PDA

View Full Version : Talon Decals-(saga-long)

99WhiteBeast
09-13-2006, 12:57 PM
Back in 2002 we found someone to help with the enhancement of the original design of the Club Logo made by some of our founding fathers (Logan, Sixpipes, Doug, Moonshine).

The 'sticker dude' as he was named by Terry (L8Apex) came out with a 4 part vinyl graphic design and was applied at a club meeting (Hooters in Arlington) to many trucks.

The cost was somewhat high but not unreasonable. Doug even tried to beat him into submission :hammer: on costs but he would not submit. We had a good relationship with the above mentioned 'sticker dude' for many years and he had recently converted the original 4 piece design to a one part digital graphic.:cool:

He sold his business back in April and it has been very difficult dealing with the new owners. They promised to have some made and when I would go to the shop they would not be open or not be ready...etc:bs

I'm exhausted dealing with this new folks and have asked for the artwork back and taken our business elsewhere. I also provided the artwork to Andy(Sandman) who is looking into a business in the North Metromess area (Plano,Allen, McKinney) to help supply those of you in that area.

The new company in Arlington is top notch and a pleasure to deal with. They have designed three sizes and provide a much more affordable decal to members.

Small Club Logo 4" x 8" $5.00 each (min order qty=12)
Medium Club Logo 5" x 10" (size of existing small) $8.00 each (min order qty=8)
Large Club Logo 8" x 18" (same size as the Big Arse sticker on my truck-covers 90% of the left or right rear pane) - $15 each (min order qty=6)

I currently have 12 small decals. I would like to offer these first to anyone going to L fest that would like one so we all 'represent'.

PM me your address and I'll get them mailed out this week.

Sandman
09-13-2006, 02:11 PM
I'm currently trying to find a someone in this area to print them for us. I'm pretty swamped with work right now so it may be a couple of weeks. If anybody in this area has any suggestions, let me know. I'll see if I can find someone that will meet or beat the prices Steve listed.

Silver_2000
09-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Steve

Thanks for keepingup with this. Those prices seem reasonable to me. Every one needs to make a little profit

PM me if you want and we can have the club buy some for stock to be distributed at Lfest or before

Doug

Cammin4V
09-13-2006, 02:49 PM
I will take one of the small ones. I am not attending L-Fest, so let me know when i can get one mailed out.

Tex Arcana
09-13-2006, 03:23 PM
ditto on a small one... can't make L-fest, so let them go to those who're going first, I'm patient.

RSVT
09-13-2006, 04:33 PM
i would like one of the small ones also Steve, not attending Lfest but would love to buy one to represent the club, havent seen any L's out here in (north) fort worth with that logo so i would to get one

Chris94L
09-13-2006, 07:55 PM
I'd like a small one. Can I just give you the money at the meeting point Thursday morning instead of having to mail it out, or is it a money in advance kinda thing? LMK

99WhiteBeast
09-13-2006, 09:18 PM
I'd like a small one. Can I just give you the money at the meeting point Thursday morning instead of having to mail it out, or is it a money in advance kinda thing? LMK

That's fine or I can mail it ahead of time so you can apply it and pay me at the meet point

PoorSvtman
09-13-2006, 09:23 PM
who you using know if you dont mind me asking.... pm me if you like. If your still looking for a place that wont do you wrong i can help out...

02BOLT
09-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Save me a little 'un.;)

99WhiteBeast
09-13-2006, 10:10 PM
who you using know if you dont mind me asking.... pm me if you like. If your still looking for a place that wont do you wrong i can help out...

Synthetic Designs- I know Jake has mentioned them before and I think you had told me to check them out also. They do great work:tu:

sandpiperx
09-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Steve what size where the one you sent me ? they were very nice.....mp:tu:

99WhiteBeast
09-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Steve what size where the one you sent me ? they were very nice.....mp:tu:

That would be the new medium (old small size) roughly 5x10

PoorSvtman
09-14-2006, 03:45 PM
Synthetic Designs- I know Jake has mentioned them before and I think you had told me to check them out also. They do great work:tu:

Sweet deal... yea i talked to the owner at pinks few weeks ago. He was checking out my decal and said something about it. Hes whow has been doing decals for me for a LONG time