PDA

View Full Version : I need some help!!!!

Ashton2127
08-11-2006, 04:23 AM
I drive an 02' Lightning and so far i have tuned it with the predator, put a blower pulley on, new cat-back exhaust, and bought a brand new block but so far i haven't run faster on the track. Anyone who knows what to do or has been in my shoes tell me what to do to make it faster this just doesnt seem to make any sense to me.:hammer:

tiffo60
08-11-2006, 08:40 AM
heat and traction play a big part in turning good et's in our trucks

wesman
08-11-2006, 08:50 AM
Call Terry at PR....he'll make it faster :)

--wes

L8 APEX
08-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Nice shameless plug Wes:tongue:
Look at you 60' times that is where drag racing times are made or lost. The heat can take almost a second off your truck from hot to cold.

wesman
08-11-2006, 10:28 AM
Nice shameless plug Wes:tongue:
Look at you 60' times that is where drag racing times are made or lost. The heat can take almost a second off your truck from hot to cold.

;) :beer:

--wes

03LightningRocks
08-11-2006, 11:07 AM
I drive an 02' Lightning and so far i have tuned it with the predator, put a blower pulley on, new cat-back exhaust, and bought a brand new block but so far i haven't run faster on the track. Anyone who knows what to do or has been in my shoes tell me what to do to make it faster this just doesnt seem to make any sense to me.:hammer:

More info on what you have would probably get some better responses. When you say brand new block.....do you mean short block?

Ashton2127
08-12-2006, 01:28 AM
More info on what you have would probably get some better responses. When you say brand new block.....do you mean short block?
Its the same block that comes with the truck from the factory

03LightningRocks
08-12-2006, 11:05 AM
Its the same block that comes with the truck from the factory

A short block would be the lower end of the motor. This basicly includes the block, crank shaft, pistons, rods. This part of the motor does little for making you faster(unless you have the compression ratio increased). The real HP gains come from changes in the upper end...heads, cams, valves, springs, porting.

Either way, if you went with a stock replacement, no power gains will come from the motor alone.

What are the rest of your power adders.....what kind of times are you running?

Ashton2127
08-12-2006, 08:31 PM
A short block would be the lower end of the motor. This basicly includes the block, crank shaft, pistons, rods. This part of the motor does little for making you faster(unless you have the compression ratio increased). The real HP gains come from changes in the upper end...heads, cams, valves, springs, porting.

Either way, if you went with a stock replacement, no power gains will come from the motor alone.

What are the rest of your power adders.....what kind of times are you running?
I lost compression in two cylinders so i had to replace my engine. I don't have any other power adders, what do you think i should get?

BC Lightning
08-12-2006, 09:40 PM
I lost compression in two cylinders so i had to replace my engine. I don't have any other power adders, what do you think i should get?

replaced under warranty? if not and you paid out of pocket for a new factory short block (:hammer: ) I would have gone with a built short block, that way you can run a lot more boost

03LightningRocks
08-13-2006, 11:24 AM

If all you have is a stock motor, mid to high 13's in the 1/4 mile would be considered good. Especially with hot weather. One way you can compare your times to others is to go to the times list and see what others have run with similar mods to yours. Pay attention to the dates the various guys ran those times, our trucks are real sensitive to weather changes. I have personally experienced 1/2 second differences in times at various tracks with various conditions, all while utilizing the same mods and tunes.

Link to the times list........ http://www.talonclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4