PDA

View Full Version : what mods?

adam9604
11-01-2002, 12:35 AM
I just bought a 2001 black lightning. I love it. I was wondering what mods i should get first. I have about 2000 to spend on the motor. Also, where is the best place to buy the 20in svt rims? I want to lower it 3 in the front and 4 in the back. What should i use to do this? Thanks for the help...

L8 APEX
11-01-2002, 01:09 AM
A 2/4 is about all you can go with springs, any more will kill the ride. Look at some of my specials in my forum for mods. For 2K motor I would go with flip chip, pulley, TB, filter kit, exhaust that is under 2K anyway.

andy_cain
11-01-2002, 01:31 AM
Add Plugs to the list if your going with chip and pulley.
Get at least a 4# lower...2#'s last about 1 mos before people upgrade and sell the 2# and move to 4 or 6 (or in some cases satelite dishes (10#)...[did that hurt JD?]
Good idea to do them all at the same time too.
Terry is the man to see....you will not believe the before and after difference...after mine was finished two words was all I could say, " Holly %$#^"

Might start budgeting for mods on a permenent basis... Just seems to end up that way.
Starts with $2K, the gets better from there...first $2K is the best bang for the buck by far...shave a full second in 1/4 times with the forementioned combination of mods...also, speaking from experience, get at least a flip chip rather than a single prgram...you will thank yourself later down the road.
:beer:
Congrats on your purchase...:tu: Black one I hope:banana: