PDA

View Full Version : Quervo Black Medallion?

L8 APEX
08-29-2006, 09:09 PM
ANyone tried it? Ad says it is aged and therefore smoother than a regular tequila.
On a side note I had a "build your own" Rita at On The Border. I chose Sauza Tres Generones. and Gran Mariner, I forget the third item. It may have been my fault but it didn't taste good. Let the tequila talk commence...

Silver_2000
08-29-2006, 09:43 PM
Havent tried the Cuervo Black - IMO All Cuervo including the $100 bottle of reserva de la famila is NOT great.

In my experience darker is smoother in Tequila
Next time look for Milagro Reposado - Relatively cheap and GOOD

The attached file would suggest I had a drinking problem - BUT it really means that I like good tequila

Bottles are numbered in order of current preference

1 is Milagro select barrel reserve reposado in a really cool bottle - It was a gift - its really good
2 Milagro Anejo - Darker also very good
3 Corazon Anejo - A past favorite - Gift
4a Milagro Reposado BIG bottle - Very good
4b Cabo Wabo Anejo - bought in 04 or 05 in Cabo - Very good
5 Sauza Tres Generations - is prettty good
6 Corzo Silver - Epxensive and not great - Gift
7 Cuervo Reserva De la famiila - $100 - not very good for the price - My 40th birthday presesnt to myself - 3 years ago
* Tequipal - is a bottle of some tequila concoction from Mexico that was left on my boat by a very nice lady - Its based on tequila and strawberries and is pretty good but its not tequila and the label is all in Spanish

Thats my take on Tequila

Doug

L8 APEX
08-29-2006, 09:51 PM
I knew you were the tequila conesuer here. Hopefully Kenny will chime in and further explain the best blend for a Rita. I hear Fred has a mean beach side Rita blend as well..

Silver_2000
08-29-2006, 10:04 PM
you can see the LITE marg mix in one picture - its AWFUL

I tried making them with fresh juice marg mix I over paid for at Central market and gran marnier - they were bad tooo...

I prefer a no carb margarita - Straight Tequila - with a cold coors light

L8 APEX
08-29-2006, 11:14 PM
I am more so seeking the great combo that is Rita. Straight tequila is not a great love of mine like it is yours. I have no issues with it though. It seems everyone has a tequila story that is not so good:evil and now avoid it..
Why didn't Patrone make your list? There is a bottle of Tres Gen in the freezer, I was thinking maybe they'll get it right the fourth time around...

Silver_2000
08-29-2006, 11:35 PM
I am more so seeking the great combo that is Rita. Straight tequila is not a great love of mine like it is yours. I have no issues with it though. It seems everyone has a tequila story that is not so good:evil and now avoid it..
Why didn't Patrone make your list? There is a bottle of Tres Gen in the freezer, I was thinking maybe they'll get it right the fourth time around...
patron is hyped too much -
For mixes go get a Lt Blender bag and buy a $12-$20 bottle of tequila -
Mix per directions and freeze --- Muy bueno and its made in Texas
http://www.ltblender.com/

Showtime
08-30-2006, 12:53 AM

Beaudee
08-30-2006, 03:39 PM
The best margarita i ever had was made @ Exparza's Mex Rest. in Grapvine.I believe they use grain in their margy's.Christina's original mex. rest. on 1171 west of 2499 in flowermound makes em good to.When you ask for a large its like gettin a 7-11 big gulp.I havent tried the hose black tequila but love patron silver and Corazon tequilas.

dboat
08-30-2006, 06:08 PM
I am waiting for Wayne to chime in soon...

StormShadow
08-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Joe T Garcia's makes 'em pretty stout.

04SVTRACING
08-30-2006, 08:26 PM
Rio Mambo has a really good margarita. Its called Iguana. Which is a Margarita and housemade sangria swirl. Very good, and strong.

PUMP
08-31-2006, 10:10 AM
This threads starting to sound like a "Thats not the way to make a martini" joke.

There is an old joke that goes .... All pilots should carry a shaker, a stirring rod, some gin, and some vermouth in their planes so they could make a Martini in case they ever crashed. The desire for a strong drink in a dire situation being secondary. The primary purpose being that whenever and however someone makes a Martini, someone else comes along and says “That’s no way to make a Martini!” This person can then rescue the unfortunate pilot.

sonicbluetommy
09-04-2006, 11:26 AM
My favorite marg's have cointreau in them along with the gran marnier along with real lime juice (NO MIXES!!!!). Gloria's on Lemmon & Oak Lawn and Ojeda's on Maple, two of the better ones in my neighborhood for $6. Mi Cocina in the West Village makes a mean one but it's $14 (it's a double). Sounds expensive but get a patio seat near the door......the scenery is exquisite!!!!!

One thing I have discovered is a better tequila will NOT compensate for a lousy mix (or a powdered mix) so make sure you like the mix b4 springing for the top shelf tequila.

StormShadow
09-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Ojeda's on Maple has probably the hottest hot sauce I've ever had. That place is a diamond in a goats ass. The area around it is ghetto!

sonicbluetommy
09-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Ojeda's on Maple has probably the hottest hot sauce I've ever had. That place is a diamond in a goats ass. The area around it is ghetto!

You always watch your back even with the 2 Dallas Police Officers roaming the parking lot (which doesnt do much for my sense of security). But I would still highly recommend it to anyone...plenty of hot latinas the last time we went there.

Silver_2000
09-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Since I already showed my mental age with the last picture here is another. It highlights my favorite drink and its my newest Ebay purchase ... Always wanted one.. LOL

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/coors_light_neon_P1110715_Large_.JPG