PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think?

TXBLU
09-16-2006, 05:25 AM
Sadly, the end is near. I just got a call yesterday that my '07 SRT8 Grand Cherokee is on its way, and I'll be putting my L up for sale. I might have the Jeep by the end of next week, and the L goes up for sale as soon as I get the trailer hitch reciever installed on the GC.

There are a couple of things I've been thinking about. The tires, Nittos, are about 80% worn. Should I put new ones on befroe I sell it?

There are also some small chips in the paint on the front bumper cover, hood, and tonneau cover (SnugLid). Terry says there is aguy that does great airbrush touch-up work. Should I bother?

Otherwise, it's in great shape and runs strong with just over 60,000 miles on it. I still have the stock exhaust in a box, the behind-the-seat storage compartment, and crankshaft pulley/cage. I also have 2 spare Goodyears, just in case.

Any idea what this thing will fetch? I hate to see it go, but need the room of the jeep for my 100 pound Lab, Fred. Any thought would be much appreciated.

Eric

charlie
09-16-2006, 09:09 AM
I do not use or like kelly blue book. But I use them as a starting point.

Your truck, for a private party sale is $ 14,890.00 to $ 17,400.00

But the dealer would get. $ 20,185.00

Trade in would only be. 12,075.00 to $ 14,700

I would start out at $20,000.00 and go from there.

Hope this helps
Charlie

L8 APEX
09-16-2006, 09:11 AM
It depends what you do with it. An individual may apreciate new tires, paint chips fixed etc. A dealer won't care. I think anywhere from 16-20K is reasonable.

dboat
09-16-2006, 10:05 AM
Since you asked,, I would fix the chips and have it detailed inside and out, including the engine compartment.. on the tires, I always worry when I see brand new tires on a used vehicle, it makes me think they are trying to hide a front end problem.. but that is just me..

I would have the maintenance records handy to show that you are a keep it maintained and not a beat it to death kind of guy.

Terry is right on with the pricing.
Dana