PDA

View Full Version : Any physical therapists on the board?

Cammin4V
07-07-2006, 03:01 PM
I plan on apply to PT school for next year and had a few questions about school, and the job life.

dboat
07-07-2006, 08:51 PM
I plan on apply to PT school for next year and had a few questions about school, and the job life.

my niece is wanting to go to PT school.. interested to see what posts up..

Dana

Cammin4V
07-07-2006, 09:26 PM
my niece is wanting to go to PT school.. interested to see what posts up..

Dana
From everything i have heard/experienced it is a very fun job. You get to help people, and interact with them at the same time. It seems very relaxed, and has the capability of turning some serious cash if you get out on your own. :nana2

Mark #2
07-07-2006, 10:54 PM
From everything i have heard/experienced it is a very fun job. You get to help people, and interact with them at the same time. It seems very relaxed, and has the capability of turning some serious cash if you get out on your own. :nana2
My sister is a PT and the SO is a nurse.
It is a good job, pretty much like a nursing degree, get to help people but don't get paid that much.IMHO.

My sister had her own practice, but went back to a hospital related job for the volume of work and to get out of the insurance claims business.

There is a shortage, you will always find work just like nurses with the aging population.
Mark

Mika
07-08-2006, 08:16 AM
My wife is an OT(occupational therapist), and she says that there's always a need for both PT' sand OT's.

You gotta go to school for 6 years now, where it used to be 4. Good money, good benefits. Some of the red tape BS is getting worse(as far as OT's go, PT's are somewhat similar).

Mika