PDA

View Full Version : Another 500 pounds

Mark #2
07-22-2006, 09:46 PM
This is the 4th load in the past two days, an air chisel can do a lot of damage on a bathroom very quickly.

It's been a while since I picked up 6000 lbs in two days.
500 lbs x 4 trips x 3:
lift out of the house
lift up into the K5
lift down from the K5
Good work out though.;)
I should be a cripple tomorrow, but there are at least 4 more loads in this bathroom..

If there is a tornado do you think you should go to the shower?;)

dboat
07-23-2006, 05:56 AM
This is just from taking down the walls?

Mark #2
07-23-2006, 02:52 PM
This is just from taking down the walls?
Yes and I have one to go.

Mark #2
07-24-2006, 07:57 PM
May not look like much but another 500+ lbs.
Getting better on the technique, but each panel weighs 50 to 100 lbs.
I must check the density of concrete, this stuff seems way too heavy.
Just the pan and ceiling left(that will be a little tricky)

Sometimes it sucks to be anal, but I have to take time off to watch a contractor, so I am taking vacation and paying lots of money, this way I am not taking vacation and not paying money.

Anything wrong with that logic?

dboat
07-24-2006, 08:32 PM
May not look like much but another 500+ lbs.
Getting better on the technique, but each panel weighs 50 to 100 lbs.
I must check the density of concrete, this stuff seems way too heavy.
Just the pan and ceiling left(that will be a little tricky)

Sometimes it sucks to be anal, but I have to take time off to watch a contractor, so I am taking vacation and paying lots of money, this way I am not taking vacation and not paying money.

Anything wrong with that logic?

:confused: :confused:

Mark #2
07-24-2006, 08:36 PM
:confused: :confused:
Don't understand your post.

dboat
07-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Don't understand your post.

I didnt quite get yours either.. how is it that you normally take PTO and watch but you arent watching this time(because you are doing) (this part I understand) but how are you not taking PTO? (vacation)..
Dana

Mark #2
07-24-2006, 09:23 PM
I didnt quite get yours either.. how is it that you normally take PTO and watch but you arent watching this time(because you are doing) (this part I understand) but how are you not taking PTO? (vacation)..
Dana

Doing after work, and on the weekends.

dboat
07-25-2006, 05:25 AM
Doing after work, and on the weekends.

:tu:

Mark #2
07-28-2006, 10:00 PM
Got my workout in again tonight ~1500 lbs lifted into the K5, sometimes I wish I didn't put a lift on it, and yes it is very dirty.
I'm looking so forward to emptying it out tomorrow morning.

dboat
07-29-2006, 03:21 AM
Got my workout in again tonight ~1500 lbs lifted into the K5, sometimes I wish I didn't put a lift on it, and yes it is very dirty.
I'm looking so forward to emptying it out tomorrow morning.

no way those concrete blocks came out of your bathroom.. right? geesh, how big is this bathroom anyway? :eek2:
Dana

Mark #2
07-29-2006, 05:26 PM
no way those concrete blocks came out of your bathroom.. right? geesh, how big is this bathroom anyway? :eek2:
Dana

Sure they did ~100 of them to make the shower seat. ~3'x6'x8', but of course concrete and tile on all six sides of the box. Getting close to getting the rubber/concrete pan out.

dboat
07-29-2006, 08:46 PM
Sure they did ~100 of them to make the shower seat. ~3'x6'x8', but of course concrete and tile on all six sides of the box. Getting close to getting the rubber/concrete pan out.

:eek: :eek: :eek2:

Mark #2
07-29-2006, 10:21 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek2:
Not really, very typical.

Got eveything out, not too bad, caught it early, the wood is in pretty good shape, minimal termite damage, unlike the other shower that required 30 studs to repair.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to take the drain /seal apart?

Tex Arcana
07-30-2006, 12:05 AM
holy crap, what'd they do, make a fallout shelter into the bathroom?? :eek:

Silver_2000
07-30-2006, 12:21 AM
im assuming you meant 3"x6"x8" and were referring to the blocks

but even so a hundred blocks seems like a lot

dboat
07-30-2006, 04:51 AM
Not really, very typical.

Got eveything out, not too bad, caught it early, the wood is in pretty good shape, minimal termite damage, unlike the other shower that required 30 studs to repair.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to take the drain /seal apart?

Mark,
I have to tell you, it doesnt seem to me that it was typical. Honestly, that seemed like a lot.. I applaud you because that is a job that I would have definitely farmed out and not done myself. :bows
Dana

Mark #2
07-30-2006, 11:41 AM
holy crap, what'd they do, make a fallout shelter into the bathroom?? :eek:

This is the way bathrooms were constructed 20+ years ago. Hang wire mesh on the wall and then concrete/tile over it.
That is partly why it is so costly to de-constuct.

Mark #2
07-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Mark,
I have to tell you, it doesnt seem to me that it was typical. Honestly, that seemed like a lot.. I applaud you because that is a job that I would have definitely farmed out and not done myself. :bows
Dana
I farmed the first one out, figured I'd give it a try and save vacation days and K$. All the bathrooms in my neighborhood are constructed this way, seen my neighbor's jobs too.

Mark #2
08-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Yup another 500 lbs tonight,

Tex Arcana
08-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Yup another 500 lbs tonight,
Holy crap, you've got enough concrete there to build a bunker! :eek2:

BTW, better cover up that copper, they'll have it stolen in a heartbeat if'n you're not careful... :nono:

Silver_2000
08-02-2006, 10:17 PM
Holy crap, you've got enough concrete there to build a bunker! :eek2:

BTW, better cover up that copper, they'll have it stolen in a heartbeat if'n you're not careful... :nono:

Tex - the bathroom is INSIDE - they would have lots of other stuff to steal worth more if they break in to the house...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :nono: :nono:

L8 APEX
08-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Is that a Ryobi drill?

Mark #2
08-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Is that a Ryobi drill?
Yes, why?

Tex Arcana
08-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Tex - the bathroom is INSIDE - they would have lots of other stuff to steal worth more if they break in to the house...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :nono: :nono:

Well, duh it's inside... what with the price of copper (and the impending copper mine strike), I daresay that the copper could end up worth more than what's in the house. :tongue:

fake edit: I heard about the strike from the electrician that's going to wire the extension, he's buying up as much bulk wire as he can get in advance. :eek2: Watch for even more copper thefts in the future.