PDA

View Full Version : Inner cooler recall?

charlie
08-25-2006, 10:45 AM
I just took my 99 to Bob Thomas Ford in McKinney to check on recalls that have been done to my truck. They said there was only the cruse control recall, and there was never a inner cooler recall. What gives? All I ever heard about on the 99 was people asking if I had the inner cooler recall done. Oh, they did the cruse control in 5 min.

Side note:
I did WOT after 30 mph today for the first time. My boost was 10, and my afr was exactly 12.2 and held steady! I am officially a happy camper! knana It did a real long 2nd gear bark.

WA 2 FST
08-25-2006, 10:53 AM
That's funny since they did the recall on my '99 way back in the day.

charlie
08-25-2006, 01:12 PM
Well I just found out there was something kinda strange about it. It was a TSB not a recall. What ever that is. Just means I'll have to pay . Oh well, when I sell the 93 "L" I'll just do an up grade then. In the mean time I'll just keep an eye on everything.

Charlie

WA 2 FST
08-25-2006, 01:24 PM
It may have been a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin), but I remember getting a formal letter in the mail from Ford, explaining in full detail exactly what needed to be done to my truck. I do recall that there was a time limit as to when I could get it done, and if the time passed, it would cost $$.

As long as yours isn't leaking fluid, its really not a big deal, IMHO.

sandpiperx
08-25-2006, 08:30 PM
how many miles on the truck? maybe the old owner had it done...mp:tu:

charlie
08-25-2006, 10:00 PM
88K and I hope that it was done. But it don't matter. I found an upgrade I'm going to get off of another board member if I can sell my gen 1 in time.

Charlie