PDA

View Full Version : Is it OK for a grown man to cry?

charlie
09-07-2006, 08:09 PM
I just sold my baby. I had her for 5 years. Been through a lot with her. A wreck and rebuild, Divorce, custody of my kiddo. All out run to the hospital once when my kiddo was sick. And few g/f's here and there. Pissed off a lot of ricers together. She had her problems, but she never let me down. I've met a few friends because of the "L".

I have another "L". Just not the same though.

I my heart sank and I almost cry-ed as she drove away.

I may get another Gen 1 some day. But in the mean time I have to pay off my Gen 2, and some mods to thing about.

Ya'll have a good weekend.

Charlie

Beaudee
09-07-2006, 08:21 PM
This oughta get some tears.http://videos.streetfire.net/category/Ford/0/816CD111-DB6A-45BC-A17D-CEB1A846EDB3.htm Sorry about your loss.

Alpine
09-07-2006, 08:23 PM
I am about to know how you feel Charlie. I will have my Gen 2 for sale this weekend. I miss her allready and she is not even gone yet.:(

Jeff.

True Blue Aggie
09-07-2006, 08:28 PM
I am about to know how you feel Charlie. I will have my Gen 2 for sale this weekend. I miss her allready and she is not even gone yet.:(

Jeff.

...and what will be coming through door #2?

L8 APEX
09-07-2006, 10:14 PM
I saw my gen1 at the meeting tonight. It was tough but I know it has a good home.
But the answer to your question is NO, it is not okay for a man to cry. It is very disturbing to all who whitness this ill behavior. It undermines all that is man and manlike.
That being said I have cried when pushed past my limits of emotional control. The most recent being the passing of my dog last year. Some say it is okay to cry and you will live longer for it, I say they can go to hell;)

Alpine
09-07-2006, 10:52 PM
...and what will be coming through door #2?:evil :evil

True Blue Aggie
09-07-2006, 11:31 PM
do you already own your next ride? If so, I want a ride in it.... Stop by Terry's place on Sat. if you do...

my2002lightning
09-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Charlie,

I'll man-up and say that I do.:( I've had to pull over in the L on I-45 many times and take a stroll outside the office-tower here in HOU, recently. I miss that Baby Zane.:o

It only means that you miss something that is dear to your heart. Hang in there!

One of my favorite quotes and I hope it helps you as it does myself.

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better.The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Theordore Roosevelt

"Citizenship in a Republic,"
Speech at the Sorbonne, Paris, April 23, 1910

Carlos Hathcock was rather fond of that quote, too. :tu:

Ronald

I just sold my baby. I had her for 5 years. Been through a lot with her. A wreck and rebuild, Divorce, custody of my kiddo. All out run to the hospital once when my kiddo was sick. And few g/f's here and there. Pissed off a lot of ricers together. She had her problems, but she never let me down. I've met a few friends because of the "L".

I may get another Gen 1 some day. But in the mean time I have to pay off my Gen 2, and some mods to thing about.

Charlie

charlie
09-08-2006, 07:28 AM
I saw my gen1 at the meeting tonight. It was tough but I know it has a good home.
But the answer to your question is NO, it is not okay for a man to cry. It is very disturbing to all who whitness this ill behavior. It undermines all that is man and manlike.
That being said I have cried when pushed past my limits of emotional control. The most recent being the passing of my dog last year. Some say it is okay to cry and you will live longer for it, I say they can go to hell;)

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: <----- Will have to do.. I could not find a little smiley face giving you the raspberry. LOL

Charlie

TP Derrick D
09-08-2006, 09:34 AM
This oughta get some tears.http://videos.streetfire.net/category/Ford/0/816CD111-DB6A-45BC-A17D-CEB1A846EDB3.htm Sorry about your loss.

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout !!! best of both worlds !! car & truck(s) !!
probably the best vid I seen posted on here !!

TP Derrick D
09-08-2006, 09:44 AM

Charlie

Know how you feel, felt the same way in '97 when I sold my '89 Stang GT that I bought new and kept 8 years. Like you, we shared a lot..military life, girls,racing,girls,an accident,more racing,more girls,..oh..did I mention girls?... It was like a love one as it drove away calling out my name to save it...that Flowmaster exhaust never sounded so good....:(

Beaudee
09-08-2006, 08:40 PM
Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout !!! best of both worlds !! car & truck(s) !!
probably the best vid I seen posted on here !!

I got one more,these are on my favorites.:tu: http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=BCEB6963-B1B7-4CED-9075-423CE6135921&kw=5&p=110

QDRHRSE
09-09-2006, 04:37 PM
I liked my L well enough but when that Marine drove away in her and left me the 2003 Mach 1 [that is so new that it still smells and looks new].....I was dancing like Justin Timberlake! I guess I wasn't that attached.

Mark #2
09-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Like you, we shared a lot..girls, racing, girls, an accident, more racing, more girls,..oh..did I mention girls?...
And I'll add a boat.

Maybe unconsciously this is why I haven't been able to part with the K5.

StormShadow
09-09-2006, 06:46 PM
And I'll add a boat.

Maybe unconsciously this is why I haven't been able to part with the K5.

Do you mean subconsciously? :evil

Mark #2
09-09-2006, 07:58 PM
Do you mean subconsciously? :evil

Yes,:o
Been hanging and taping Sheetrock all day in the bathroom to get the kitchen pass to LFest.
Working till unconscious