PDA

View Full Version : Blinder M-40

Beaudee
07-27-2006, 04:32 PM
I would like to know if anyone here has this installed on there L..Also has it worked?Are they illegal?What happens if your caught with it?If it does work,when you get hit by lazer do you slow down and then turn it off?I am seriously debating having this installed.Any comments would be appreciated.

L8 APEX
07-27-2006, 04:47 PM
We have installed several and they work on the current technology. They may release new stuff but you never know. I have blown by cops over 120 and they just ignore it and move on to the next speeder. I slow down but never turned it off. It is as easy as a light switch to stop LIDAR. Cops don't know and don't care if you are stuffing them.

Beaudee
07-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Terry, do you know any one caught with it, and the penalty for having it.Do you have any in stock?:nana2

Logan
07-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Been running blinders for years, saved me countless times to date. Doesn't matter if you get "caught"... Light is regulated by the FDA, not the FCC, and there are no laws in Texas specifically addressing jamming of light or lidar jammers in particular.

Worst case scenario, IF the PO knows what happened and IF he knows what he's looking for/at, he could potentially get you on interference of sworn duties, but honestly, far too much paper and far too unlikely he'd ever put two and two together anyway.

Easy, it goes off, you slow down and turn it off. Then on the 3rd attempt or so, he'll get a lovely reading of you doing the limit, no cause to stop, despite your descent, he moves on to easier pickings, though you might get a nasty look or a finger shake as you pass by, worst case...

rickgig
07-28-2006, 08:27 AM
There's a M20 and an M40. The M40 says it's more for semi-trucks. What unit is best for our trucks?

L8 APEX
07-28-2006, 08:33 AM
We have both in stock. The manufacturer recommends 3 heads on the front of full size trucks. I have never had a problem with 2 heads and no front plate.

Beaudee
07-28-2006, 02:37 PM
Speaking of front liscense plates,is it still the law to have one on the front or did the law change yet

04SVTRACING
07-28-2006, 03:14 PM
Its still the law to have the front plate. I got stopped for it twice within a one week period.

TXLIGHTNING
07-28-2006, 04:27 PM
They may say something about you not having one, but its rarely enforced. I just keep the front plate under my seat and show it to them if they ask about it. Never got a ticket for not having it on. Next time your on the road look around and see how many people roll around without their front plate. :tu:

TXLIGHTNING
07-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Hey Terry, I never heard from u about a price quote on the work I have for you.

gbgary
07-28-2006, 06:20 PM
They may say something about you not having one, but its rarely enforced.

that's true, but it's one of those tickets they'll give you when they stop you for something else...you know, dog-pile.

microsuck
08-01-2006, 08:43 AM
www.jasonsvideoproductions.com (http://www.jasonsvideoproductions.com)

wesman
08-01-2006, 10:51 AM
www.jasonsvideoproductions.com (http://www.jasonsvideoproductions.com)

lol..that's great Andrew...thanks

--wes

microsuck
08-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Thats my homeboy jason. He lives in garland. This technology is pretty much all he does all day...... I'm in a few of the videos too. Be sure and watch the one about "Run in with Richardson" That will answer ALL your legality questions :). www.jasonsvideoproductions.com/2006videos/runinwithrichardson070306.wmv

rickgig
08-02-2006, 10:41 AM
Has anyone got any pictures of what the unit looks like from the front of the truck?

BC Lightning
08-02-2006, 11:05 AM
99Whitebeast has them in between the grille and bumper in that inch or so of space. My buddy has them installed behind the grille, He has been hit numerous times going 80+ and they have never given him a second look. He used to slow down and turn them off, but now he just leaves them on and keeps cruising. The first time the blinders went off it scared the crap out of me, its loud

rickgig
08-02-2006, 11:16 AM
I just watched the video from the stop in Richardson. The cops were really cool to let the guy go.

I'm thinking if you prevent one ticket then you have just about paid for half the system cost.

Installation doesn't look too tough either.

Beaudee
08-02-2006, 04:53 PM
Thanks Andrew,:rll: I am still chewing on this one.I might just stick to the old style jammer http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/391262/2/istockphoto_391262_brick.jpg :tu:

rickgig
08-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Thanks Andrew,:rll: I am still chewing on this one.I might just stick to the old style jammer http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/391262/2/istockphoto_391262_brick.jpg :tu:

Gotta love it! Sometimes I think that the way my truck drives past 120!

Beaudee
08-05-2006, 11:57 PM
Found this one,any comments? http://www.prt.net/Phantom-4-rmr-c430.htm

microsuck
08-06-2006, 06:30 AM
Youre joking right? Anything from RMR is a scam. Its a box with LEDs on it. They dont do anything.

Beaudee
08-06-2006, 08:09 AM
Youre joking right? Anything from RMR is a scam. Its a box with LEDs on it. They dont do anything. I have a friend who says it works.They pay your ticket,made in the USA.Show me a video of you going 120+ and getting hit with laser or radar.I only saw you doing below the limit and taunting the cops (not very wise).I am still looking but havent decided yet.By the way i would have given the old lady that was watering your truck an enema.You can find pos. and neg. of every jammer,detector out there.Anyone have a good site that reviews em.

L8 APEX
08-06-2006, 08:43 AM
RMR has been on 60 minutes numerous times getting flamed for their scam junk. I have the 2hr Speed Labs Jammer wars tape showing their junk doesn't work. Might as well make your own jammer out of kitchen supplies. Lots of companies have ticket reimbursment but the rules are so nobody uses it. You have to plead guilty and pay the fine and send them proof of that. It also is limited to 15over max usually. If you use deferered they don't pay etc...

Beaudee
08-06-2006, 04:36 PM
RMR has been on 60 minutes numerous times getting flamed for their scam junk. I have the 2hr Speed Labs Jammer wars tape showing their junk doesn't work. Might as well make your own jammer out of kitchen supplies. Lots of companies have ticket reimbursment but the rules are so nobody uses it. You have to plead guilty and pay the fine and send them proof of that. It also is limited to 15over max usually. If you use deferered they don't pay etc...
Seems they are still looking for one that works with a reward.http://www.radarbusters.com/products/jammers/

Beaudee
08-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Youre joking right? Anything from RMR is a scam. Its a box with LEDs on it. They dont do anything.Seems your right Andrew :tu: http://www.radarjammer.com/experts-say/ky3-high.html

L8 APEX
08-06-2006, 05:42 PM
You are beyond help Diddly, the official SpeedLabs vid showed the K40 unit jammed lidar and the M20 jammed to gun every time. The RMR junk didn't jam squat. Enough with you...:rolleyes:

Chris94L
08-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Is there a difference between the m-20 and m-40 other than the number of laser modules?

Beaudee
08-07-2006, 12:50 PM
You are beyond help Diddly, the official SpeedLabs vid showed the K40 unit jammed lidar and the M20 jammed to gun every time. The RMR junk didn't jam squat. Enough with you...:rolleyes:
I was looking @ radar jamming,i know the laser jamming works.:tu:

L8 APEX
08-07-2006, 12:57 PM
I was looking @ radar jamming,i know the laser jamming works.:tu:
I have a Phantom RCDxp K band jammer if you want it. They were 700 new when I bought it. I'll take 400 NIB never used. I ran the old original analog K band box for years with great luck.
http://www.scorpionjammers.com/ScorpionJammer.html

microsuck
08-07-2006, 01:02 PM
The RCD is the only one you can still buy that actually works. But.....

Ahem***illegal***AHEEM** COUGH****FCC*****COUGH

Well, lets just say it dosent have one of those little stickers on the bottom that says "This device is certified by the FCC and does not cause electronic interference" :)

BC Lightning
08-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Just curious if cops use laser/lidar at night?? I thought they worked like a camera and had to have a clear image to get your speed? My buddy swears up and down that he has been shot by laser or lidar a few times at night :rolleyes:

wesman
08-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Just curious if cops use laser/lidar at night?? I thought they worked like a camera and had to have a clear image to get your speed? My buddy swears up and down that he has been shot by laser or lidar a few times at night :rolleyes:

Yes they do shoot at night. Although not as widespread as during the day.

BTW- I could have used a blinder on the truck this morning....got me going 56-35 speeding up through a yellow light :hammer: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

The V1 went off but it was too late. He also wrote me for no front plate and said if I drilled through the bumper and mounted the plate they'd dismiss it....I told him that wasn't happening.

--wes

Chris94L
08-08-2006, 12:37 AM
Would 2 heads from the M20 be enough for the front of a Gen1? its white so that doesn't help much, and I don't run a front plate.

microsuck
08-08-2006, 08:10 AM
if they were mounted properly, you would be safe against Gen 3 guns up till about 400 feet.

my2002lightning
08-14-2006, 01:47 AM
First time I was busted by LIDAR was leaving TMS after on of the more recent Charity laps - at night.

I need to get the Blinder setup. I was haulin' south of Dallas on I-45 yesterday and was fortunate enough to see some dude flashing high-beams at me. I shut her down asap.:tu:

Sure enough - I top the hill and the V1-POP3 goes apey on laser! DPS was workin' the "revenue-stream", evidently.

Luckily, they pulled over some driver way behind me. :bows I thought I was gonna' get popped for sure.

Watch it out there,

Ronald

wesman
08-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Sure enough - I top the hill and the V1-POP3 goes apey on laser! DPS was workin' the "revenue-stream", evidently.

Ronald

Robald,

Don't be silly. They aren't doing that for revenue. It is for the sole purpose of making the roads safer for everyone. :rll: :rll: :vomit: :vomit: :bs

--wes

microsuck
08-14-2006, 06:15 PM
POP3?? :rolleyes: Is this a new.......:ron:

PS, POP3 dosent exist yet. Unless you have a flux capicatator or time continum transfunctioner too :)

L8 APEX
08-14-2006, 06:23 PM
POP or short burst is alive and well I have seen it myself. What I remember was it was for traffic speed sampling only since the pulse was too short to use for a lawful citation. But some cops were writing pop tickets anyway.
http://www.mphindustries.com/products_home/radar_pop.html
MPH recommends that the officer obtain a tracking history of a speed violator by operating the radar in normal transmit mode after determining with POP mode that the vehicle is speeding. This is because most radar case law is based on tracing a vehicle in normal radar operation. The information obtained in POP mode is accurate and reliable, but may not be supported by case law in court.

rickgig
08-15-2006, 09:09 AM

PS, POP3 dosent exist yet. Unless you have a flux capicatator or time continum transfunctioner too :)

POP3 us when you detector sends the warning to your email and your email forwards it to your cell phone and by time all this technology does its thing... you've given the officer your autograph and are heading down the road again.

99WhiteBeast
08-15-2006, 11:25 AM
Would 2 heads from the M20 be enough for the front of a Gen1? its white so that doesn't help much, and I don't run a front plate.

That's all I have and it WORKS. The first time it went off though it scared the crap at of me (sirens and V1 chirping at the same time). I passed the cop at 105 and he just shook his gun like it malfunctioned. He did pull out and try to pace behind me but I had already slowed to a legal limit.:rll:

wesman
08-15-2006, 01:33 PM
POP3 us when you detector sends the warning to your email and your email forwards it to your cell phone and by time all this technology does its thing... you've given the officer your autograph and are heading down the road again.

:rll::rll::rll:

microsuck
08-15-2006, 02:03 PM

hahaha OMGROTFL!!!!!!:rll:

my2002lightning
08-15-2006, 10:58 PM
Well, whatever the latest POP ver.'s are out there sm#rt#sses! :tongue:

I have one of the latest versions - not sure of the coverage. I need to get Blinder coverage soon.

Andrew,
How did you fare in Vegas? You hit the Stratosphere? knana:bows

Ronald

microsuck
08-16-2006, 07:38 AM
Oh yeah. Stratosphere rocked. Those were the scariest roller costers ive ever been on. And I started with $50 and came back with $800. All on blackjack. I'm not a big roller, but I came out pretty good. Already bought a new ranch hand bumper for the truck and tucked the rest away for "future investments".