PDA

View Full Version : A/C guys/gals, inside

George G.
09-21-2006, 07:27 PM
I have a question concerning the tonnage of my evap in a house I'm trying to sell. The buyers inspectors say that it's a 3 ton but I have a feeling it's actually the correct 4 ton. There are no brand name markings on it just the s/n info as follows. Can someone help verify this? I know T Cole use to be in HVAC and then there's Ron. Any help is greatly appreciated.

here's the info

Model GH36S TSH48
BTU 48000
s/n 2/4 6787

Also, If it is in fact a 4 ton is there any place I can get some solid data to back this up and fax back to them? thanks. The 40K BTU's is what leads me to think it's a 4 ton.

jmlay
09-21-2006, 08:00 PM
If it is a 48000 BTU it is a 4 ton unit, 48000/12000=4. The confusing part is the model number, Model GH36S TSH48. Is this 1 or 2 model numbers? The coils inside will have a btu & the outside unit will have a btu number, they should match in ratings. Also the furnace will have a but rating.

Mike

George G.
09-21-2006, 09:41 PM
Well, on the label, it looks like this..

MODEL GH36S TSH48

The tsh48 is in a white space that's next to gh36s. Kinda like the part of Model GH36S is preprinted and the white fields are where other in get typed in. The 48000 is in a white field next to BTU. I'll see if I can find an access panel...I don't recall there being one and will try to snap a pic. I know the furnace has a panel though.

gbgary
09-21-2006, 11:54 PM
ok...........the brand is ASPEN. i believe it's a 3-4 ton coil but we need to know what the model number of the outdoor unit is. aspen coils usually have a 5 year warranty. they are a builder-grade manufacturer.

George G.
09-22-2006, 08:39 AM
The outdoor unit is a 4 ton for sure. It's a different brand and I had it replaced about 3 years ago. Also, the furnace is a Sun Dial, original one as far as I know. I can still get the model # of the condensing unit if it's needed. The evap is definately the original one that was built with the house.

My comments on that pic didn't turn out very well. But apparently the model # is what's getting me different feedback where the label in raw form has the MODEL GH36S and then TSH48 typed in the field next to it.

ps, Microsoft Paint sucks. lol

PUMP
09-22-2006, 11:55 AM
The outdoor unit is a 4 ton for sure. It's a different brand and I had it replaced about 3 years ago. Also, the furnace is a Sun Dial, original one as far as I know. I can still get the model # of the condensing unit if it's needed. The evap is definately the original one that was built with the house.

My comments on that pic didn't turn out very well. But apparently the model # is what's getting me
different feedback where the label in raw form has the MODEL GH36S and then TSH48 typed in the field next to it.

ps, Microsoft Paint sucks. lol
Complete revision on my post. The evaporator coil is a 4-Ton coil (48,000 BTUH). You will also need model number on condensing to verify the system capacity as it is possible to mate various capacity condensing units and evaporator units.