PDA

View Full Version : Noise when accelerating.....

bluesvt
10-01-2006, 02:06 PM
While driving on the freeway and I give it a little gas I hear a slight buzzing sound over the blower. Anyone else have or had this problem? It has been going on for a while and I thought it was the air filter but now I'm not too sure. Anyone know what it might be? :confused:

L8 APEX
10-01-2006, 02:26 PM
AggieMom had a similar sound the dealer never located but did give an extended warranty in absence of diagnosis. They thought it was a fluttering EGR valve then blamed it on the 'aftermarket muffler'. Just be sure it is not tip in detonation. People describe noises differently. Detonation is more of a clatter or rattle IMO. Like shaking nuts in a can.

bluesvt
10-01-2006, 02:37 PM
No detonation, it's actually under half throttle just getting up to speed and it buzzes with the blower then makes a quick buzz when I let off the accelerator. It just gets annoying, and I wont take it to the dealer. Thanks for the input. :beer:

bluesvt
10-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Sounds like it is coming from the driverside.

Aggie Mom
10-01-2006, 04:40 PM
My truck STILL makes the noise. You're right it is very annoying. If you ever figure out what it is, let me know. No one can figure it out.

bluesvt
10-01-2006, 04:49 PM
I just hope it is nothing in the blower or something that might be causing more and more damage as time goes on to some critical.

Mark #2
10-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Sounds like it is coming from the driverside.
K5 had a similar sound years ago and it was the EGR valve.

bluesvt
10-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Is there any test I can do to it or should I just get a new one and save myself the trouble?

BC Lightning
10-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Is there any test I can do to it or should I just get a new one and save myself the trouble?

do the egr delete

tiffo60
10-01-2006, 09:36 PM

delete it and have terry turn it off in the tune:tu:

bluesvt
10-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Thanks, I guess I will try that and see if it fixes the prob. :beer:

BC Lightning
10-01-2006, 10:05 PM
plus makes it easier to change plugs :tu:

bluesvt
10-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Ha, anything to make that chore easier I am willing to do!

Highlander540
10-02-2006, 12:49 AM
EGR delete is a good idea.

A buddy of mine had a similar noise. Turned out it was his C&L plenum touching the bulkhead when the engine moved under load. Just a thought.

Mark #2
10-02-2006, 07:58 AM

Pull the vacuum hose off the top and plug it, see if the noise goes away.

bluesvt
10-02-2006, 05:43 PM
James my truck is still stock in that area so I dunno if that would still apply w/ stock plenum. I am fixing to was the b**** and I will try your suggestion Mark and see what happens. Thanks for the input. :beer:

bluesvt
10-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Closed off the EGR vac line and still noise continues. I noticed the problem once I installed my gauges. I have a boost gauge and an AEM wideband. That was about a year ago and around the time it all started.

charlie
10-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Just a thought.

Exhaust leak where they welded in the extra bung.
Belt slipping on the Eaton.
vac. leak in the cab just above your right foot, under the dash. (lines for stock vac/boost gage).

Hope this helps
Charlie

bluesvt
10-04-2006, 11:07 PM
I will check boost lines tomorrow, do not think it's the belt or exhaust though. It comes more from up front like in the engine bay or dash possibly. Thanks for the help. :beer:

L8 APEX
10-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Left the grommet out of the firewall? I have seen this a lot when folks run wires through this hole.

bluesvt
10-05-2006, 06:26 PM
Nope When I ran it I left the grommet in (what a pain in the a$$). I checked the boost lines that go to the gauge and all looked good. Checked the T connector and nothing was loose. I don't know why I am just now dealing with the prob, it's been a year but I guess it's just been driving me nuts lately. The search continues for the buzz. :throw:

bluesvt
10-06-2006, 05:51 PM
O.K. today I was driving and the reg noise was making me nuts, I think it's getting louder. So my friend and I were getting back to work and he finally heard the noise. I got on an open spot and punched it, and right after it shifted from 1st to 2nd it was making another sound. Not sure if it the same one but I have never heard it at W.O.T. before. Now I got home and on my street it sounded kinda like something was broke and rattling around when I gave it gas. It's not really loud but you can hear something. Any suggestions on that? I am afraid something is going to happen and pretty sure my warranty is gone from mods. :vomit: Thanks,
Kyle :beer:

tiffo60
10-06-2006, 07:23 PM
O.K. today I was driving and the reg noise was making me nuts, I think it's getting louder. So my friend and I were getting back to work and he finally heard the noise. I got on an open spot and punched it, and right after it shifted from 1st to 2nd it was making another sound. Not sure if it the same one but I have never heard it at W.O.T. before. Now I got home and on my street it sounded kinda like something was broke and rattling around when I gave it gas. It's not really loud but you can hear something. Any suggestions on that? I am afraid something is going to happen and pretty sure my warranty is gone from mods. :vomit: Thanks,
Kyle :beer:

if its real searious you can demmod it and take it to the dealer

bluesvt
10-07-2006, 08:24 AM
I used to have a chip on it so the pcm has been scraped. I imagine they would check for that right or wrong?

bluesvt
10-07-2006, 09:50 AM
I think I have come to the conclusion of detonation. The buzz is still there but I changed to my cold tune and when it shifted at W.O.T. it did not make that sound. I switched back to warm and there it was then switched back and it was gone. :rolleyes:

bluesvt
10-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Nevermind still does it on the cold tune. :crying: