PDA

View Full Version : OK, who wants it?

TXBLU
09-28-2006, 09:08 AM
My Lightning is officially for sale. My new SRT8 Grand Cherokee will be coming home in a few days at the most. It kinda sucks because I've yet to see another web site as good as this one. TALON seems to have more intelligent and technically savy members than any other site I've been to.
I very much appreciate all the help y'all have given me over the years. I sure hope I can find my truck a good home. It's listed in the For Sale section.

Peace.

RSVT
09-28-2006, 05:19 PM
congrats! why did u get the srt8 jeep, the L is alot faster than it, well at least i think cuz i already smoked one

TXBLU
09-28-2006, 06:38 PM
The best I ever got out of my L when it was stock was a 13.9 in the 1/4. The Jeep is pulling mid 13s right out of the box, according to the magazines. With all wheel drive, it should KILL most Ls off the line, modded or not not, with the exception of a full on race truck. It doesn't sound like you ran an SRT8 Jeep. What mods do you have, anyway?

Besides, i need the interior room and still want a quick machine. Best bang for the buck in performance SUVs as far as I can tell.

Not sure where you get your info from...

WA 2 FST
09-28-2006, 07:12 PM
I think the SRT8 is cool. It won't _kill_ mildly modded L's though... off the line or through the 1/4 mile. An L that runs high-12s is a 0-60 in 4.5+ second truck... that's as fast or faster than an SRT8, not to mention it will drag the Jeep from 60 on up...and it doesn't cost much to do it.

But I'm not here to debate that. I remember your posts about needing something with a backseat... the SRT8 has that, the L doesn't. End of comparison right there. :)

I hope there's a truck out there like yours in about 3.5 years. It'd be a great addition to my family. My son will be driving then, and he is already saving.

(edited to get my facts straight) :D

gagspa
09-29-2006, 08:21 AM
The best I ever got out of my L when it was stock was a 13.9 in the 1/4. The Jeep is pulling mid 13s right out of the box, according to the magazines. With all wheel drive, it should KILL most Ls off the line, modded or not not, with the exception of a full on race truck.
That's odd because my wife drove the L to a 13.4 on worn out tires and with a full tank of gas...:confused:

TXBLU
09-29-2006, 09:01 AM
OK, it's official; My bubble has burst!!!! I can't drive!!! Either that, or my L is just slow. Then again, when I ran my truck, it was stone stock, on the original Goodyears, and it was almost 90 dregrees out.

At any rate, I will certainly not shy away from any encounter with an L in the SRT. Stay tuned...

gagspa
09-29-2006, 10:03 AM
OK, it's official; My bubble has burst!!!! I can't drive!!! Either that, or my L is just slow. Then again, when I ran my truck, it was stone stock, on the original Goodyears, and it was almost 90 dregrees out.

At any rate, I will certainly not shy away from any encounter with an L in the SRT. Stay tuned...
Trust me, I would love to have a 4 door that would do 13s! I just can't afford it nor can I tear the L away from the wife.

WA 2 FST
09-29-2006, 11:37 AM

My '99 ran 13.9 in 95F heat, too. I wasn't trying to insinuate you couldn't drive. I just know most L's on _this_ board will run mid-4s 0-60 on radials. An SRT in 95F heat isn't going to run better than mid-13s...at least not in TX. Those downhill tracks in the northeast don't count. I've seen the posts and seen the boards.

I don't have much info on modding the SRT, except that I believe its a pretty penny to do so.

Best of luck with it. It's an awesome vehicle, no doubt.

TXBLU
09-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Hey, it's all good. As a matter of fact, I might try to get one of my buddies to drive the SRT against me in the L before it gets sold, just for scientific research purposes, don't you know. I wonder how much coin I'm gonna have to spend to get the jeep to run as quick as the L. From what I can tell, the Jeep weighs about 200 lbs. more than the L. I will certainly be stopping by to let you guys know how the mods go. :tu:

WA 2 FST
09-29-2006, 01:04 PM
I know _exactly_ what I'd do, especially given a factory block that was built with forged internals... nitrous oxide. If this Trailblazer SS sitting in my driveway was _mine_ and not _hers_, I would already have put the bottle on it.

Most people are too afraid to use it (and I've seen/witnessed all the various explosions, melted pistons, etc), but used in moderation with a proper tune... nitrous is a great power-adder, and NOT b/c it is cheap. In fact, set up correctly with all the safety stuff, it _isn't_ cheap.

But its easy to use, easy to manage, and provides excellent results... only when you need it. The older (and maybe wiser?) I get, the more I like "power on demand" instead of "power on... 100% of the time". It's there when you are racing, and its off and completely neutered when you're not. There are _no_ driveability issues with it. Tuning is relatively simple. You don't have to compromise _anything_ when you're not on the bottle. The vehicle runs/drives 100% factory stock.

And a good set up on a built motor like the SRT has will easily knock 1 second off the 1/4 mile time and be very, very reliable. Forget all the nickel/dime stuff that put together will give you .2 gain in ET. Run low-12s all day on _stock_ rubber (something that is hard to do for any L, even highly modded ones) with that AWD. :)

Please do keep us informed and stay in touch. Best to you.