PDA

View Full Version : Terry Look

SIL02SVT
09-20-2006, 12:01 PM
Terry my truck is bone bone stock and i'm the real (poor SVT man) just got a 1k bonus from work and was wondering what you could do for me with that like maybe a exhuast chip and tune or something. let me know and btw where are you located at?

Silver_2000
09-20-2006, 12:05 PM
My $0.02
Dont look at exhaust as first mod
For 1k get a Xcal 2 and a 4# pulley - if you can swing it get a Cold air kit

Those would be my first mods - Heck those were my first mods on may last 2 Lightnings -- Except my 2004 is still running stock airbox

wesman
09-20-2006, 12:08 PM
My $0.02
Dont look at exhaust as first mod
For 1k get a Xcal 2 and a 4# pulley - if you can swing it get a Cold air kit

Those would be my first mods - Heck those were my first mods on may last 2 Lightnings -- Except my 2004 is still running stock airbox

I wouldn't even waste the money on a SCT2 for a near bone stock truck. If it's likely to stay the same, I'd get a used Xcal 1 on the cheap and throw the pully on there with an intake.

I'd get the exhaust for the cound alone, not much in the way of gains until you up the boost and go long tubes .

--wes

SIL02SVT
09-20-2006, 12:57 PM
well i'm actually trying to not void my warranty before it runs out(2008 and another 35k miles) becuz i paid alot of money for it. also where do you pay your dues for the club i will probally never make it up that way to any of the meets but i want to show support for the club.

Silver_2000
09-20-2006, 01:19 PM
everything you mentioned will void the warranty .......................

Depending on the issue and the dealer

Check the Yellow Announcement at the top of every forum section

kirkmears
09-20-2006, 01:25 PM
<edit>nevermind..i found it
perhaps i should receive the award for being the biggest slacker. member since '02 and just now supporting...:o
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/payments.php

SIL02SVT
09-20-2006, 01:50 PM
everything you mentioned will void the warranty .......................

Depending on the issue and the dealer

Check the Yellow Announcement at the top of every forum section
So even exhaust would void the warranty well then i guess i'll just buy guns until 2008. thanks again.

WA 2 FST
09-20-2006, 02:12 PM
It depends on what dealer you use. A cat-back exhaust would not void the warranty. Neither should a cold air intake setup. A different pulley on the blower/crank drive certainly could. But that is easy enough to pull off if necessary. A flash tuning device is easy to revert back to stock before taking it in for service.

These simple mods will not hurt the reliability of an otherwise stock L.

Do the mods. You'll be very pleased, and not understand how you could have driven your truck without them.

BC Lightning
09-20-2006, 03:07 PM
My good buddy (and guy I use for warranty needs) works at A SVT Dealership and is SVT Certified. According to the books when claiming warranty work even a drop in filter could be grounds to void the warranty, including exhaust. Unless it was put on by the dealer and you have documents to prove it was bought through and installed through a certified Ford Tech.

When I blew my motor in my 2001 L a SVT Rep came in to the dealership to check for warranty issues. Luckily I went through my buddy and he said he installed the filter and that it was completely stock (of course he un-installed my exhaust, pulley, chip, and etc mods and replaced the with stock parts)

With that said, a tune, pulley, and valve body would not hurt the dependability of the truck, Terry has the tuning down cold for these mods, I say saty simple until the warranty goes

SIL02SVT
09-20-2006, 04:05 PM
With that said, a tune, pulley, and valve body would not hurt the dependability of the truck, Terry has the tuning down cold for these mods, I say saty simple until the warranty goes
so is that what you call simple or is that what i should do after the warranty goes sorry i didn't follow the last paragraph.

BC Lightning
09-20-2006, 06:23 PM
so is that what you call simple or is that what i should do after the warranty goes sorry i didn't follow the last paragraph.

Simple, It will definately give the truck some get-up, but will still remain safe as long as you have a good tune

SIL02SVT
09-21-2006, 08:29 AM
I think i'll just wait until my warranty is up i don't want to do anything to jeperdize that. Although i havn't had a problem outa my truck yet and just rolled over 40k miles i still want to keep in mind that something could happen at the end of the warranty.

FRDRCING
09-24-2006, 03:14 PM
I would also see about getting a FTVB