PDA

View Full Version : Ennis Tonight?

BigBob
11-08-2002, 05:34 PM
Big Bob (Bobcmt) from HALO. I am in town visiting with friends and will be at Ennis tonight looking for a new low ET. If ou make it out, please stop by and say hi. I will be in a 2000 White L.

Hope to see you there, if not may try to make it to Bone Daddy's if I leave track in time.

Later - Bob

Sixpipes
11-09-2002, 01:02 AM
Should have a been a good night for some very good times at Ennis. My truck's a little sick right now or I would have tried to make it. :cool:

andy_cain
11-09-2002, 03:55 AM
I met Big Bob, saw Wesman, L8APEX, and several others... Set a new personal best of :
12.4's @ 109 MPH
Cought a SPY SHOT of a sweet looking 350Z with OZ rims making some passes...good video.
And to top it off, got flirted with by two high school girls on the way home...untill my wife leaned forward and stared them down that is...

:mad: :throw:

Red2002
11-09-2002, 08:40 AM
Wayne! Awesome numbers! http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/1855-2588-36286.gif

Sixpipes
11-09-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by andy_cain

12.4's @ 109 MPH
Way to go bro. Excellent! http://www.fordvschevy.com/forum/images/smilies/bowdown.gif

WA 2 FST
11-09-2002, 10:19 AM
Call me a prophet, but I told Wayne he'd run in the low-12s tonight when he came to pick up my spare.

How'd the wife like the nifty seat you made "just for her"? :)

I had a frustrating night at Hallsville with traction, but I verified that I have a 10-sec capable Vette (128+mph traps). Two mods...airbox and a conservative shot of nitrous. :D

Sixpipes
11-09-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by WA 2 FST

I had a frustrating night at Hallsville with traction, but I verified that I have a 10-sec capable Vette (128+mph traps). :D
Just curious what your time & speed were at 1/8. 128mph is carrying the mail. http://www.fordvschevy.com/forum/images/smilies/shocked.gif

WA 2 FST
11-09-2002, 11:19 AM
The first 1/8 mile is terrible. I run almost as well N/A as I do on the nitrous. That's not all the tires' or track's fault, though. I was heating up the F1s pretty good and not being aggressive enough on the launch ... and it would bog. Problem is that if you blow the tires off too bad, you get horrible wheel-hop (a lot like the L's, but the IRS makes it worse). Once I got wheelhop all the way to the 1/8 mile (still ran 12.0/127)

Anyway, here's the time:

60': 2.11
660': 7.94 (runs 8.1s N/A)
660' MPH: 101.5 :eek2:

My '90 Mustang would run 102mph through the 1/8...but 6.9x ET (and that was not racing it real hard...but slicks sure help make it easy to drive).

For drag racing purposes, the nitrous really doesn't help much (only .5 in ET this time around...although I sincerely believe it will run 11.5s with just a little practice) at the track. But on the street from a 20mph roll I can nail it and it will hook up great. This is 95% of the encounters I get into anyway.

12.36 @ 116 N/A proves the point about the traction limitations I now have with the nitrous. That's ok. Didn't hurt anything, and I made 5 nitrous passes without a hiccup. I think its tuned right.
:D

andy_cain
11-09-2002, 11:22 AM
That is probably my best mod to date. Wife had no real problem with the chair persay, she did complain a few times when under acceleration she slapped her head on the rear window a few times...damn near knocked her senceless, 3rd or 4th time she spilled her beer in her lap...(I resere the right to all the jokes about likcking that up later).
Great night, still hard to find traction, had one run at a 2.125 second 60 foot, finished at 12.8 and still blew through the traps at 110 MPH.
Now I have to switch gears (litterly) leaving in a few to race the Motocross gig at Oak Hill MX near Decater...practice tonight, race in the morning.
:banana: :beer:

WA 2 FST
11-09-2002, 12:12 PM
I would like to see a cop's face if you ever got pulled over with that chair strapped in there. :eek2:

Seriously, that is one of the funniest, most hardcore drag racing things I've ever witnessed. And I've seen a lot of stuff at some of these national Mustang events.

Good job on the times!

Let the nitrous games begin. :D

wesman
11-09-2002, 12:24 PM
I met Big Bob, saw Wesman, L8APEX, and several others... Set a new personal best of :
12.4's @ 109 MPH
Cought a SPY SHOT of a sweet looking 350Z with OZ rims making some passes...good video.
And to top it off, got flirted with by two high school girls on the way home...untill my wife leaned forward and stared them down that is...

lmao....she probably had to let the flirting go on for a sec because she couldn't sit forward in her camping seat without falling over :)

lmao...that was quite the setup she had :p

Good to see you guys....I really wish we had a track closer to DFW and less of a wait.....it's rediculous to get 4 runs in in almost 5 hours :hammer:

--wes

WA 2 FST
11-09-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by wesman

Good to see you guys....I really wish we had a track closer to DFW and less of a wait.....it's rediculous to get 4 runs in in almost 5 hours :hammer:

--wes

I agree completely. However, as heavily populated as DFW is, and with only ONE 1/4 mile track within an hour's distance...its not gonna happen. You should be glad you got 4 runs in down there.

Ennis back in the early '90s was like Hallsville is now. Good track prep, courteous racers, and you might get 150 cars on a Friday night (not 400). People didn't take your pit spot when you went to the staging lanes. Spectators cars were relegated to farther out in the pits, so they couldn't block in the racers who were pitting, etc.

I miss that, which is why when I actually take a day to go race, its at H-ville and not Ennis. Yes, its an extra 2 hours driving time round trip, but I could have gotten 9-10 runs in last night if I'd wanted...and they started 1.5 hours later than normal and had two oil downs. They were only racing from 7:30 to 11:30. That's a lot of runs for such a short time frame. Construction on I-20 was a bear, though. I need to find a different route (380 to 69 to 20, perhaps).

To fill the need with regards to the heavily populated DFW area, they need at least 2 more full 1/4 mile tracks. I seriously doubt that will ever happen. :(

wesman
11-09-2002, 02:19 PM
Yeah...I wish that track they had on the plans in Grand Prarie would have panned out...that would be sweet. I think I may need to take the trek to Hallsville next time.....worth the drive for the extra runs IMO.

--wes

Ripster
11-09-2002, 05:16 PM
I was frustrted because I was looking for the 12's, but did set a new best with a 13.111 @ 105.40 on the F1's. Best 60 ft was 1.98 due to fear of tire spin. Anyone know of some used tires and wheels cheap please let me know. Had a great time hanging out with some of the guys. Had a long talk with Bob from HALO, good guy.

J.D. Blackwell
11-09-2002, 05:19 PM
12.4's @ 109 MPH

Dang man, your not supposed to take your wife or girlfriends with you to the track people. I believe that is against the law.

I wish I would have checked the board before I left yesterday afternoon. I was in Lancaster last night.

T Hogg
11-10-2002, 10:04 PM
Had a great time at the track also. Could only make one past. :mad: I guess they didn't like that 11.382 @ 116.60 mph:eek2: pass. With a 1.568 60'.:eek2: Truck is running very strong, just a few problems with shift points. But, I'll get it worked out and 10sec. passes hear I come.

Might need to install a roll cage before Hallsville. :D

L8 APEX
11-10-2002, 10:47 PM
Cage nah, maybe a generous tip to the right official. I hear a case of Lone Star goes a long ways in Hallsville:D

WA 2 FST
11-11-2002, 12:11 AM
From what I've seen/experienced at H-ville, as long as you are not competing in their jackpot/$$ bracket races...they will not bother you with the safety rules.

They may call you up for a bit tougher safety inspection, but I doubt they will throw you out as long as you're just running test n tune.

DamonH
11-11-2002, 12:26 PM
I went out to Ennis as well. I don't post here much, so most of you don't know me.

Only got two runs in. :(

01 Lightning (Silver)
JDM Silver bullit Exhaust
Anderson PowerPipe w/ powerstack filter
Everything else bone stock (street tires, 4cyl shift left intact, full weight [4750 w/ me] etc...)

Run1
60ft 2.221
1/8 9.015
MPH 80.30
1/4 13.939
MPH 100.22

Run2
60ft 2.235
1/8 9.040
MPH 80.29
1/4 13.971
MPH 99.95

I guess I'm happy since I told myself as long as I am in the 13's I'll be happy, but wish my numbers were a little better. Maybe I should have said, "as long as I hit 13.5's"...heh. I know my 60ft is a big part of the problem ... I just didn't get enough time to work on them. After I get a chip and pulley I'll be sure to bring some drag radials to the track and maybe that'll help that 60ft! At least the trucks consistant!

Later,

BigBob
11-12-2002, 01:12 AM
Had a great time at the track and it was good to meet some of the TALON crew that I had not met previously. Unfortunately my truck was off-pare and was slowing with each run as the air got colder. Later check showed plugs were dying and still think A/FR needs some work. Best run was a 12.67 at 68F and have run 12.51 at 90F. Tune-up planned for Saturday before races this Sunday. Sorry i missed the eleven second run and meeting more of you. Left after my last run since I had been in the lanes for an 1 and 45 minutes. Andy (alias), Lisa & Ripster, great spending time with you, sorry i spent so much time in staging lanes instead of more time chatting. My friend Billy had a great time as well and commented on how friendly everyone was.