PDA

View Full Version : white L with orange stripes

mk5.0
10-12-2006, 08:25 PM
Saw a white l with orange strips at HPP today. He had a whipple with nitrous and blew the motor. Anbody knows who truck it is?

99WhiteBeast
10-12-2006, 08:40 PM
whipple and NOS:eek:

RUNVS
10-12-2006, 10:03 PM

Probably a stock block too! :nono:

tiffo60
10-13-2006, 08:56 AM

whipple and NOS and HPP is all i had to hear, lol

L8 APEX
10-13-2006, 09:07 AM
Those are red stripes, that is a guy out of Abilene. Looks like karma paid him a visit:evil . His name is Reese I think

L8 APEX
10-13-2006, 09:12 AM
Saw a white l with orange strips at HPP today. He had a whipple with nitrous and blew the motor. Anbody knows who truck it is?
It was a stage 2 JLP engine. It was only about a month old as well.
They were bragging how well they tuned that truck two months back. They only made 650 on the nitrous. What was the story on the blow? That guy had me bid the job but went with HPP and a JLP motor instead because they were 'cheaper'. I guess he got what he paid for:rll: . The other question is what are you doing at HPP...
I talked to a guy up there and he said it has been stored in the back of HPP for 3 weeks anyway. Spending 10 grand for a built motor and Whipple, blowing it up in a few weeks, priceless:tongue:

mk5.0
10-13-2006, 11:02 AM
It was a stage 2 JLP engine. It was only about a month old as well.
They were bragging how well they tuned that truck two months back. They only made 650 on the nitrous. What was the story on the blow? That guy had me bid the job but went with HPP and a JLP motor instead because they were 'cheaper'. I guess he got what he paid for:rll: . The other question is what are you doing at HPP...
I talked to a guy up there and he said it has been stored in the back of HPP for 3 weeks anyway. Spending 10 grand for a built motor and Whipple, blowing it up in a few weeks, priceless:tongue:

They are building a new engine for the truck. I guess the guy took the truck to some other shop and had them tune it and blew the motor.

I was haveing them tune my 03 cobra it put down 512rwhp and 477 rwtq with a port and upper pulley :D 11.8 AF across the board...

tiffo60
10-13-2006, 11:08 AM
They are building a new engine for the truck. I guess the guy took the truck to some other shop and had them tune it and blew the motor.

I was haveing them tune my 03 cobra it put down 512rwhp and 477 rwtq with a port and upper pulley :D 11.8 AF across the board...

you are brave, i know of a couple of vehicles that have had the motor blown on the dyno during one of there tuning sessions:eek:

BC Lightning
10-13-2006, 11:32 AM
you are brave, i know of a couple of vehicles that have had the motor blown on the dyno during one of there tuning sessions:eek:

Are we talking about Speedworks or HPP??

I know Manny left Speedworks taking his Ford tuning software and started HPP out of his shed behind his house, then Speedworks went under when they were writing bad checks and HPP bought them out. From what I have heard and seen HPP are pretty good, my buddy had his procharged 96 Cobra tuned by Manny at HPP and it runs like a raped ape

they also make turbo kits for Quads, my buddy just put one on his banshee and

mk5.0
10-13-2006, 11:41 AM
Are we talking about Speedworks or HPP??

I know Manny left Speedworks taking his Ford tuning software and started HPP out of his shed behind his house, then Speedworks went under when they were writing bad checks and HPP bought them out. From what I have heard and seen HPP are pretty good, my buddy had his procharged 96 Cobra tuned by Manny at HPP and it runs like a raped ape

they also make turbo kits for Quads, my buddy just put one on his banshee and

Yes HPP they have speedworks old shop. They have plenty of badass cars there. Mannys cobra runs like 8's and they have the landspeed record cobra aswell.

Lyfisin
10-13-2006, 12:49 PM
I had my truck dyno'd there and got their name from the dfwstangs website. They (HPP) were pretty highly regarded at the time. Reading the posts, the guys felt about Manny, the same way we do about Terry and that's why I took mine there.

However, they didn't tune it. Not sure what happened to that L and I'm not sure I want to.

BC Lightning
10-13-2006, 01:08 PM
Yes HPP they have speedworks old shop. They have plenty of badass cars there. Mannys cobra runs like 8's and they have the landspeed record cobra aswell.

Believe me I know all about speedworks and how they almost went to jail, I think people still have them mixed up with hpp

03stx
10-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Wasn't HPP the ones that had a video of a Harley truck on the dyno and they ran it through all the gears ? I will have to search for that video.

EDIT* here is the video....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlKcSb5qw3c

L8 APEX
10-13-2006, 01:46 PM
Manny and Ozzy are brothers in business at HPP, Jeremy is the guy that quit and started working at home. HPP tuned that truck, I don't think any other shop touched it before it blew. That guy has to be real happy that his new built motor lasted all of a couple weeks. HPP is a Stang shop, I wouldn't go outside that..

wesman
10-13-2006, 02:31 PM
HPP is a Stang shop, I wouldn't go outside that..

This is my understanding as well.

--wes

mk5.0
10-13-2006, 03:38 PM
Manny and Ozzy are brothers in business at HPP, Jeremy is the guy that quit and started working at home. HPP tuned that truck, I don't think any other shop touched it before it blew. That guy has to be real happy that his new built motor lasted all of a couple weeks. HPP is a Stang shop, I wouldn't go outside that..

looks like he was happy enough to have them build his new motor....

Tex Arcana
10-13-2006, 06:43 PM
Wasn't HPP the ones that had a video of a Harley truck on the dyno and they ran it through all the gears ? I will have to search for that video.

EDIT* here is the video....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlKcSb5qw3c

Yeah, they didn't know L's very well, except to NOT to run 'em to redline, the last couple times I dyno'd there, they'd lift at least 2-300 rpm before redline. :shrug:

RSVT
10-14-2006, 06:15 PM
[quote= HPP is a Stang shop, I wouldn't go outside that..[/quote]

thats what i told a buddy of mine, dont know if you seen a dark blue L at HPP thats my buddys, he jus got a built motor from them and a built rear end, he hasnt seen his truck like in 6months:eek: becuz they keep givin him excuses, i told him that they tune some bad stangs but nver heard of an L runnin good out that shop.