PDA

View Full Version : TALON Fantasy Football on Yahoo Sports

True Blue Aggie
08-06-2006, 09:46 PM
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1
League name is TALON. Password is lightning. :tu:

Your live online draft is set for Thu Aug 17 8:00pm CDT [ Add to My Calendar ], which is 18 days, 9 hours, and 59 minutes from now (test your system). Please arrive at least 10 minutes early since your draft will start promptly at the assigned time. You can rank your players up until 45 minutes before your draft.
The draft order will be randomly determined approximately 30 minutes before the draft begins.
Your league will not be permitted to conduct its draft if it contains an odd number of managers.
In order to join, create a team and search for league number 299723. Password is lightning.

True Blue Aggie
08-06-2006, 09:47 PM
League ID#:299723League Name:TALONPassword:lightningDraft Type:Live Draft Draft Time:Thu Aug 17 8:00pm CDT [ Add to My Calendar (http://calendar.yahoo.com/?v=60&TITLE=Yahoo!+Sports+Fantasy+Football+Live+Draft&TYPE=20&URL=http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com&ST=20060817T180000&DUR=0300&REM1=60m) ] Max Teams:10Scoring Type:Head-to-Head Start Scoring on:Week 1 Can't Cut List Provider:Yahoo! Sports Max Moves:No maximum Max Trades:No maximum Trade Reject Time:2 Trade End Date:November 17, 2006 Trade Review:League Votes Waiver Time:2 days Post Draft Players:Follow Waiver Rules Playoffs:Week 15 and 16 (4 teams) Roster Positions:QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN Stat Categories:Passing Yards (50 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-2)
Rushing Yards (20 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (20 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4) Fractional Points:No Negative Points:Yes

True Blue Aggie
08-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Right now we have three in. Myself, Stormshadow, and Sixpipes. The league maximum will be 16 or less. 12 would be just about perfect for the way I have the playoffs set up. I will open the league up to the public 2 or 3 days before the draft, just in case we do not get a full league....

Free to play, just need a yahoo account I think.

Sixpipes
08-06-2006, 10:15 PM
If you've never played before, you don't know what you're missing. This is a free league so it would be a good time to learn. Although I do expect to make a few side bets (read beer) during the season. :cool:

StormShadow
08-07-2006, 07:22 AM
Suggestion. Change it to a passing league. 1 pt for reception 1 pt for completion etc. Makes for higher scores and is more fun IMHO.

True Blue Aggie
08-14-2006, 10:45 PM
We have five teams currently. I would like to have at least 3 more minimum, but 7 would be fantastic. That would make 12 total and would allow for a league wild card playoff week.

post up and let us know if you are interested. And I can move the draft date all the way to Sept. 7th if needed. How does a Sept. 1st draft date sound? That's Friday...

dboat
08-15-2006, 04:53 AM
We have five teams currently. I would like to have at least 3 more minimum, but 7 would be fantastic. That would make 12 total and would allow for a league wild card playoff week.

post up and let us know if you are interested. And I can move the draft date all the way to Sept. 7th if needed. How does a Sept. 1st draft date sound? That's Friday...

I might be in.. how much? mine up here is $100 plus $13 for the internet charges on CBSSportsline..
You have to be signed up for Yahoo to even get in right? then jump in from there?
Dana

True Blue Aggie
08-15-2006, 07:04 AM
FREE FIFTY FREE......

Its free to join. Maybe we figure out during the draft a pool of money or prizes for the winner and runner up, but to sign up and play is free.

wesman
08-15-2006, 08:54 AM
FREE FIFTY FREE......

Its free to join. Maybe we figure out during the draft a pool of money or prizes for the winner and runner up, but to sign up and play is free.

I'm in for a little cheese...just to make it interesting. I think I have an ulser from my last money league I was in at the Apple - $500 team buy in, $100 in advance for any transactions, first 10 transactions were free, $10 for each after 10. We had 12 teams....1/2/3 split reg fees and winner/runner up split transaction fees.

--wes

True Blue Aggie
09-01-2006, 06:01 PM
ttt...the draft is in 2 hours if you are interested in playing...

dboat
09-01-2006, 06:58 PM
ok, I am now all logged in and ready to go..

btw, how many rounds? keep it low, we can drop/add anytime we want? right?

True Blue Aggie
09-01-2006, 08:14 PM
DAMN IT!

Yahoo changed the draft to a autopick draft??!?!?!!? I tried to change it back, and it does not allow me to pick the same time I had originally accepted.

What do you want me to do? Move the draft time again? Let the autopick run?

StormShadow
09-01-2006, 08:21 PM
DAMN IT!

Yahoo changed the draft to a autopick draft??!?!?!!? I tried to change it back, and it does not allow me to pick the same time I had originally accepted.

What do you want me to do? Move the draft time again? Let the autopick run?

WTF! We have enough teams now. Stupid Yahoo. I guess let autopick run.

dboat
09-01-2006, 08:24 PM
WTF! We have enough teams now. Stupid Yahoo. I guess let autopick run.
+1

StormShadow
09-01-2006, 08:29 PM
Since we are autodrafting can you open up 2 more spots? My bro in law wants to play and I will make sure we have one more person so we have an even 10.

Lyfisin
09-05-2006, 08:20 AM
If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to see the results of the draft. Would anyone care to cut-n-paste them if it's possible? Or at least see the teams?

StormShadow
09-05-2006, 11:28 AM
If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to see the results of the draft. Would anyone care to cut-n-paste them if it's possible? Or at least see the teams?

You can go to the draft central tab and see the results.

Lyfisin
09-05-2006, 01:03 PM
I think you have to be in the league to use that tab.

I tried poking around for quite a bit before I posted. I even tried creating an account and joining the league, but of course it was full and also not in draft mode.

Not surprisingly it's designed to keep out lurkers like me. :tongue:

StormShadow
09-05-2006, 05:01 PM
Why didn't you just join the league when we were trying to get enough guys to make a league?

Lyfisin
09-05-2006, 05:52 PM
That's a fair question.

First of all, I've been in a Fantasy League for over 12 years with some friends of mine in California. In fact, I fly back there every year to draft my team and will be leaving Saturday morning for my draft around lunchtime. This will be our 15th year of doing it. Managing two (or more) teams is too much like work for me. I've done it in the past and it's a hassle especially when the rules are different between leagues. Your players are different and you have to cheer for one guy in one league, but against the same guy because you don't have him in the other league. It takes a lot of the fun out of it.

Secondly, the size of this league, at least when it was being created, seemed too large to me. With as many people as it looked like you were hoping to get and the number of rounds/players you were going to draft, the players that people end up taking in the later rounds are seldom even heard of. I've done it that way and at the end, we're all like, "Who are these guys?".

Third, it's hard enough for me to just draft on offense although "offense only" really isn't a team. It's just a lot to keep track of and consider when you are drafting.

Lastly, given the original size of the league and the starting time, I thought it would have been really hard to make the draft. I have to be at work at 6:30 and need to get up at 4:45 to make it there. 8:30pm is about an hour before I really start needing to crash and I felt the draft was going to last much later than that.

That's mostly it.

dboat
09-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Even though it was a mistake, I liked the autodraft... I went in and moved guys around, took some out of consideration (read any Pittsburgh Steeler player) and it did its thing..

Since this is a no money deal, it may be more fun just because its for bragging rights and not worrying about how much am I trying to win.. like the two other leagues I am in..

I did try to draft similar players in all of my leagues so that I am not conflicted, see that point above.. its a good one.. as it is, I dont like to draft players that are on teams that play the Cowboys because then I have to root for them against my 'Boys..

Dana

True Blue Aggie
09-05-2006, 08:53 PM
alright....i already typed this once and the page locked up so lets try again...

Found out Yahoo automatically dropped our live draft when we did not have enough players signed up for the 8 team league (we were sitting at 7 at the time limit). Yahoo also does not let you draft until you have stated that your league is ready to draft, and that wont happen until you have enough teams.

On the original 12 team league, I figured that we had enough paying members on this site, that I could find 12 people that would want to play for free on Yahoo.....I guess I was wrong. 12 teams is kind of my thing, because I like the challenge of finding the "diamonds" out of the average players. Fantasy Football to me is no fun if you take the draft function out of the game. Everyone in this league has good players, and winning or losing is only dependant on who the team is playing that week and which Pro Bowl QB can throw for more TD's....

I could go on, but won't. I'm still interested cause it's with you kids, but the small league and the autodraft kinda took the fun out of it for me...:crying:

Lyfisin
09-06-2006, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the info Michael.

Our league is actually 12 people, but we don't draft as many players. Only 9 rounds and start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR/TE and 1 K.

I almost joined at the last second watching the flurry of posts, but it looked like you had it covered. I totally understand about the 'diamonds in the rough' and having the draft. Being able to move players around like Dana said would be a big help, but it's nothing like doing it live. It's why I fly back to CA. Being in the room with those jokers and cutting up is the most fun part of the trip.

We 'are' those people on the ESPN commercials. :tongue:

Good luck with the season and your teams all!