PDA

View Full Version : ebay silliness - $150 buy it now for refurbed router that is $65 new

Silver_2000
08-23-2006, 12:29 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/WRT54GL-Linksys-WRT54GL-Wireless-G-Broadband-Router-WR_W0QQitemZ120020689899QQihZ002QQcategoryZ162QQss PageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

never ceases to amaze me ...

Tex Arcana
08-23-2006, 12:30 AM
I guess older routers are getting popular, considering some of the new ones are just plain crap.

Silver_2000
08-23-2006, 12:36 AM
I guess older routers are getting popular, considering some of the new ones are just plain crap.

wrt54gl is a new router - its available from amazon for under $70 ..

I have bought 5 in the past 2 months ..

but you are right since cisco bought linksys they have lowered the processor and memory of almost all the routers - the normal 54g line has switched from Linux to a new OS that is tougher to change and is no longer open source .. even if it was the memory is now so low you cant do anyt cool stuff with them anymore

Tex Arcana
08-23-2006, 07:12 PM
wrt54gl is a new router - its available from amazon for under $70 ..

I have bought 5 in the past 2 months ..

but you are right since cisco bought linksys they have lowered the processor and memory of almost all the routers - the normal 54g line has switched from Linux to a new OS that is tougher to change and is no longer open source .. even if it was the memory is now so low you cant do anyt cool stuff with them anymore
yah, have the same problem with the Belkin I bought, it like to pack up it's 8k of mem every time I look at it crosseyed, forces me to reboot it regularly. Atop of the problems with the AT&T wireless broadband I'm having, I'm about to eitehr slit my wrists or go back to dialup--it was slow, but it was RELIABLE. :(