PDA

View Full Version : Chevy's $23K SS Regular cab

Logan
11-01-2002, 07:55 PM
Available in January 2003.

Chevy Silverado SS Regular cab, with a 6.0L (208 duration, 544 lift), connected to the Camaro 6speed with a steeda shifter. Out back a Trailblazer 5 link, 3.73 equipped rear-end. K&N in the modified airbox with custom headers and dual cats.

Wheels are 20x 8.5" 5 Spokes with Eagle LS 295/55/VR20's...

Interior is spartan with cloth seats and a rubber floor.

This is a real deal, orderable through your local chevy dealer for $23000. Got this out of the December 2002 Hot Rod magazine...

Should be quite the thumper considering the price...

Ivanhoe_Farms
11-01-2002, 08:56 PM
If it is a Mouse Motor, it can quickly become competition for the lightning at much less money:eek2:

rickgig
11-02-2002, 09:29 AM
Looks like SVT is gonna have to step up the program...

Anyone remember this survey???

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/1064-1396-23689.jpg

Logan
11-02-2002, 10:20 AM
Chevy is doing it quite creatively, using 98% existing parts. The only non-standard part is the engine tweaking. Everything else is off-the-parts-shelf.

devildog92
11-03-2002, 12:38 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Logan
[B]Available in January 2003.

Chevy Silverado SS Regular cab, with a 6.0L (208 duration, 544 lift), connected to the Camaro 6speed with a steeda shifter. Out back a Trailblazer 5 link, 3.73 equipped rear-end. K&N in the modified airbox with custom headers and dual cats.

Wheels are 20x 8.5" 5 Spokes with Eagle LS 295/55/VR20's...

Interior is spartan with cloth seats and a rubber floor.

This is a real deal, orderable through your local chevy dealer for $23000. Got this out of the December 2002 Hot Rod magazine...

Should be quite the thumper considering the price...

ANY HP#'s Logan? I know the Cadi 6.0 makes 345, so I assume this would be more?

Logan
11-03-2002, 04:46 PM
They recammed the motor, but the article doesn't specify a hp number. I'd bet on somewhere around 360hp...

Which for the price, it's a pretty hot truck and the styling doesn't look all that bad either...

That's not to say I'll be buying one, but it's a neat truck.

devildog92
11-04-2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Logan
They recammed the motor, but the article doesn't specify a hp number. I'd bet on somewhere around 360hp...

Which for the price, it's a pretty hot truck and the styling doesn't look all that bad either...

That's not to say I'll be buying one, but it's a neat truck.

I told my wife about it and she is jacked. I wonder if we can get rid of her '02 rustang to get into a suped' chevy like that. She wants my L, so maybe that truck would be a good pacifier :p

Crawford
11-04-2002, 07:22 PM
There is some information about it on chevy's website. Its extended cab only and comes with all wheel drive. I doubt it will be any competition for the lightning. The only way I can see it being competitive is with an additional power adder (supercharger) or some heavy engine mods and this of course is assuming the AWD drivetrain can handle the additional power.

If they made this truck in a standard cab configuration it would be potentially more competitive vs. the Lightning. As of now I am not worried. I forsee a race with an unsuspecting Silverado SS owner ending with a look of shock on yet another Chevy owners face. :burnout:

Logan
11-04-2002, 07:58 PM
This is a different version...

Ah hell, just read the article from dec 2002 Hot Rod... here's a pic of it... :D

blueoval01
11-04-2002, 08:08 PM
I've always understood that SVT went to the Ford "Bin" boxes for their parts as well.
Am I wrong to believe that all L parts inter-change with another Ford product?

Crawford
11-04-2002, 09:04 PM
Oh-Oh! :eek:

Wonder if they are going to make that thing AWD? The info on the chevy's website states available in extended cab only. That looks like one of those pre-production trucks that one wishes really made the cut. I guess we will just have to wait and see!

Tony2000
11-05-2002, 12:29 AM
I also read and asked a chevy rep. at the State Fair about it and it will only be offerd as a extended cab only.
They even had one on display with that Avalanche front end
:vomit:
I'm not worried about it. if anything it will only push SVT to built a faster Gen III. Who knows maybe DOHC's and a more stronger super charger :rolleyes: 450 Horses from factory:rolleyes: can you imagin the looks of a chevy guy:crying: HaHaHa

L8 APEX
11-05-2002, 12:50 AM
Going cheapo on the interior is a :nono: Throw some cloth in the damn thing! Hah, see the Wheel to Wheel drop. That is the company that does a lot of factory skunk works R&D. They built the Speedvision C5 we maintain, I also buy my most of my C5 parts from them. It is hard to beat factory backed performance, they work directly with the original engineers and programmers etc.:tu: