PDA

View Full Version : New Wheels...

Logan
07-08-2006, 01:54 PM
I was planning on waiting until after the woodward dream cruise in Detroit to consolidate my wheels down to a single sensible daily driver for myself that would accomodate the kids nicely, but then Chrysler went off half cocked and let loose on their Employee Pricing + 0% deal... Which actually includes the SRT vehicles as well...

Uh oh... Perfect recipe for a Logan event... :)

The Mustang GT went away in favor of a....

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/IMG_1572.jpg

...6.1L 425hp Hemi... Nav System... Rump Roasters... Big ol Brembo's... All wheel drive... Spiffy seats... DVD system for the kids... Sunroof... 20"x10.5" factory run flats... and fairly sexy styling = Happy Logan... :)

I'll be driving the Harley up to Woodward next month to deliver to it's new/old owner, but in the mean time...

Decisions...Decisions... :)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/IMG_1567.jpg

I'm even letting the Harley keep it's garage spot for the next month...

My only problem is, the minivan drivin wife, who's never seen a vehicle as more than an A to B appliance actually piped up and says to me today... "Hmmm, I really like this one...Can I drive it?"... Uh no, Get your own. :D

gbgary
07-08-2006, 03:32 PM
cool. hey that kid-cycle is a little too close to the HD.

WA 2 FST
07-08-2006, 04:06 PM
Great looking SRT Jeep, Logan!! I went to a local dealer up here in Frisco and saw a red one. Man, what a good looking vehicle. :)

It's obvious to me that our wives are of the same mind. She wants space, and to sit up higher than most other vehicles. She likes my L, which she drives occassionally. She couldn't care less about raw performance though, and doesn't understand my penchant for speed.

I have sworn off a mini-van of any type, but we have an Expedition which is nothing more than a glorified station wagon, if I'm being really honest. ;) Would love to get rid of it for something like that Jeep!

Best of luck with the new vehicle. I'm sure its a blast to drive.

BTW, I must've missed it somewhere about Chrysler doing EP + 0%. Is that what all those new commercials are about?

Mark #2
07-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Sweet, all time 4wd?, if so that is why the gas mileage is so bad, lots of moving parts.

Logan
07-08-2006, 05:05 PM
Yeah...AWD... 95% rear, 5% front normally, then electronically adjusts as needed...Which is quite a bit. :)

Wes, All through July, Chrysler is doing employee price + 0% on everything, including SRT8, excluding SRT10's, and no 0% on SRT's... But regardless, the EP saved me 6k..

WA 2 FST
07-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Yeah...AWD... 95% rear, 5% front normally, then electronically adjusts as needed...Which is quite a bit. :)

Wes, All through July, Chrysler is doing employee price + 0% on everything, including SRT8, excluding SRT10's, and no 0% on SRT's... But regardless, the EP saved me 6k..

Wow... $6k?!!! I didn't realize dealer invoice was that much lower than MSRP on those.

May have to look into a 300C SRT8 and punt the Expy.

Logan
07-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Dallas Dodge on 635 & Jupiter is where I bought mine. They have 4-6 SRT 300C's in stock... Three black that I counted, a couple metallic grey ones... The metal flake black one's are just straight pimpin'...

TXBLU
07-08-2006, 09:52 PM
Nice looking SUV! I am currently in the market for one myself. Black is also the color of choice for me. Because of the dog and the potential growth of the family, I need something bigger on the inside than the L. I hate to part with it, but an SUV just makes better sense, yet I need something that boggies down the road and can pull a decent sized (3000+ Lbs.) trailer. I drove an Inferno Red SRT8 today and liked it well enough, although I had hoped it was a little stronger in the go-power department. I guess I could always mod it enough to go like I'm used to.

By the way, it's rated at 420HP/420TQ. Not 425.

Logan
07-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Really? 5.x 0-60 and 13.x in the quarter, faster than an stock L.... One thing I did notice is that you definately have to turn off the stability system, that thing interfere's ALOT with the go power....

tliss
07-09-2006, 10:42 AM
Logan,

Very cool! What did you end up paying for it out the door? The one I was looking at up here a few months back was $46K. There was no way in hell I was dumping $46K into a Jeep....

Tom

Logan
07-09-2006, 06:05 PM
$40.3k + TTL, fully loaded. MSRP was $46k.