PDA

View Full Version : I just don't understand

Mark #2
08-19-2006, 06:20 PM
I let the K5 sit out last night, and apparently someone tried to kick in the head lights.
They didn't do any damage except breaking the plastic headlight adjusting screw mounts, so the lights are pointed in all directions.

Replacing the screw mounts now, all of $10, but what a pain. How stupid are some people?

dboat
08-19-2006, 08:11 PM
I let the K5 sit out last night, and apparently someone tried to kick in the head lights.
They didn't do any damage except breaking the plastic headlight adjusting screw mounts, so the lights are pointed in all directions.

Replacing the screw mounts now, all of $10, but what a pain. How stupid are some people?

Mark, I agree with you, that I just dont understand WHY would someone do that.. but then you and I are trying to apply logic to an illogical act.

sorry to hear about this.

Dana

wesman
08-19-2006, 09:11 PM
Makes you wanna leave it sitting out again and set up shop to watch it. I'd love to catch someone messing with something of mine.....there'd be an a$$ whipping at the end of my driveway

Sorry to hear about this.

--wes

Mark #2
08-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Well that was a big waste of my time fixing.

After aligning all 4 lights on the garage door, needed a jump to start, guess the 7 year old battery is done.
Maybe a blessing in disguise.

Mika
08-19-2006, 10:18 PM
People ALWAYS drinkin' haterade in this metro. Could be worse. Your K5 coulda been keyed. People suck.

Mika

Mark #2
08-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Makes you wanna leave it sitting out again and set up shop to watch it. I'd love to catch someone messing with something of mine.....there'd be an a$$ whipping at the end of my driveway

Sorry to hear about this.

--wes
I had a 74 Chevy step side, 383, with nice wheels, that was being messed with when I lived in a rent house. Baited and sat with a shot gun for a few nights and caught the guys with the Richardson Police, but I was much younger then and more pissed off.

I have never left the K5 out, the first time I do it gets vandalized,:mad:

I would bait, but not worth my time, just put the K5 in the garage every night.

L8 APEX
08-19-2006, 11:10 PM
Sounds like drunks or juveniles or a combo of the two. I assume you haven't been chasing down folks with your brights on.. I thought maybe they were trying to steal the bezels or something else we can throw darts at. Touching someones vehicle sucks!!!!

Tex Arcana
08-20-2006, 05:13 PM

Damn, I know your pain, after some mofo busted my window and swiped my radar detector. Make ya want to boobytrap the property lines. :flaming:

Mark #2
08-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Sounds like drunks or juveniles or a combo of the two. I assume you haven't been chasing down folks with your brights on.. I thought maybe they were trying to steal the bezels or something else we can throw darts at. Touching someones vehicle sucks!!!!

Agree, probably the same ones that knocked down the mailbox's a couple of weeks ago.

dboat
08-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Mark,
this may be a stretch.. but any chance it could be a coworker or subordinate at work?
Dana

Mark #2
08-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Mark,
this may be a stretch.. but any chance it could be a coworker or subordinate at work?
Dana
No just kids.

dboat
08-20-2006, 07:47 PM
No just kids.

ok, but having been a manager for over 20 years.. well, enough said.. although I will say that I have never terminated the employment of someone that didnt earn it..
Dana