PDA

View Full Version : E or M input please?

sandpiperx
08-09-2006, 07:19 PM
Ready to buy my gauges the lovely Mrs P. loosened up the budget. The question is Do I need electrical or mechanical? Going for 3 types, boost, wideband, and fuel pressure for now. I hope you all's week is going well. Life is good..mp:tu:

LS1 Eater
08-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Ready to buy my gauges the lovely Mrs P. loosened up the budget. The question is Do I need electrical or mechanical? Going for 3 types, boost, wideband, and fuel pressure for now. I hope you all's week is going well. Life is good..mp:tu:

Go electrical if you going to do it.

sandpiperx
08-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Thats kind of the way I was leaning and thanx. Can I call you Josh If I need any help putting them in?? I will buy lunch, beer, liquor, LoL have a great day.mp:tu:

PoorSvtman
08-09-2006, 09:24 PM
go mechanical on the boost... no need to deal with all the wires and crap of the electrical boost, just one vac line and 2 wires for a light on the mech.

Fuel def go electric so you dont have to run a fuel line into the cab...

L8 APEX
08-09-2006, 10:25 PM
There are three basic gauge choices.
cheap electrical 40-65 bucks they only sweep 90 degrees which isn't very much, most of the gauge face is not scaled or used. Mechanical gauges are full sweep or about 270 degrees they are about 50-180 each. They can bring fluids into the cab or require expensive isolators to mount inside like fuel gauges. The mechanical trans requires you to run a delicate capilary tube abd mount a bulb in the trans pan. Mechanical gauges are always on minus the lighting. The new generation of full sweep electrical uses a stepper motor like your factory speedo and tach do. This motor runs off of pulses so it can have full sweep like mechanical gauges or better. The full sweep mechanical gauges are pricey about 170-300 bucks.
Here is a link to types of gauges.
http://autometer.com/cat_gaugeop.aspx?sid=7

sandpiperx
08-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Terry, that chart was good. I do understand it better and want to know can I buy those gauges through you and install with the other things I mentioned when I talked to you the other day if you do remember. If possilbe let me know I will call to set up a appointment on my next day off. thanx everyone for the fantastic help..life is good! mp:tu:

L8 APEX
08-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Sure, we can source about anything you can put on or in a vehicle.