PDA

View Full Version : T.O. allergic reaction or failed suicide attempt?

StormShadow
09-27-2006, 09:46 AM
Discuss

tiffo60
09-27-2006, 10:04 AM
its kinda hard to call it an allergic reaction when you eat an entire bottle of pain pills, 40 pain pills down the pipe and the reaction is described as allergic:Bullshit , i have never seen anyone's stomach pumped from an allergic reaction, it was an overdose plain and simple, i dont think it was a suicide attempt, more like an attempt to get really really trashed

Silver_2000
09-27-2006, 10:36 AM
The story keeps changing - sounds to me like local news people are trying to act like the enquirer ..

I doubt the ego maniac tried to kill himself - i bet he didnt take the pain medication when it was prescribed - the pain increased and he started taking it - it didnt do anything after first dose so he took another - then had a reaction to the drugs and the supplements he was taking ...

wesman
09-27-2006, 10:47 AM
He has some emotional issues for sure, that's evident by his antics over the years. I don't think he tried to kill himself, hopefully we get the story from his mouth and the truth will fall somewhere between his story and what we're hearing.

--wes

98Cobra
09-27-2006, 10:50 AM
Well, the story said a nurse walked in on him chugging down a bottle of pills, and he told police he was trying to harm himself.

I want a refund.

BC Lightning
09-27-2006, 11:18 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6006094?FSO1&ATT=HCP&GT1=8595

"The report said Owens was asked by rescue workers "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time (he) stated, 'Yes."'

"The Dallas police report said the 32-year-old Owens told his friend "that he was depressed." Details of the police report were first reported by WFAA-TVThe Dallas police report said the 32-year-old Owens told his friend "that he was depressed." Details of the police report were first reported by WFAA-TV"

"The friend, who is not identified in the report, "noticed that (his) prescription pain medication was empty and observed (Owens) putting two pills in his mouth," the police report said. The friend attempted to pry them out with her fingers, then was told by Owens that before this incident he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied."

TXLIGHTNING
09-27-2006, 02:46 PM
Its all their talking about on the news.

Silver_2000
09-27-2006, 02:55 PM
they both just went on TV denying it all

98Cobra
09-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Yea. I love the logic:

"He has 25 million reasons to be alive"

She knows that rich people commit suicide too, right?

Mika
09-27-2006, 04:06 PM
That bitch tried to commit suicide. Now he doesn't have the balls to admit it...

Sad to see one of the most talented WR's piss and moan about life...

Mika

Tatom Mack
09-27-2006, 04:24 PM
http://xs207.xs.to/xs207/06393/owent.jpg

TP Derrick D
09-27-2006, 06:51 PM
No way I believe he tried to commit sucide!!!! If they said he was trying to get high, yeah I might believe that, sucide.. fock nah!! He like the spot light too much plus he loves himself some him self. Plus look at who was keeping it going, a bunch of media & ESPN geeks. I take that same med, Hydrocodone, along with about 8 other meds and I know its possible to be out of it from them, ask my wifey. One of the meds is for depression(Citalopram Hydrobromide) as perscribed by the VA. My doc there wanted me to go to the mental health clinic to see if I was a threat to self or anybody else, so I got a big regiment of questions about sucide and i guess he decided I would'nt do harm to my self but maybe someone else, hell I don't know but I got these pills. Anyway, Owens came out and explained it and these geeks still trying to change his words around and just determined to make it a sucide attempt.They trying to go back to his childhood and find a reason why this happened. That's some funny stuff, now it just re-remind me why Barry Bonds don't talk to media anymore than he does. And I don't even like TO as a player.(Oh by the way, the depression thing with me got started because of what I believe to be Desert Storm Syndrome,(but the gov. is denying exist) all my joints are painful and when the doc ask me if it affected my life I said yes, then more questions .. do I feel this, do I feel that...so being honest I answered and well I guess he didn't want a ex-GI Desert Storm vet getting in full battle dress, with an AK or M16 )

BC Lightning
09-27-2006, 10:07 PM
In the one time I met T.O. through my buddy who plays for the Cowboys he seemed like a really nice polite guy, to me at least. In the brief moments I talked to him he was happy and energetic, and had no signs of depression, of course this was back in July. He even laughed at my suggestion for a TD celebration of going to the center of the star, taking off his helmet and making bowing to the crowd to make amends for the whole 49er deal.

I know he loves himself very much and loves the spot light, so when I first read and heard the story I didn't know what to believe, and still don't, you have a police report that differs from his story. guess we will find out more once the 911 call has been released :tex

03LightningRocks
09-27-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm with Derek here. No fricking way do I think he tried to off himself. I think he just took too many darned pain pills by mistake. Hell, I love pain pills and I can tell you from personal experience that it is real damned easy to forget when or if you took one a few hours ago. I bet when the rescue worker asked him that question about trying to hurt himself, he didn't even know what the hell they had asked him and just said yes to get them off his ass.

98Cobra
09-27-2006, 11:29 PM
While I think it could go either way, i find it hard to believe that some people wont even think it is a POSSIBILITY, simply because of their distrust of the media. I have been going circles on the GTO board with a couple people that simply WONT believe it if it is reported by a media outlet (one person even dismisses "The Smoking Gun's version of events" because they are "a tabloid interweb site". :confused:

TP Derrick D
09-28-2006, 12:40 PM
the Channel 8 news @ noon today finally reported a few lines from the 911 call. His publist never used his name or the word sucide but said "some guy took some pills" and the call to 1st responders from the dispatcher went out as a sucide attempt. Now maybe all these geeks will will get off the mans jock strap. I use to have more respect for some of them until yesterday when they just tossed what he said out the window and just made the man be lying and tried to check out, a couple of the geeks(John Clayton,Skip Bayless, Trey Wingo mainly) on ESPN act as if they were there at his house when it took place and just overlooked what his friends and former players Michael Irvin & Deion Sanders( who had been with him after all this happened) said and just make some Police report the absolute truth regardless if the man may not knew what he was saying when he was asked about it. I have more respect for Bill Parcells after he told the media that he did not know the full details and he was not going to jump to conclusions and they shouldn't either and if you don't believe me (fock off) I'm leaving. If you listen to ESPN and their talk shows and listen to black radio, believe me you will hear totally opposite things.

98Cobra
09-28-2006, 03:40 PM
So, why not just waive HIPAA, trot the doctor out, and explain it all? Done and done, and all the critics look bad.

Unless, of course, the doctor would say something you don't want made public.

Also, I would hardly count Michael Irvin as someone who is a master of truth-telling either....

Mark #2
09-28-2006, 05:09 PM
I seriously doubt it was suicide, probably just took too many Vicodins and they made him drunk then sick, those things tear up your stomach.

G'Lightning
09-28-2006, 07:41 PM
Who cares....:crying:

TP Derrick D
09-29-2006, 10:11 AM
So, why not just waive HIPAA, trot the doctor out, and explain it all? Done and done, and all the critics look bad.

Unless, of course, the doctor would say something you don't want made public.

Also, I would hardly count Michael Irvin as someone who is a master of truth-telling either....

Point is Michael Irvin was with him that day, so was Deion Sanders. And as Irvin tried to tell those geeks not to believe everything a Police report says he even said"And I've had a few run-ins with them to know" Now the big time almighty believable Dallas Police has changed their story, nowhere did TO or his publist say it was sucide anything, the ESPN geeks I mentioned now trying to back peddle, TOO LATE !!! They just trying to clean up their incompentance, and kind of let it go away as if they didn't accuse TO of something such as that. Now Glen White a union spokesman for DPD want an apology from TO. He must be on drugs himself. Your deptment gets it focked up and have him plastered all on newspapers, TV, and getting gossiped about like that and they want an apology:rll: TO should sue their a$$ if anything.
As you should very well know a police report is an account by the officer as to what they think happened, its not necessarily always the truth, an opinion even ,so yeah I believe Michael Irvin just as much as i would a police report, on this anyway ,forget all his druggie stuff. Reason I would....have U even been profiled?.....I doubt it....case closed.

tiffo60
09-29-2006, 10:28 AM
Point is Michael Irvin was with him that day, so was Deion Sanders. And as Irvin tried to tell those geeks not to believe everything a Police report says he even said"And I've had a few run-ins with them to know" Now the big time almighty believable Dallas Police has changed their story, nowhere did TO or his publist say it was sucide anything, the ESPN geeks I mentioned now trying to back peddle, TOO LATE !!! They just trying to clean up their incompentance, and kind of let it go away as if they didn't accuse TO of something such as that. Now Glen White a union spokesman for DPD want an apology from TO. He must be on drugs himself. Your deptment gets it focked up and have him plastered all on newspapers, TV, and getting gossiped about like that and they want an apology:rll: TO should sue their a$$ if anything.
As you should very well know a police report is an account by the officer as to what they think happened, its not necessarily always the truth, an opinion even ,so yeah I believe Michael Irvin just as much as i would a police report, on this anyway ,forget all his druggie stuff. Reason I would....have U even been profiled?.....I doubt it....case closed.

nicely put:tu:

98Cobra
09-29-2006, 10:51 AM

Are you saying the TO was treated this way because he is black? The whole reason the cops are mad is because they have been publicly called liars - who wouldnt be pissed off? Wouldn't you?

Also, a police report is not "an opinion". It is a factual account of what the officer witnessed or was told. What motive would the responding officers have for making up this story?

The problem for me with T.O.'s version of events is that they are glossing over the details. What supplements did he have a bad reaction with? Why do you keep your pain medication in a drawer instead of say, the bottle they came in?

It doesnt matter anyway - everyone seems to be willing to give T.O. a free pass on answering these questions.

Silver_2000
09-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Reason I would....have U even been profiled?.....I doubt it....case closed.
TO is profiled ... Profiled as a whiny self important, ego maniac that has a history of not getting along with team mates or coaches .... Would it surprise you if he lied to cover up an embarassing incident ?

Oh wait a minute you meant racial profiling ? My Bad :evil

TP Derrick D
09-29-2006, 11:28 AM
No Garrett & Doug, I'm not saying TO was profiled in this case. What I am saying is police will falsfy reports..thats why the whole thing with profiling started, stopping black guys for no reason at all,even I have been. so don't give me that crap about a police report is always true.Remember those Hispanic guys that was sent to jail because of a falsefied police report on fake drugs. And Garrett ,as you just said ,its also what the officer was told, do that make it true, what someone say is there opinion or how they see it. Kinda like a accident, 10 people see it, 10 different accounts, opinions,or reports. You can believe whatever you like, but you will never see what I see.

03LightningRocks
09-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Your right Derek, a white guy can't possibly see things from a black guys perspective. But in this case, the black guy is more white than I am. He has 23 million reasons for the whole world to be kissing his arse.

On the topic at hand, I still believe the whole deal is because of an accidental overdose. I also know for a fact that when a person OD's on certain types of drugs, the suicide question is automatic. The skin color of the person who overdosed has nothing to do with why they are asked the hard questions. I believe in this case the media jumped all over it because it was TO....I don't think they cared if he was black, white or green....he is in the public eye and that is all they need to take every little thing he does and run crazy with it.

I am no expert on the suicide topic....but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

:beer:

Lyfisin
09-29-2006, 01:24 PM
Why do you keep your pain medication in a drawer instead of say, the bottle they came in?

I have separated pills to have some at work and some at the house so I don't have to remember to carry them everywhere I go.

As far as the whole "suicide" think, I didn't believe it pretty much from the first time I heard abou it. If the hospital thought he was a danger to himself or anyone else, they wouldn't have let him go that quickly.

And no, I don't trust the media. They just want a story.

98Cobra
09-29-2006, 01:39 PM
No Garrett & Doug, I'm not saying TO was profiled in this case. What I am saying is police will falsfy reports..thats why the whole thing with profiling started, stopping black guys for no reason at all,even I have been. so don't give me that crap about a police report is always true.Remember those Hispanic guys that was sent to jail because of a falsefied police report on fake drugs. And Garrett ,as you just said ,its also what the officer was told, do that make it true, what someone say is there opinion or how they see it. Kinda like a accident, 10 people see it, 10 different accounts, opinions,or reports. You can believe whatever you like, but you will never see what I see.

I've been stopped for no reason at all, and I am as white as the day is long. I am not saying that people are stopped for Driving While Black every day, but it happens to other people too. Either way, I agree with Ron - that really isnt in play here at all.

The fake drugs thing was more than a falsified police report. That situation couldnt be more dissimilar to this one. Maybe if they had arrested T.O. for misuse of a prescription medication or something, you would have something there.

And no, I don't agree a police report is an opinion. When an officer files a report, he swears the account is true to the best of his knowledge. If something is wrong in there, its because he got bad information from somewhere. I know, there are some bad cops out there that do file false reports, but I don't see any evidence whatsoever that the police tried to paint this as something different than they had been led to believe.

TP Derrick D
09-29-2006, 02:47 PM
Your right Derek, a white guy can't possibly see things from a black guys perspective. But in this case, the black guy is more white than I am. He has 23 million reasons for the whole world to be kissing his arse.

On the topic at hand, I still believe the whole deal is because of an accidental overdose. I also know for a fact that when a person OD's on certain types of drugs, the suicide question is automatic. The skin color of the person who overdosed has nothing to do with why they are asked the hard questions. I believe in this case the media jumped all over it because it was TO....I don't think they cared if he was black, white or green....he is in the public eye and that is all they need to take every little thing he does and run crazy with it.

I am no expert on the suicide topic....but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

:beer:

hey rocks, I agree, he need to shut his mouth,play football and stop acting like some spoiled brat a$$ kid but Thanks man, finally someone see what i'm trying to say. I been trying to say all along it wasn't a sucide attempt but the media just kept insisting it was even after people close to TO and the "facts" just didn't add up.One other thing Rocks that I wanted to say all along was that sucide is almost unheard from black people, not saying there's not a 1-in a millon chance but overall its just not an option. If it had been OD trying to get high, hell yeah I can believe that. (I can just hear the comments now on that one). Then the police thing got involved and from a black person perspective, me, (Michael Irvin on TV) and others (on black talk radio) see something different and not to put a police report as absolute truth because most of us (blacks) has had encounters (profiled) for no reason what so ever and the police cannot explain it. Then the thing came out a couple years ago where police have to make a report why they stop people. Guess what, no more talk or reporting of profling from blacks. Now did the profiling stop or are the police just don't want to do the paperworK? Don't know, but I know I haven't been stopped for any unnecessary reasons since then or unnecessary reason since cameras have been installed in police cars. I tell my white friends in my Mustang circle that cameras in police cars is one of if not the best thing the police did for black guys, its all there on camera...good or bad. Thanks Rocks, there has always been a bond between us from the start. I owe you one..:beer:

TP Derrick D
09-29-2006, 03:41 PM
I've been stopped for no reason at all, and I am as white as the day is long. I am not saying that people are stopped for Driving While Black every day, but it happens to other people too. Either way, I agree with Ron - that really isnt in play here at all.

The fake drugs thing was more than a falsified police report. That situation couldnt be more dissimilar to this one. Maybe if they had arrested T.O. for misuse of a prescription medication or something, you would have something there.

And no, I don't agree a police report is an opinion. When an officer files a report, he swears the account is true to the best of his knowledge. If something is wrong in there, its because he got bad information from somewhere. I know, there are some bad cops out there that do file false reports, but I don't see any evidence whatsoever that the police tried to paint this as something different than they had been led to believe.

Well Garrett,I see you are REALLY trusting of the Police but I agree with some of that, mainly about a police account of what someone told them if they are just writing it down. And yeah he swears it too the best of his knowledge....like the under cover police did with those Hispanic guys. He wrote the statement and all the official stuff that goes along with it. The case may be different, but its still a case of an untrue police report. I believe you may have been stopped by the police for no reason but not like what I'm talking about here. i'm talking about just looking for a reason to stop you trying to get some type of crime or bust. And I'm talking about white cops stopping blacks for no reason , I never heard about black cops stopping black guys for no reason( but I have heard about black cops that try to overdo it to show his white cops that he's not giving the black guy a break) because usually the black cop would see that the situation that caused the stopping was just part of everyday ways. I can see you now..:confused: For example, everybody is rolling around on 22's & 24's on old cars,everybody know that stuff started in 'da hood so police knowing the "activities" that take place in 'da hood and start stopping guys that drives those type cars for no reason or no probable cause but think if they do luck up and find something, then the illegal stop was justified. A black cop should know that's just a car on big rims and its common place in the black community and have nothing to do with crime but I do feel after a while some black cops lose connection with his black identy. But i know they are in a tough situation. I see me & you or you & I need to roll around south Dallas for a day, I'm serious Garrett you may just have a different opinion after that. but hey man I respect your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it.
Oh by the way, when I was in college ,for that one year, my major was Criminal Justice. You'd be amazed what you learn in that class. So no I'm not really a police hater, I wanted to be one, I just know from experience what happens in the real world.

Silver_2000
09-29-2006, 04:16 PM
I've been stopped for no reason at all, and I am as white as the day is long.

I would agree - Garrett is the Whitest :rll: :rll: :rll:

Although logan is pretty pasty too... :rll: :rll: :rll:

Seriously - I have been stopped both on the road and on the lake for NO reason. I guess I could says its profiling or race or it could be just a cop doing his job as well or poorly as he is capable.

Im not saying that TO tried to commit suicide BUT I also dont think that everything that happens is tied back to race. Yes there are racists and bigots and *******s - but EVERY incident cant be explained away by race. It gets tiresome to constantly hear it brought up. We dont even know the race of the officers involved do we ? To think that the majority of the DPD spends thier time looking to find brothers to profile and mistreat is crazy. Sure it happens, but the same things happen to all kinds of people to some degree.

I wonder what Bill Cosby would say about this ...

Doug

edit to fix quote tag

98Cobra
09-29-2006, 04:38 PM
I think Doug summed up my feelings on this one.

What I meant by being completely different cases Derrick, is in the fake frug thing, the report was made up to boost arrest numbers. What is the end goal of making up a suicide attempt call?

What would be VERY interesting to me, would be what dispatch told the responding officers. I only have seen the transcript of the 911 call placed by his publicist - but the dispatcher might have phrased it differently to the responding officers. I wonder if anyone will request that tape, or if it exists.

Also, and this probably wont win me any points with you Derrick ;) is that I believe profiling in many situations has some merit, if used judiciously.

Silver_2000
09-29-2006, 05:17 PM

What I meant by being completely different cases Derrick, is in the fake frug thing, the report was made up to boost arrest numbers. What is the end goal of making up a suicide attempt call?

What would be VERY interesting to me, would be what dispatch told the responding officers. I only have seen the transcript of the 911 call placed by his publicist - but the dispatcher might have phrased it differently to the responding officers. I wonder if anyone will request that tape, or if it exists.

Also, and this probably wont win me any points with you Derrick ;) is that I believe profiling in many situations has some merit, if used judiciously.
Tape is on yahoo somewhere - heard it yesterday
She says she needs an ambulance - "he took too many pills" "what do I do they are down the throat "

here it is http://www.yahoo.com/s/402008

TP Derrick D
09-29-2006, 07:12 PM
I would agree - Garrett is the Whitest :rll: :rll: :rll:

Although logan is pretty pasty too... :rll: :rll: :rll:

Seriously - I have been stopped both on the road and on the lake for NO reason. I guess I could says its profiling or race or it could be just a cop doing his job as well or poorly as he is capable.

Im not saying that TO tried to commit suicide BUT I also dont think that everything that happens is tied back to race. Yes there are racists and bigots and *******s - but EVERY incident cant be explained away by race. It gets tiresome to constantly hear it brought up. We dont even know the race of the officers involved do we ? To think that the majority of the DPD spends thier time looking to find brothers to profile and mistreat is crazy. Sure it happens, but the same things happen to all kinds of people to some degree.

I wonder what Bill Cosby would say about this ...

Doug

edit to fix quote tag

Doug, you have totally missed it. I NEVER said this happened to TO because of his race..... AGAIN,....I NEVER said this happened to TO because of his race. The whole race thing got interjected because Garrett said he believes the police report to be true... I said I don't and gave examples...mainly that as a black man I don't put a lot of credibality in the fact that a police report is always true simpily because of the way I've been treated or know of ways people of color has been treat because of their race and how the report will say something different. I even mention the fake drug bust and how that report was fake but it was a sworn report non the less, now I'm sorry anyone on this board don't see what I'm talking about except Rocks but I don't remember it being a problem nationwide of constant police harassment, beating of people, shooting unharmed people,closing down a park to keep from gathering,any of that with white people. I can go on but for what? I never said DPD go around profiling "brothas" all day long. I don't know where you got that. Like I said earlier "you'll never see what I see" so you might just have to trust me on this. It goes deeper than just being explained away by race. Do you know what Icecube was talking about at the end of Boyz in 'da Hood when he said...the other side don't know, don't show, or don't care about what happen in 'da hood. Basically I guess as a white person in this country you either believe that blacks are treated different or you don't. I guess you didn't see the 20/20 program last week on Sterotyping- Truth or Myth?
But I do admit Doug its not as bad as it once was and I truly believe its because of cameras in private hands and in police cars. After the police beat the fock out of Rodney King for no reason and they denied the cause and severity ,it started to come to light more and started to decline even more after the session on Capitol Hill. but the rodney King incident would have been just another myth of a black man getting beat by police if that lady/man with the video camera hadn't taped it. Yeah I know it only happened that one time right? all the other 100's -1000's of times of mistreatment by police didn't happen, just all made up. Bill Cosby knows it happen he just may not be as exposed to it because of his money and fame. man I really wish you & Garrett was my neighbors (I live in a mixed race upper middle class neighborhood with 3 white neighbors on all sides by the way, I don't live in the gettho or 'da hood)so we could have better interactions about this. Anyone reading this and not knowing me may get the wrong impression.

TP Derrick D
09-29-2006, 07:33 PM

Well Garrett you'll probably find this hard to believe, but I too believe in profiling to some degree especially if the reason fits. But I think what you and I disagree is the fact that a whole nation of black men were being systematcially being stopped, harassed or in many cases beaten for no reason and the police were denying it. Now I know a lot of whites just refuse to believe it or that the saying "police are our friends" just don't rein true for everyone. Even if the fake drug police report was to raise arrest numbers or it was for something else it was still a sworn police report that was not true written by a police officer , sworn to uphold the law, protect & serve and all that BS, the report was still a lie, fake, falsefied, not true so don't believe all police reports are actual fact. THEY LIE AND COVERUP THINGS GARRETT. No not every one of the reports, but enough to have their credibility questioned in the black community. Sorry, but its true.

Mark #2
09-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Random comment:
I went to college in Philly

98Cobra
09-29-2006, 11:39 PM
No not every one of the reports, but enough to have their credibility questioned in the black community. Sorry, but its true.

I quote this one part because it raises an interesting question for me.

Does this mean there can never be real justice for a black man? If a black man is convicted of a crime, even though the justice system is far better than it used to be, will people still complain that part of the reason he was caught/charged/found guilty is because he is black?

I dont mean this to be a question to provoke anything - but it makes me wonder - at what point will the justice system (which is made up of lots of human beings that have their own values, morals, and beliefs) be refined enough for the black community at large to say, collectively, "Ok, I think we are finally being given a fair shot at justice, on the whole."

I hope that made sense :confused:

Boy, have we strayed beyond T.O. or what. I feel cheapened to know this very real discussion was started by that a-hole. :D

Silver_2000
09-30-2006, 01:02 AM
Derrick

I undertsand that you dont believe the cops. I never said I did ...

Its just unfortunate that the reason you dont trust the cops is because as a black man you have had bad experiences. It should be just that you have had bad experiences. The fact that you express it as a racial thing sustains the problem...

Doug

03LightningRocks
09-30-2006, 04:37 AM
I have separated pills to have some at work and some at the house so I don't have to remember to carry them everywhere I go.

As far as the whole "suicide" think, I didn't believe it pretty much from the first time I heard abou it. If the hospital thought he was a danger to himself or anyone else, they wouldn't have let him go that quickly.

And no, I don't trust the media. They just want a story.

Yep....I keep all my pills seperate from the pill bottles too. I don't want to get the people who hooked me up into trouble if I get caught with them.

Who da thunk it...I do have something in common with Lyfisin after all. You probably already know this but something else I always do that you may want to start doing is to wipe all the finger prints off the little glass bottles when you first get them. That way if you have to throw them out the window when the cops are chasing you, you don't get your connection busted.

I haven't figured out what to do about all the pieces of aluminum foil yet. How do you deal with that, or do you just use a pipe?

dboat
09-30-2006, 08:51 AM
Random comment:
I went to college in Philly and was the only white guy on the BB court most days.

Some how my buddy Kenny with the biggest baddest 1/2" raised burned in Omega tats forgot I was white one day and took me to a local bar.

They locked the door behind me, I have a little appreciation of what it feels like to be a minority.

Mark, been there and done that... when I was at Univ of Houston, I was one of the few guys in my BB class.. good thing I could hit an outside jump shot. Since I was working at Foley's at the time and would leave school to go to work, suitably wearing my Nik Nik shirts, I got the nickname of Playboy.
But I too got to see the other side. I understand as well.
Dana

StormShadow
09-30-2006, 10:27 AM
Anyone here ever seen the movie White Man's Burdon with John Travolta? It totally reverses the roll of whites and blacks. Interesting movie makes you look at things from a different perspective. I have worked in Sunny South Dallas Fair Park, PG, and Sout Oak Cliff for 8 years out in the field and a telephone repairman and I grew up in South Grand Prairie so I have a little experience with life in the "hood". When I go to neighborhoods (mostly apt complexes) in the hood everyone keeps their eye on me because they think I'm the police. It must be pretty bad for people to be soo concerned about the police that they look at everyone with a suspicious eye. Where as one group of people will see trouble and look to the police for help another group will look for police to avoid trouble. This isn't totally isolated to one group though. Ever been in a biker group or a lowrider group? Ask them if they ever get profiled. I don't doubt the police do it I think that you can try to minimize yourself as a target as much as possible. Example don't wear gang colors in gang areas and loiter, don't ride motorcycles with a hells angels biker vest in a known area etc. If you are trying not to be a target and still catch grief then I agree that it is not deserved. I think what I'm trying to say is that there ARE certain types that are profiled and we all know who they are. All you can do is try not to associate yourself with them in the eyes of the police and you minimize yourself as a target. If you get targeted just because of color then that is wrong, but getting pulled over for leaving a known crack area at 2am even though you weren't doing anything "wrong" is not an excuse.

03LightningRocks
09-30-2006, 11:40 AM
Anyone here ever seen the movie White Man's Burdon with John Travolta?

Yes I have. I bought the DVD.....I liked the movie. Makes you think. It is really fun to watch while doing drugs.

03LightningRocks
09-30-2006, 07:29 PM
OK....been messing around the house this evening while drinking some kind of Irish cream sh!t. I just realized I am getting sh!tfaced. Here it is 7 PM at night and I am already focked up. Makes me want to take pain pills...:evil . I am not cool enough to have ever hung out with large groups of black guys. But I have sat around with multiple ethnic backgrounds smoking dope and washing down codein with beer. When I was a kid...15 or so....we use to buy dope from a black dude who insisted we call him nigger Willy. I would always intentionally try to avoid having to call him by name. My fear had nothing to do with being afraid of offending. I was more worried that somehow it would piss off god if I said the N word. Funny how I wasn't worried about pissing off God for doing and selling weed...but had concerns that the N word would piss him off. I often wonder about what ever happened to Ole Willy....maybe he moved on to Rap music. Anyway....I just wanted Mark and Dana know that I too could relate to the plight of Black America.:rolleyes:

You guys fricking crack me up sometimes. The only thing missing from ya'lls post was to ask Derek if he knows any of the dudes you used to hang with.

:Bullshit

03LightningRocks
09-30-2006, 07:52 PM
OK...I just swiched to margeritas....let's see if my style changes. Hell....maybe I will start typing in Mexican...:rll: . Holly sh!t.....i am begining to have trouble spotting the keys on my keybord. Nobody probably realized I have to look at the keyboard when I tyope. The real interesting part is that I am beging to nut giv a **** if I spell a word wrong because i miss a keu.

Hey....by the way...my daughter id supposr to be geting home tonight around 12 or one....if she finds me passed out on the couch and calls 911....you guys back me up that I am nut truing to kill myself.

:cool:

Silver_2000
09-30-2006, 08:18 PM
OK...I just swiched to margeritas....let's see if my style changes. Hell....maybe I will start typing in Mexican...:rll: . Holly sh!t.....i am begining to have trouble spotting the keys on my keybord. Nobody probably realized I have to look at the keyboard when I tyope. The real interesting part is that I am beging to nut giv a **** if I spell a word wrong because i miss a keu.

Hey....by the way...my daughter id supposr to be geting home tonight around 12 or one....if she finds me passed out on the couch and calls 911....you guys back me up that I am nut truing to kill myself.

:cool:

LOL

If you run out of margaritas get a cab and head over here
I have plenty of Lt Blender left from Lfest

03LightningRocks
09-30-2006, 08:31 PM
LOL

LOL....I bet I pass out before the margeritas(spelling?....fock)...anyway...run out.

By the way...the Tequila of choice(in the book of Rocks) is Gran Centenario...signature something or other.

98Cobra
10-01-2006, 01:03 AM
LOL

WHy didnt you say so sooner?!?!?

dboat
10-01-2006, 10:03 AM
OK....been messing around the house this evening while drinking some kind of Irish cream sh!t. I just realized I am getting sh!tfaced. Here it is 7 PM at night and I am already focked up. Makes me want to take pain pills...:evil . I am not cool enough to have ever hung out with large groups of black guys. But I have sat around with multiple ethnic backgrounds smoking dope and washing down codein with beer. When I was a kid...15 or so....we use to buy dope from a black dude who insisted we call him nigger Willy. I would always intentionally try to avoid having to call him by name. My fear had nothing to do with being afraid of offending. I was more worried that somehow it would piss off god if I said the N word. Funny how I wasn't worried about pissing off God for doing and selling weed...but had concerns that the N word would piss him off. I often wonder about what ever happened to Ole Willy....maybe he moved on to Rap music. Anyway....I just wanted Mark and Dana know that I too could relate to the plight of Black America.:rolleyes:

You guys fricking crack me up sometimes. The only thing missing from ya'lls post was to ask Derek if he knows any of the dudes you used to hang with.

:Bullshit

:rll: :rll: :rll:

BC Lightning
10-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Sure didn't act like he was depressed the way he was acting on the sidelines and the way he played today :rolleyes:

TP Derrick D
10-02-2006, 01:51 PM
Doug & Garrett, guys honestly I like the dialog on this but I'm honestly not trying to make it a racial issue. Thing is it happens in the black community, its getting better as I stated and I explained my beliefs on that but I don't think it will go away over nite or even over 5-10 years because of the mistreatment by the people still living it. Once it goes away and don't happen, the next generation(my grandson) I hope will have no experience with it and it dies.And yes as blacks, we want to be able to think we had a fair trial, only got stopped because of a moving violation or for a legit reason. But right now its just not to that point. In the courts blacks are even concerned that they will get more time when you have to question the lenght of prison time given a black man for selling drugs -vs- a white man that kills someone. Until all of that type stuff go away it will be a issue. yeah, I know there are other groups like motorcycle gangs in the spotlight but thats not an entire race of people.But there is truth to Adams post and I don't even live there.hey guys honest I treat people of any race as I want to be treated and I hope no one here would called me racist or trying to drive a wedge between races because thats not the case. I was just stating I don't have the faith in a Police report just because its a police report based on what I've lived and experienced. I haven't seen the movie Adam mentioned but I will. fact is guys its there wheather you are aware of it or not, so get the Driving While Black unwritten law out of society and let's all just get along. Yeah Garrett we got way off the subject, I'll do the honors..:0fftopic ..:D

StormShadow
10-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Doug & Garrett, guys honestly I like the dialog on this but I'm honestly not trying to make it a racial issue. Thing is it happens in the black community, its getting better as I stated and I explained my beliefs on that but I don't think it will go away over nite or even over 5-10 years because of the mistreatment by the people still living it. Once it goes away and don't happen, the next generation(my grandson) I hope will have no experience with it and it dies.And yes as blacks, we want to be able to think we had a fair trial, only got stopped because of a moving violation or for a legit reason. But right now its just not to that point. In the courts blacks are even concerned that they will get more time when you have to question the lenght of prison time given a black man for selling drugs -vs- a white man that kills someone. Until all of that type stuff go away it will be a issue. yeah, I know there are other groups like motorcycle gangs in the spotlight but thats not an entire race of people.But there is truth to Adams post and I don't even live there.hey guys honest I treat people of any race as I want to be treated and I hope no one here would called me racist or trying to drive a wedge between races because thats not the case. I was just stating I don't have the faith in a Police report just because its a police report based on what I've lived and experienced. I haven't seen the movie Adam mentioned but I will. fact is guys its there wheather you are aware of it or not, so get the Driving While Black unwritten law out of society and let's all just get along. Yeah Garrett we got way off the subject, I'll do the honors..:0fftopic ..:D

:tu:

03LightningRocks
10-02-2006, 06:48 PM

BC Lightning
10-02-2006, 07:49 PM

:tex

Tex Arcana
10-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Just a thought that occurred during the game Sunday: that T.O.'s specific job is as a lightning rod.

Think of it: he'll grab ALL the spotlight, ALL the new coverage, and ALL the talk-show fodder; while Big Tuna runs around in the background preparing for games, and JJ does T.O. damage control.

Food for thought.