PDA

View Full Version : you you know anyone in the Eyeglass business ?

Silver_2000
08-10-2006, 11:16 PM
Been wearing them for nearly 40 years - Bought RX sunglasses from Eyemasters and in 6 months the tint is disappearing. Took them back and they said it was normal. Since I didnt buy the warranty they were not going to do nothing. Funny I have to BUY a warranty against crappy products...

Anyone know someone in the eyeglass business ? Need to get 2 pair of sunglasses retinted and need to have new place to go for my annual pair ..

RANT OFF

whitelightning'02
08-11-2006, 07:24 AM
I was real happy with Perl Vision stores..... not the one that was on beltline in carrollton(the owner of that one was a sh#@#head), but the one in farmers branch or the one on lbj and monfort. I broke my glasses once and didn't even get them from them... they had the parts and fixed them free and just said Y'all come back..... that's GREAT service. Now that I'm out here in the sticks, I can go to the local vet or head for wally-world.:rll: :tu:

Wht95Lightning
08-11-2006, 08:58 AM
My entire family uses the SamsClub optical for glasses and contacts. They've always fixed anything that we had an issue with, no questions asked and no charge. Regardless of how old the glasses were.
My wife's glasses have the non-glare coating and it started flaking off after two years. The replaced the lenses, free.

mustgofaster
08-11-2006, 04:49 PM
I'm in the eyeglass business. Are your lenses regular plastic, (CR39)polycarbonate or hi-index? Do they have Transition or an anti-reflective coating? Let me know & I'll see what I can do to hook you up.

Silver_2000
08-11-2006, 10:25 PM
I'm in the eyeglass business. Are your lenses regular plastic, (CR39)polycarbonate or hi-index? Do they have Transition or an anti-reflective coating? Let me know & I'll see what I can do to hook you up.
not sure
I think they are hi index
No anti relective on the sunglasses dont sure what transistion is so I doubt it
Any competent help would be appreciated
THANKS

dboat
08-12-2006, 04:46 AM
not sure
I think they are hi index
No anti relective on the sunglasses dont sure what transistion is so I doubt it
Any competent help would be appreciated
THANKS

Arent transition lenses the ones that are really bifocals but you dont see the lens line? or are they the lenses that darken automatically when you go outside and become sunglasses, then lighten when you go back inside?
Dana

Silver_2000
08-12-2006, 09:38 AM
Arent transition lenses the ones that are really bifocals but you dont see the lens line? or are they the lenses that darken automatically when you go outside and become sunglasses, then lighten when you go back inside?
Dana

I think that transitions are the ones that darken and never seem to lighten all the way .. They are a geek beacon if I ever saw one...

mustgofaster
08-12-2006, 11:36 AM
I think that transitions are the ones that darken and never seem to lighten all the way .. They are a geek beacon if I ever saw one...

You are correct.. Transitions tint when you go outside & lighten up inside & progessive lenses are the no-line bi-focal.
(F.Y.I to anyone thinking of transitions, they are good lenses, but the do not replace sunglasses, because they are activated by UV rays. The windshield in your truck/car blocks UV rays, so they also lighten up while you are driving.)

1 last question, are they polarized lenses? I forgot to ask before.
If they are standard hi-index lenses, I should be able to help you out. I can re-tint them at work. I'm down in Arlington, but I work in Farmers branch. If you want, I can meet you somewhere, or you can meet me at my job & I'll see what I can do.

For the record, if they are a standard lens, (CR-39, poly, or hi-index all included) they should be real easy to re-tint & I'm surprised that they won't do it for you... sounds pretty cheesy to me. Of course in my humble opinion, they shouldn't need any touch-ups after just 6 mos anyway.
The only thing that would make tinting difficult is if they had an Anti-reflective coating, polarized, or Transitions.

Steve

Silver_2000
08-12-2006, 12:16 PM
You are correct.. Transitions tint when you go outside & lighten up inside & progessive lenses are the no-line bi-focal.
(F.Y.I to anyone thinking of transitions, they are good lenses, but the do not replace sunglasses, because they are activated by UV rays. The windshield in your truck/car blocks UV rays, so they also lighten up while you are driving.)

1 last question, are they polarized lenses? I forgot to ask before.
If they are standard hi-index lenses, I should be able to help you out. I can re-tint them at work. I'm down in Arlington, but I work in Farmers branch. If you want, I can meet you somewhere, or you can meet me at my job & I'll see what I can do.

For the record, if they are a standard lens, (CR-39, poly, or hi-index all included) they should be real easy to re-tint & I'm surprised that they won't do it for you... sounds pretty cheesy to me. Of course in my humble opinion, they shouldn't need any touch-ups after just 6 mos anyway.
The only thing that would make tinting difficult is if they had an Anti-reflective coating, polarized, or Transitions.

Steve

Thanks for feedback

the refusal to help had NOTHING To do with the lenses and everything to do with customer service issue..

They are NOT polarized and not transitions.

PM me your contact info - I live in carrollton and work just south of FBranch
Doug

mustgofaster
08-12-2006, 12:37 PM
PM sent

Silver_2000
08-14-2006, 06:11 PM
I sent an email to Eyemasters Corporate cust service and they did the most ironic thing with the email ..

Your message

To: Pena, Angelita
Cc: doug@XXXXX.com; Customer Service Support e-mail
Subject: Re: Not read: bought last pair of glasses from Eyemasters
Sent: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:00:21 -0500

was deleted without being read on Mon, 14 Aug 2006 13:39:53 -0500

Give them points for consistency
Doug