PDA

View Full Version : New Guy. Moving to TX!!

marco93L
09-12-2006, 08:53 AM
Looks like I am about to move to Texas by years end. I will be working around Grayson County Airport, but will be living about 1/4 mile from High Point Marina!!! (I think that is what it was called, I was just lookind around at everything and not really paying attention to names.lol

Anyway, I have a 93 Gen I Blk lightning with Gen II wheels (silver) and a blk 93 Cobra

wesman
09-12-2006, 08:58 AM
Welcome....not sure where you're moving to, Tx is a big state :)

--wes

whitelightning'02
09-12-2006, 09:08 AM
Welcome.....

:beer:

Silver_2000
09-12-2006, 09:24 AM
Welcome....not sure where you're moving to, Tx is a big state :)

--wes
http://www.co.grayson.tx.us/airport/airgeneral.htm

Located just 60 miles north of Dallas the Grayson County Airport is located between two major metropolitan cities, one being Dallas/Fort Worth and the other being Oklahoma City.

WA 2 FST
09-12-2006, 09:37 AM
High Point is very nice (or it was 15 years ago). I went to college in Sherman, and we spent plenty of time at Lake Texoma.

Welcome to N. Texas!!

marco93L
09-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Thanks everyone. Just alittle about myself, I am 26 years old, getting ready to grad in Mech. Engineering. I will be having my first child in Jan (really excited about that). Married for around 7 years. I bought the Lightning when I was 18, first thing that I ever bought, honestly, I bought it for the wife, she liked it then I got attached, she got a TA and I took the truck. Have had it ever since and wont get rid of it. It has 218K on it and is still 100% stock besides the side exhaust, Gen II wheels and badges. We will be around the races alot. The Cobra I have had for 2 years, it runs but not 100% complete. it has a 347 stroker with a YS trim. (everything else still looks stock):D My wife and I are both racing junkies, cars, and motorcycles. We will be around the Texas speedway on the sportbikes alot also.

We are looking forward to show up at some of the events and getting to put some names to faces.
Thanks and see everyone soon!
Marco

Ohmsby
09-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Welcome to Texas I am in the Aubrey area just south about thirty minutes Lake Texoma is a great part of the world knana

Tex Arcana
09-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Looks like we're gonna have'ta form a subgroup soon, for all us North East Texas folk... I'm down in McKinney, and will have the WWFB2 garage in the vicinity. :cool:

my2002lightning
09-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Marco,

Welcome to TALON. I know the Lake Texoma area fairly well, too. I grew up in Marshall Cty. OK. with the 1st 2 undergrad degrees at Southeastern in Durant. Fun times.:beer:

Where are you graduating from with your ME? I've got three professional EEs in the family - one of my groomsmen went the ME route with GM - with another EE cousin about to graduate from OU. I suppose I was the odd-ball MIS OU grad in the bunch. :)

Congrats on your upcoming baby. :) They are such a blessing. It makes my weekend when I visit with my 4 mo. son Zane. :tu:

Ronald

Beaudee
09-13-2006, 07:35 AM
Like to dove hunt?My dove lease is in Grayson county.I have been limiting out the last few times i have gone.:tu:One of my best fields is off airport road near Tioga.

marco93L
09-13-2006, 07:57 AM
Thanks, I will be coming out of OSU, I recieved 90% of my degreee for Oklahoma Christian University, but had to change due to changes in my wifes degreee, so OSU was the only place that we could attend that made both majors. My brother went for EE, I dont think that he is liking it much.lol thanks for the compliment, we found out the baby is going to be a little girl, so I cant wait!

We stopped by the lake, it is really beautifull out there and I know that we are going to like it.

About Dove hunting, I never been, I have some rifles and hand guns, I for the most part collect them, but I havent had much money to start a larger collection yet, but will soon now happen

SIL02SVT
09-13-2006, 08:51 AM
Hey man i live in sherman nice to see you moving here. I have a 02 L and thinking of getting a bike. Right now looking at a 04 GSXR if i get it we'll have to go riding sometime. also I don't know if gen I's use 93 octane or not but even if you use 87 if you go all the way east on 691(same road grayson county airport is on) you'll see a station named lucky stop and its 2.13 for 87 and 2.33 for 93. there is also a chevron that trys to compete right next to it if you always use chevron or something. other than that welcome to the neighborhood.

SILVER2000SVT
09-14-2006, 04:02 PM
Oh man, not another Mechanical Engineer on here...:tex

Tex Arcana
09-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Oh man, not another Mechanical Engineer on here...:tex

:tex HEY! I resemble that remark!! :rll:

dboat
09-14-2006, 07:23 PM
:tex HEY! I resemble that remark!! :rll:

Key word here is "resemble"... :evil :evil :evil :rll:

sorry John, just couldnt resist..