PDA

View Full Version : Well, it finally happened...

98Cobra
11-10-2002, 01:59 PM
Got busted speeding on the DNT last night on the way home about 1:30. Plano cop, and he got me as I came up the ramp at the north end at Headquarters. Said he clocked me doing 91 in a 60.

Couple of questions:

1) I can't read my copy of the ticket, like, AT ALL. It is carbon copy like a check book, but he apparently didn't press down hard enough at all. Shouldn't I be entitled to at least a half legible copy? :bs

2) Anyone know a good attorney, or will they even touch 31 over the limit?

It was kinda funny, I was sitting there while he wrote it out, and behind me, I saw the following pass through the intersection and turn left on Headquarters(all in line!)

- Viper
- Two Vettes
- Sportbike
- Viper

Gee, wonder where they were going??!?! Needless to say, after they passed by, the cop hurriedly handed my ticket and practically ran back to his cruiser to go follow them.

Oh, and question 3:

A friend at work got busted by DPS in the same area last week, doing 88 in a 60. His fine was $140. Does Plano and TXDPS have to have the same fine amounts for the same offenses in the same place(the Tollway)? Why or why not?

Thanks guys....

:(

J.D. Blackwell
11-10-2002, 04:55 PM
Sorry to here about that.

You should get your CDL and your Handgun license. A Highway Patrol told me if you get pulled over and you he finds out that you have both of those that 90% of thetime he will just walk away.
It is because they have to fill out ths much of paperwork;
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/878-1135-38098.jpg

A couple weeks ago I was speeding down a highway in a Peterbilt doing around 85 or so in a 70 and a highway partol got me. When I pulled over I killed the truck and jumped out. He ask for my license and I showed him my Handgun License and he just smiled at me and said, "Have a good hunting season" and hauled a$$.
This was proof the Highway Patrol was telling the truth.:D

wesman
11-10-2002, 06:46 PM
Go deferred.....just don't get caught again during the probation period :)

--wes

Red2002
11-10-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by J.D. Blackwell
I am this big! Honest!
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/878-1135-38098.jpg

JD! http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/1855-2588-36275.gif

Ivanhoe_Farms
11-10-2002, 09:14 PM
I got the Conceal Carry permit for another reason, but if what you say is true it is a bargain from the ticket standpoint!!!:tu:
http://gunbroker.com/pixhost/2002-09-29/C3-FASTFIRE_1033446003_Mvc-024f.jpg:banana:

CONCEAL THIS:d

Red2002
11-10-2002, 09:21 PM
Whoa! What kind of wildlife are you drawing down on out there? That thing looks NASTY! http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/1855-2588-37953.gif

L8 APEX
11-10-2002, 09:22 PM
I heard if you get two tickets a year your CDL gets suspended:confused: Half the cops agree with CHL the rest think it is a hazzard to the community. The second best thing to having a badge to get out of aticket is a military ID:tu: My brother has a NAVY ID and gets all kind of hook ups, tickets, nudy bars no cover, hotel discounts:banana:

Red2002
11-10-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
My brother has a NAVY ID and gets all kind of hook ups, tickets, nudy bars no cover, hotel discounts:banana:

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/1855-2588-38153.gif

wesman
11-11-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
I heard if you get two tickets a year your CDL gets suspended:confused: Half the cops agree with CHL the rest think it is a hazzard to the community. The second best thing to having a badge to get out of aticket is a military ID:tu: My brother has a NAVY ID and gets all kind of hook ups, tickets, nudy bars no cover, hotel discounts:banana:

Yep yep...I have my old military ID....works like a charm...got me out of a few and got a little less when it was ticket writing time.

At least some people understand the sacrifice the armed forces give for this country....I think a ticket is the least of what we can overlook for them....without them we have no freedom.....without freedom we have nothing ......................

--wes

MadMax
11-11-2002, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by 98Cobra
Got busted speeding on the DNT last night on the way home about 1:30. Plano cop, and he got me as I came up the ramp at the north end at Headquarters. Said he clocked me doing 91 in a 60.

Couple of questions:

1) I can't read my copy of the ticket, like, AT ALL. It is carbon copy like a check book, but he apparently didn't press down hard enough at all. Shouldn't I be entitled to at least a half legible copy? :bs

It was kinda funny, I was sitting there while he wrote it out, and behind me, I saw the following pass through the intersection and turn left on Headquarters(all in line!)

Law Offices of Martin J. Rubin
3611 Fairmount Street
Dallas, Texas 75219
214-599-9111

Rubin...got me off on a Dallas Parkway Tollway ticket...110 in a 55.

:D

devildog92
11-11-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by 98Cobra

Couple of questions:

- Viper
- Two Vettes
- Sportbike
- Viper

Gee, wonder where they were going??!?! Needless to say, after they passed by, the cop hurriedly handed my ticket and practically ran back to his cruiser to go follow them.

Oh, and question 3:

A friend at work got busted by DPS in the same area last week, doing 88 in a 60. His fine was $140. Does Plano and TXDPS have to have the same fine amounts for the same offenses in the same place(the Tollway)? Why or why not?

Thanks guys....

:(

I thought that on the DNT (If you mean Dallas North Tollway), only the Highway Patrol could issue tickets, that Muni's were not allowed to do so...I could be wrong, but I thought THE DNT was the only tollway in the state that the DPS could patrol where the muni's were not allowed to...

Badcarma
11-11-2002, 09:50 PM
Been lucky a few times myself....had a couple of triple didgit clocks...and a medical air transport badge......let me go.....but I have slowed down anyway......Don't want to push it in a certain city limits:rolleyes: