PDA

View Full Version : Terry did it again

F-35
08-21-2006, 07:26 AM
For over two years now I have read thread after thread about how Terry at PR did this or that to everybody's ride. Being one of those who enjoys working on my L myself, I have not had the occasion to even meet Terry - up to now. Three weeks ago I met with Terry to have him install my new KB and last Friday I had him install a MagnaFlow cat-back system. He worked with me concerning my irregular work schedule, met me when he said he would and did an outstanding job. I am very pleased and wanted to chime in publicly with my own set of kudo's. I did learn one thing however, do not ask Terry what he would do - the boy can definately spend your money. :rll: Thanks again Terry.

gbgary
08-21-2006, 06:57 PM
do not ask Terry what he would do - the boy can definately spend your money. :rll: Thanks again Terry.

you got that right!! he's number one in my book though. :tu:

L8 APEX
08-21-2006, 07:13 PM
I consider it saving you time and money. I would have made a lot more profit from installing long tube headers, 4# pulley, Efan kit, heat exchanger, single blade TB, filter kit, etc and you would have been waiting 2-3 days for a 40hp increase and $3500 price tag. Instead I cut my profit to a 300 install with plugs and your bill to the price of a KB $2600? And you got a lot more power and play with a lot less hassle:tu: . The best part of a KB is getting most of your money back when you're done with a simple demod.

gbgary
08-21-2006, 08:50 PM
can't argue with that logic.

charlie
08-21-2006, 09:00 PM
I'm glad to see this post... makes me feel better about taking my truck to Terry for my mods and dyno tune. That is if some one will buy my gen 1 :(

Charlie

keynan
08-21-2006, 10:44 PM
Here is something for those who have never had the chance to meet terry, and have him work on your L. What in the hell are you waiting for??? TERRY IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!:bows :banana: :nana2 :beer: knana :tu:

Beaudee
08-21-2006, 10:50 PM
He rocks,and is the only one who can jump in your engine bay and close the hood while hes workin on it.:rll: :tu:

TXBLU
08-26-2006, 08:17 AM
I, too, feel the need to chime in. Terry's been a great help, and I can hardly wait to let him work his majic on my '07 Jeep Grand cherokee SRT8 with the 6.1 HEMI. I'm still waiting to have it built and delivered so, first things first!!! Should I mention to him that I'd like to see 600HP out of that thing??? :eek:

Keep up the good work Terry!!!:beer:

By the way, those shocks made quite a difference. Now if I could ever get lucky and find some tires that were actually ROUND!!!!!!:flaming:

sandpiperx
08-26-2006, 10:02 AM
I look forward to meeting him and having him work on the truck. appointment is on sept 6th. Life is good! mp:tu:

WA 2 FST
08-26-2006, 12:54 PM
Some of you know me better than others, but I am _extremely_ picky and meticulous for the most part. It takes a lot for me to drop any of my vehicles off and let someone else touch them, much less do mods. For the most part I'm a DIYer b/c I believe I can do it right, and I don't trust others to be as careful as I would be.

So for me to take my truck to Terry and have him do some substantial work on it, says a lot. He takes his time to do the job right, but he also isn't "lazy" where the vehicle will just sit there forever. Lots of shops work that way... they take your vehicle and it sits there while they work on other stuff... knowing they've already got your business. He also makes sure it is right when it leaves his shop.

TXBLU
08-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Some of you know me better than others, but I am _extremely_ picky and meticulous for the most part. It takes a lot for me to drop any of my vehicles off and let someone else touch them, much less do mods. For the most part I'm a DIYer b/c I believe I can do it right, and I don't trust others to be as careful as I would be.

So for me to take my truck to Terry and have him do some substantial work on it, says a lot. He takes his time to do the job right, but he also isn't "lazy" where the vehicle will just sit there forever. Lots of shops work that way... they take your vehicle and it sits there while they work on other stuff... knowing they've already got your business. He also makes sure it is right when it leaves his shop.

After over 25 years in the aircraft maintenance industry (think of the importance of doing THAST job right!!!), I consider most automotive techs to be inexperieced hacks at best. When it comes to finding one I can trust, I usually know within a few minutes of meeting them if they are competent enough for me to feel comfortable. Terry understands my perspective, and I understand the fact that he has a much greater knowledge base than I do as it relates to computer flash tuning.

He also realizes that I can turn a wrench just as good as anyone. Installing parts, performing maintenance, or troubleshooting problems are not an issue for me, and Terry knows that. He did think I was nuts for thinking my shocks were getting weak at 60,000 miles, but after swapping them out, I was proved right!! The point is, after having a father that raced stock cars, and having road-raced motorcycles myself (and even taught at a racing school), I am hyper-critical about the maintenance of my vehicles. I feel comfortable with Terry, and if I was lazy(er) and had the money, I would just drop my stuff off to him and wait to get it back. I know he would do every bit as good a job as I would. It takes a LOT for me to trust someone like that.

You need some work done? Terry is the man. No questions. Period.