PDA

View Full Version : Bill Ford Steps Down as CEO.

Lyfisin
09-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Heard this on the the radio this afternoon and confirmed (if anything on the internet can be confirmed) here.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14686147/

Logan
09-05-2006, 08:02 PM
He's a Uncle fawker. Good Fawking riddance to that piece of shiiiiiite....

TP Derrick D
09-29-2006, 11:09 AM
Did anyone see the new( to me anyway) commericial on TV from Ford,GM & Chrysler? It sound like it may have come from American Automobile Union trying to get Americans that are not driving the Big 3 American brand cars to reconsider doing so and realize how it affect America. I know there was a bit of talk about Ford & GM uniting....I hope not, I like picking on Wa 2 Fst, er... I mean die hard GM owners.j/k Wes:D

WA 2 FST
09-29-2006, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I heard the rumor about GM/Ford combining forces. I don't have enough insight to the real financial status of these companies, but on the surface my gut says it may be the only way for them to survive... long-term (I'm talking 50-100 years); unless, of course, the US Govt would come in and protect our automakers like other countries protect theirs. Our own capitalistic way of doing business is kicking these companies in the butt. It's their own fault b/c they are too inefficient and pay too high of wages and produce a product which is not superior to its foreign competition.

But extreme measures like merging/govt intervention may be what it takes. :(

Derrick... it's all good, bro! ;)

L8 APEX
09-29-2006, 10:12 PM
I'd buy a Toyota super duty diesel if it was better than a American truck. American products have gotten worse and worse lately. I hear the Toyota heavy truck is out in 2008... The Titan and Tundra are already bulging into the half ton market. With a f150 getting 12-14mpg I am not suprised. The 6 liter power stroke has done a lot of harm to the Ford super Duty name. They know they are on notice with the release of their new 6.4L stroke.. For 50 grand I want a reliable true 300K mile service life vehicle. All the paint has come off of my 2nd set of emblems in less than 3 months, some are peeling on the lot!.. I was born Chevy and have leaned to Ford for the last 7 years. I go from a mechanic's and consumers view of what is the best product for my money.

TP Derrick D
10-02-2006, 12:33 PM
I agree Wes & Terry, I don't know what the economy issues are like in Asian countries but they seem to reap big benefits from our "American" citizen buying their prouducts. with our high priced economy, we have to pay high wages to avoid living in a card board box under a freeway. But I also believe Union -vs- Management has a lot to do with it. In my employment, the union will fight to the absolute end for the slimiest lowlife scumb bag in the union. although they know the person should have been terminated long ago, causing poor productivity, attendance and all that go along with it. I'm in management and the union stewards there always tell me they wish they did not have to support such employees because it really make the union look bad but they are afraid of having Labor charges filed against the Union.