PDA

View Full Version : Dad's Shelby

Stinkbug
09-26-2006, 08:59 AM
Dad called yesterday and his Black w/tung striped 500 showed up Saturday at Bay Area Ford in Houston. He cannot get down there until thursday so I offered to go pick it up and bring it back. He said NO! Can’t wait to drive it, I hope.
Turns out he does business with a guy (who also just received his 500) that works for Carroll Shelby's sons. So this guy and my dad are going to see if they can get signatures in the cars.

Also dad has a second one on order, just to make sure he got one, so he went by last week to check status of the order and the guy says all 3 are still on schedule. Well there were supposedly 4 total and the guy says the first one is already gone out, for free. Ford gave the first one, at this dealer, to the owner of ABC auto parts.

:burnout:

gagspa
09-26-2006, 09:30 AM
Post pictures when you get a chance. I am interested to see that combo.

gbgary
09-26-2006, 10:08 AM
I offered to go pick it up and bring it back. He said NO!

:d

Stinkbug
09-26-2006, 10:30 AM
He says he is going to keep the order on the second one for now and see if he can get the color changed from Blk/Tun to Blu/Tun. Maybe if he has two he will give one to me!
:rolleyes:

Stinkbug
09-29-2006, 09:52 AM
First pic of car coming home from Houston. Dad says he is really impressed with the cars feel and quaility, not to mention the endless supply of torque. +'s Good brakes, incredible shifter, overwhelming engine (Big), roll on is out of sight, and quiet cabin. -'s Can not see leading edge of hood (hood bubbled for SC), No auto AC, No auto Head lamps, and no outside temp. I know, stupid stuff but at this point he has gotten used to the little things. Probably becuse the Z06 and Harley f-150 have them. More pics when I get them, sorry about the quaility.:d

Stinkbug
09-29-2006, 09:53 AM
Sorry i attached wrong pic. here ya go

gagspa
09-29-2006, 10:04 AM
I really like that color combo!

gbgary
09-29-2006, 12:54 PM
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2091&d=1159541592

very cool!

Stinkbug
10-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Anybody seen aftermarket parts for the GT500. Dads wanting a CAI.

Yo Terry?:D

Stinkbug
10-09-2006, 09:42 AM
Got to drive the Shelby yesterday and holy ch*t the motor is smooth. 1st gear spins up really fast:d . Not much tire spin on the 1-2 shift (Speed Shifting) and very little on the 2-3. It really needs a CAI and some more boost, factory guage showing about 6-7psi. The shift light is sweet but hard to see when you are really running through the gears. Anyone know why the back end of the car sits so high? Car feels a little squirmish straight line, until you lean into it in a corner and it fells pretty good. does not feel like a 2ton car. But overall very nice car quiet smooth, real nice seats and dash. the blk interior almost needs a differant color to break things up, but not red in my opion maybe a dark grey. Anyway great car wish it was mine. Belt on the SC is .25+ wider than a normal serp belt and really good looking exhaust underneath. Ex tips Who ever at ford is responsible for aligning the ex tips on their vehicles is lost, just like the L the tips do not fit the cut outs right and the two sides are not in the same postion. Oh well i guess i would driveit if I had to.:D