PDA

View Full Version : The plumbing industry should be shot

Mark #2
07-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Working on other bathroom now, everything requires a special tool.
29/32" shower valve wrench, don't make it 7/8" or 15/16":confused:
Special square valve seat tool, bigger than a 1/4" drive, smaller than 3/8":mad:
13/16" 6" deep socket, 6" deep sockets are common.:hammer:
And of course no one has my one of 16 million valves

How about a standard or two?
Every brand has there own, if you can even figure out what brand it is, no markings or part numbers on the parts.:mad:
I hate plumbing industry.

Off the soap box.:flaming:

Lyfisin
07-16-2006, 08:02 PM
I just found out this weekend, the pipe from the wall all the way up to my toilet is effectively one piece. (i.e. soldered).

And of course, it has a leak. :mad:

I feel your pain.

Mark #2
07-16-2006, 08:40 PM
I just found out this weekend, the pipe from the wall all the way up to my toilet is effectively one piece. (i.e. soldered).

And of course, it has a leak. :mad:

I feel your pain.
Better brush up on you soldering skills,;)
Mine are very well honed at this point.
Leave the valve open during soldering.

Or bend over for the "pros", I have not had any luck with this "profession", that is why I'm acquiring all the tools and "skills".

Need more young Mexicans trained in this industry, old fat ass butt crack white guys cannot perform these jobs to any level of expectations in my experience.

PoorSvtman
07-16-2006, 10:52 PM
Need more young Mexicans trained in this industry, old fat ass butt crack white guys cannot perform these jobs to any level of expectations in my experience.

just get a a/c man to do it... When mom and i redid our showers we had our family friend that installed our a/c put in our new faucets to :evil yes he was white and crack hanging out

Tex Arcana
07-19-2006, 01:24 PM
I feel all y'alls pain... when I replaced the sink faucets here, I had one I had to sawzall off the sink, becasue it was well and truly seized. :hammer: