09:50 PM
Well tyson came over today and we took some video clips.. from start up, to a few highway blasts... Hes going to edit it and he or i will post it...

Then ill probly get with him when i get my new mufflers installed this week...

RSVT
07-02-2006, 10:29 PM
whats better taking the cats off the stock midpipe or just buying the catless midpipes whats the difference? you see i have bassani w/x-pipe and i like it but want to sound mean and louder

PoorSvtman
07-02-2006, 11:26 PM
Taking the cats off will make it realy loud and a hassle to pass inspection.. The bassani mid pipe with cats is a good piece.. I had the full bassani system on my truck when i first got it.. had the headers to the cat back.. I loved the way it sounded.

But you can probly get terry at performance research to weld you up a mid section with high flow cats and it will change the note of the exhaust. The price in the long run will probly me the same for either the bassani or the custom made mid pipes...